Comfort food

Growing up in LA I can honestly tell you I didn’t know what cheese fries or their fat Superior (imho) counterparts cheese tots were till
I moved to Oklahoma in my 20s. I definitely went through a cheese tots are my favorite food phase lol

1 Like

It isn’t a normal craving for me but if popped into my head and had to be sated. They were magnificent! I just might eat the whole bag. Oops.

1 Like

Popcorn and smoked fish. When I’m sad I substitute a real meal for these. Will do more than once a day if necessary. :popcorn::fish:

5 Likes

@Faugxh Together?!

Nutella. I know it is just fat and sugar with a whiff of hazelnuts but so damn good. And also bacon.

5 Likes

Yes Ma’am. :popcorn::fish: Today will be such a day for sure.

3 Likes

images (16)

4 Likes

I think my true comfort food would be pasta with salty butter and a bit of cheese. Especially “long noodles” as kiddo calls them (spaghetti, angel hair, linguine etc). I don’t eat it regularly but I could eat it daily and not get bored of it! :yum:

6 Likes

I can’t stop eating vegie hotdogs and pickles…
Before that I was also stuck on crumpets with blueberry jam. I had to force myself out of my crumpet phase, it was expensive. Back on the oats train, it’s much cheaper :sweat_smile:
I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with the weird food phases!

4 Likes

If I had to pick one noodle for ever it would probably be elbows. I am a sloppy long noodle eater :joy:

2 Likes

Oh man you aren’t kidding about crumpets. I had a crumpets and peanut butter phase in my 20s. What even are those magical little rounds. They are like a doughy English muffin :joy: my husband is the one with a pickle problem though. He goes through a big jar ever week!

3 Likes

Good thread idea
I love bagels! Could always go for a bagel.

2 Likes

Ooohhh everything bagel with avocado on it. That’s never been my #1 eat it all the time good but I DO love that combo

2 Likes

Bacon is God’s greatest gift.:grin:

3 Likes

I’m a vegan but I LOVE veggie bacon. Even real bacon smells really good to me.

1 Like

I thought of another weird thing that I ate obsessively for a while. Oyster crackers. :joy: that’s was like a year long issue. I think I ate like 2 bags of those a week. If it didn’t go with oyster crackers I was not eating it.

Sometimes I think we get a hankering for something because there’s something in it that our body needs. But unless my body needed salt I can’t explain the oyster crackers. Lol

3 Likes

Anything sweet. Chocolate, Ice cream, cake, biscuits… The list goes on. Ironically, never touched the stuff pre sober days. It’s now driving me crazy. I’ve put a stone in weight on. My joints ache and I have zero energy. What is all this about ???

1 Like

Huh. I’ve been hearing that a lot around here. that people give up alcohol and crave sweets. I wonder if there’s a scientific reason behind that. Like your body is trying to replace the sugars from the alcohol or something? I might be the only person on the planet that doesn’t really like chocolate though. Lol

I was off of caffeine by accdent and now i must have some kind of gourmet coffee in my hands at all times. All summer it was frozen fruit bars lol
Who knows what the next thing will be :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I had a lime and raspberry popscicle this summer at the zoo that ruined all frozen treats for me. It was so good that everything else pales in comparison. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I am not feeling much comfort with food actually but current favorites are:

• Mums Kitchen :rofl::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
    (sometimes she is even freezing some portions of her good stuff for me!!!)
  • Spelt bread or toast, both roasted,
    with egg, avocado and tomato!
    … Like to eat that everyday
2 Likes