Comfort boxes

Sorry im aware im posting rather alot…just read an article about wellness/self love etc…there was a section about a comfort box…this is a box or a drawer anything really that is filled with all of your favourite things as a go to to help change minset/distract and to comfort you when things feel overwhelming…the box can contain literally anything that makes you happy…favourite smells, photographs, a list of favourite songs, list of hobbies, affirmations, favourite bag of sweets to name a few examples…all your favourite things all in one place… you could even do a smaller version to take with you when you are out and about…

I just thought this was a great idea so wanted to share in an effort to help others on here and beyond

My love to you all :heart:

19 Likes

That’s a really cool idea. Could definitely help with the triggers and cravings when they pop out of nowhere. Don’t worry about how many times you post. Being active on here is what really helps alot of people stay straight. :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Love this idea. Having your journal, some worry stones, crystals, maybe a book or two of meditations/Pocket Pema, etc. Some fuzzy comfort items. Maybe a list to remind you of what you are fighting so hard for. Brilliant!!

I seem to recall @VSue doing something similar years ago…carrying her literal sober toolbox in her purse? :thinking:

6 Likes

Yes i thought it was a cool idea too :sunglasses: i jusy really want to help others aswell as talking about my own struggles as i find that just as theraputic if not more so

2 Likes

Im watching our guilty pleasure right now Sassy…can you guess what it is??:smile:

1 Like

I did!!! It was very helpful to have it available whenever I needed it

4 Likes

RHOBH? I hear the Aspen trip goes over the top. I think getting lost in Bravo shows is a good distraction as well. It definitely helps me calm my brain. Plus, them acting poorly vs me is a good reminder!!!

1 Like

Oh my gosh I love this idea!! I’m going to make one of these for daughter’s birthday. (And one for myself too)

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder on using my confort box! I learned about this in treatment. I decorated a box with affirmations and pictures of thongs i likedz then added stuff inside to comfort each of the 5 senses (which goes along with the grounding technique of the 5 senses). I also have what i call a recovery toolkit. It is a red pencil case that i got from the dollar store. It has specifically recovery related stuff that i would put in my purse for on the go. Bcuz cravings can happen anytime. I havent used that in awhile but i still have it ready to go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohhh yey im so happy this is helping people!! And i see its been on here before but im pleased to send a good reminder, and yes Sassy it is RHOBH and yes it gets very messy :open_mouth:

1 Like

Miranda, thats also a fab idea to do it for others! Hope your daughter loves it :blush: