Communal Spotify Playlist

Hey guys,

It’s day 2 for me. I posted yesterday and I was so inspired by everyone’s responses that it got me thinking about things I could do straight away to help on the forum.

I don’t know if this has already been done here, but I made a Spotify playlist for motivational songs (or any songs people use to help them in their recovery)

Anyone can add to the playlist through this link :blush::

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Yda7eea3gDCHulTeN6rRv?si=UcsY7TwBQaqGCidkeznc8w&pt=9e9dafa62a725ebf56b92b2d4840b2ce

Feel free to add as many songs as you like!
Hope everyone is having an amazing day :pray:

11 Likes

Hey that’s a fantastic idea! Good luck to you today and stay strong.

When you’re done listening to music, pop on a recovery podcast!
Resources for our recovery

:dizzy:

3 Likes

Remember in 1986 when i got sober i started work had to leave at 5 in morning catch train from croftfoot to glasgow central and then the Wyms Bay train get of at Hillington and had the boss on my Walkman ( still got it lol) Born in the usa with AA tapes helped me through the first few years no internet or mobiles then

5 Likes

Thanks Faugxh! I’ll be sure to check that Podcast out :pray:

2 Likes

Oaft, That’s some trek, Ray! Amazing. I think my earliest memory of that kinda stuff was the portable CD players you used to get with the headphones :sunglasses: - I actually miss the limitations of having to keep 1 CD on. Born In The USA is a banger! I love Dancing In The Dark aswell :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Are you going to arrange and move them around or are we just going for any and all tracks :joy: I added a few but my tastes of music are all over the place

1 Like

I figured people can just put the playlist on shuffle so there’s always a new order :ok_hand: Haha don’t worry, mines too! Add anything you enjoy :blush:

1 Like

We are making a pretty versatile playlist :joy: I think I will put it on for my next long run

2 Likes

It certainly looks like it :joy: 100% Go for it!

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for having this idea and making the playlist. It was a welcome and needed distraction for me last night. It helped distract me from some cravings and I just really appreciate it

1 Like

This response just made my night, Jennifer - No problem at all! I’m really glad it helped you out so much :blush: Music has been a massive factor so far in keeping me sane :pray: Also, just seen that you added ‘Set Me Free’ by Avenged Sevenfold to the list - my favourite band of all time! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I have been much more into music since becoming sober. Exploring different sounds and even learning about artists. Avenged and I go way back :metal: My favorite band of all time is Korn. I went to a concert with them and evanescence last year. Literally, one of the best nights of my whole life.

1 Like

Seen Avenged 3 times so far and looking to see them again when they’re back in the UK - If you haven’t heard their latest album, it’s an absolute trip - ‘Cosmic’ is the best track imo :love_you_gesture: Korn are great too! Need to get back into listening to them again. That show sounds amazing, especially with Evanescence aswell :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know that I have heard the new album. I’ll take a listen to it tomorrow!
Dude, the show was the best. Amy Lee had me in tears. Her light show and just whole performance was spectacular and breathtaking. Seeing Korn has been a dream of mine since I first heard Twist as a teenager. Their light show was a bit intense for me. The strobe lights really hurt my eyes but the songs they performed made up for it.

1 Like

Great idea Chris. Thanks for sharing. :smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries! It’s probably the strangest stuff they’ve came out with but it’s really striking :eyes:

I’ll need to look up some shows of that tour on YT. I’d imagine Amy would have that effect live, her voice is really emotive :love_you_gesture: Yeah I’m not a massive fan of strobe lights either, I used to be scared of them because my Mum is epileptic so it’s like it brings me back to that fear. Korn are definitely one band I’d love to see live!

1 Like

No problem at all, Dana! I hope you’re well :blush:

Cool idea. Just added one. I will spare you my favorite songs about addiction, they’re too brutal :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks Pat! Haha I’m now completely intrigued :joy:

1 Like

Well… straight edge music, you know, punk/hardcore/metal. There is a thread about it where I mainly talk to myself :rofl:

2 Likes