Codeine withdrawal, day 9, worried about my gf, as she started to drink

I drink those sachettes witch electrolites from drug store, that you suppose to mix with water. Now I feel exhausted, mainly because of dehydration probably, pain is gone though :slight_smile:

There isn’t such a thing as “addict in medical records”, as Poles are historically paranoid about government power, and we hate government to track ANY of our medical record. Electronic prescriptions are just a thing in Poland, and they have been introduced just this year, after long talks and fights, that went for years, about that, this kind of system is maybe infringement to our liberty.

3 Likes

High guys, just wanted to say, that I am still sober and that I still have huge problems with sleeping, alltough joint pain is almost, almost gone

Also, I got very dehydrated after 8 days of constant diarrhea, as I mentioned before. Now after hydration with electrolytes I fell a little better in that regard.

I’m exhausted.
Insomnia is really making me miserable. It destroys my mind, as I start to feel memory issues and I feel startled all the time.

I’m starting to loose my enthusiasm because of it. My doctor prescribed me Stilnox (zolpidem, I think it’s called Ambien in US), but I don’t know if I should take it.
I also feel urge to drink alcohol “for sleep”, but that’s the worst what I could I think, as it is quick way to become alcoholic, whom I don’t want to become.

What do you think I should do?

Also, during night my gf is in such a pain, that she’s been agresive towards me, and started blaming me for everything. We never fought before, so it’s not very comfortable, especially that my parents were fighting all the time during my teens and then they started very nasty divorce, which has ruined me and my sister, so I just hate fighting.

1 Like

How long are You sober? Could You evaluate more about the time you started to sleep well again?

1 Like

Thanks, I think a can manage two weeks.
I have to

1 Like

How u doing u over the worst of the rattles now? Am feeling like a could take some painkillers a also have 4 5mg diazepam in my cupboard I feel I could take a couple and b ok a Don t know why am writing this to u suppose am just missing the codeine

Mate taking diazepam would not be the best of ideas,especially if your taking them for the bus. Benzos just led me right back to taking heroin! :slight_smile:
Feeling like you could take some now is just your inner addict trying to convince you.

Av still not took them part of me thinks having them there keeps my mind settled!everyday and night I think about it even just half of one

Hey, thanks for advice, but benzos are like narcotics foe me. I used to be addicted to alprazolam and clonazepam when I was 18. I was a very troubled teen, my parents were going threw a very nasty divorce, there was a lot of fighting in my home before also, so I was very anxious. I went to a psychiatrist, who prescribed me alprazolam, I took it, and I fell in love with it after the first time - all my anxiety went away in a snap. After that there was a lot drinking, partying, and it ended in mental hospital. Now I only was taking it for the detoxing, but right I felt a little better, I asked my GF to hide all the benzos from me.

Back to meritum, I feel fine. I feel like detox is over for me. But my GF started binge drinking, and I don’t know what to do. She says it’s only because of the detox and the pain, and in some way I believe her. She promised she stops today, with booze, so we will see. Still, I’m very worriod about her, and I don’t know exactly what to do.

1 Like

Please guys, need some support :frowning:

What’s happening?

My gf started to binge drink, as we used “medically” some alcohol to feel a little bit better during withdrawal from opioids. I’m not a saint too, because I drink more than ever too. But she is drunk to unconsciousness from morning to down. I don’t know what to do.

Edit: btw, I feel so tempted, as there is an opened bottle of wine in the fridge. Should I poor it to sink?

Fuck. If she really is unconscious you have to get her to a hospital! It can be seriously dangerous!
You said earlier youse got pain meds from the doctor. Had your girlfriend taken these? These should be enough to take the pain away so she doesn’t need the alcohol. I understand the sentiment and idea behind her drinking, but well, she is overdoing it. And on day nine of your withdrawal, she should probably feel some of the symptoms relieve, if I’m not mistaken? How are you personally?

Yes. If that is an option (this is now my own Alcoholism talking, why wouldn’t it be an option?!) Pour out all the alcohol and don’t buy any more.

She is two days after me on detox, so it’s 7 days for her, nonetheless, you are probably right.

She is just sleeping now, sobering, it’s 8 am in Poland so the worst is after her. She had some reflexes and gags, so it wasn’t an emergency, just shitface. She promised me she stops today, but I know from personal experience what kind of hangover is waiting for her, so I’m afraid she is gonna drink, for a “relief”. I’m waiting for her to wake up, what should I tell her then?

1 Like

This is difficult right, as most people will say, your recovery comes first, you can’t save anybody and you can’t make decisions for them or shoulder their burden. And I believe this too and know it to be true. At the same time, you guys are going through this together, at the same time, in the same place. I do believe you have influence over her, also because she is weak from the withdrawals. If it was me, I would pour the booze away now, not having any myself, and let her know in no uncertain terms that’s done with. Keep her hydrated, keep her safe, and don’t give her any more booze. You have benzos from the doc at home, give her half of one if you can without being tempted yourself, IF she really needs to have something. Do not support her going back to drinking, it’s shit for her and will only make getting sober harder and more complicated for her. Neither of you needs that.

Obviously I know you don’t have control over what she does. But while she is too weak to go out and buy more, you actually do. Also she promised to stop anyway. My own personal opinion.

3 Likes

Thank You Faughx.

I poured all the booze to sink.
My gf just woke uo. She’s still a little bit drunk, but she really wants to stay sober :slight_smile:. I felt so much better.

1 Like

Good for you! Have a good day the both of you and check in with us again later!

1 Like

I have been to a drugstore for some bandages, and a farmacist, who knows me good obviously (codeine is OTC in Poland as I mentioned), said that I look much better. It made me feel better.

3 Likes

That must surely feel good! :slight_smile: And remember: the further you get in sobriety, the more reason you will have to feel good about yourselves. Things will not be all perfect and easy all the time, but you’ll feel better than using nonetheless, you’ll feel self respect. Don’t let up in your efforts, I wish you a good sober day!

1 Like

Hi:)
How are you guys doing today?
Thinking of you two alot.

1 Like