Comfort food

I love avocado toast. I don’t know what spelt is. I’ll have to look it up! And your moms so sweet. I love that you love her cooking.

2 Likes

Baked beans and fried egg on toast. “Fried-y egg and beans” was my lunch of choice as a child and I still love it. Baked beans are rare and expensive in Japan, so it is a real treat these days.

6 Likes

Baked beans! Now there’s something I haven’t had in YEARS! So good though. I’m hat does sound like a comfort meal

4 Likes

Wow you are living in Japan? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yup, 19 years.

3 Likes

Currently anything chocolate, esp chocolate cheesecake but I am only four days off the booze so I’m allowing it for now :joy:

3 Likes

You know I’ve never been a big chocolate person. I’m the only person I know who would rather have sour candy than chocolate. Congrats on day 4!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s how I’m feeling :joy:

2 Likes

I feel this way about fruit . I will get on a certain fruit and eat it obsessively till I get sick of it and change it up . For a while it was mangos , then apples , apricots, kiwi , now I’m eating those halo easy peal mandarin oranges like crazy . Sometimes like 5 a day . I’m not sure what fruit I will eat next. Before this last year of eating so much fruit I only really thought there was bananas or apples but there is so much more . Plus maybe it’s the sugar that makes me feel better . I also skip regular meals and realize I can’t live on fruit . I’m looking forward to tangelos being in season . And Maybe I will even try star fruit. Definitely not lacking vitamin C

2 Likes

The dusty texture :joy::joy::joy::joy: I’m dead. Hahahaha. You might be right though.

1 Like

Tomorrow I will make gnochi again :grin:
With pesto made by mum and broccoli as side dish :broccoli:

2 Likes

You recently just tried rye bread?!

It’s one of my favorites.

I like to cook a burger pattie and caramelize down some onions. Add a dumb amount of butter to a pan, toast both sides of the rye in the butter. Then add the burger and onions, close it up and squeeze that son of a bitch down in the pan. Flip a couple times while salting the sandwich and maaaayyybe add more butter.

I’m expecting my heart attack any day now. But it’s worth it.

You should probably try a Ruben too. Rye is king.

Edit - i just realized I’m replying to a old ass post.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: yep. I’m a seed bread kinda girl or French bread. Meh people have been trickling in with their favorite foods. I’m a vegan so I don’t know if a Ruben is in my future but I’m STILL obsessed with rye toast. Lol

Take some Seitan or Tempeh.

Brine it in pickling spices.

Make/buy vegan Russian dressing and sauerkraut

Sear Tempeh/Seitan

Toast Rye in margarine.

Assemble Ruben.

Devour.

2 Likes

These are easy directions I can folllow! Will do! I’ll let you know how it goes. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like