Community Moderator: Applications open!

Hey everyone!

Steve and I have been talking, and we thought about opening up a spot for one more community moderator. This is completely on a voluntary basis, so please don’t nominate other people. Anyone who wants to help out with this can reply below and they’ll be added to the pool. We’ll have a vote on the forum to get the community’s input and then we’ll pick one of the volunteers.

It’s not a job or anything formal like that. You’ll simply use the forum as you normally would, except you’d help out with flagged posts and keep the forum neat and organized.

Things you’ll do:

• Help with flagged posts
  • Categorize topics
  • Merge/move/close topics
  • Stop trolls from trolling

We’re looking for someone that’s:

• Good with communication
  • Impartial and fair - it’s all about proper judgement calls
  • Responsible. With great power comes great responsibility!
  • On here regularly
  • Experienced in sobriety

You’ll get a badge next to your name and you’ll also be featured on the site’s moderator section.

8 Likes

How much experience in sobriety? A certain amount of time?

1 Like

To bad I’m too early along my journey. I would love to help. :blush:

1 Like

Well since I can’t nominate other people I will nominate myself. I don’t have much else going on lol. @CaptAZ just do it bud. They know how long we’ve been around and if it’s not long enough they will just pick some one else.

6 Likes

I’d be open to being a Mod. I like how smoothly this place is run, not a lot of needless drama. Just help and hope.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree that we might need a mod or few added. But it seems like we all just discussed the last two.

1 Like

Are you running for class president? You should.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know if you all want an old timer doing it. When we picked these two they were part of the culture it was a good thing as I reflect on it. I’m not going anywhere that I see. Because this place is special to me. And I want to watch all of you succeed.

5 Likes

I vote for you lol.

3 Likes

What does the group’s conscience say? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The inherent issue with the app is that as the length of sobriety grows, the involvement here tends to lessen. That being said, I think it is important for the mod to have a few 24’s under their belt – particularly with as squirrelly as the board has been lately.

A few thoughts – may totes not be feasible… but here they are anyway:

Perhaps make sure that the geography is varied to allow for better coverage if longer sobriety is desired:

Aussie or Asian Based Member
Eastern Euro Based Member
Western Euro Based Member
East US Based Member
West US Based Member

The BanHammer of any non-spam needs at least two mods
Suspension of more than X hours requires at least two mods

4 Likes

i know you said don’t nominate people but i just can’t help but do it.

@NewPerspective
@Gabe.G

@SassyRocks and @Chad_R are on more frequently than those two i think (not sure) but they’d also make for great moderators i’d say.

also - shout out to @Steve92 for doing a stellar job to date.

2 Likes

Wow, that was from left field. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Do we have a female moderator now? If not, it is a good idea IMHO. I am not sure I am around consistently enough or late enough in the evening to be effective.

4 Likes

yea i’m pretty way out there. i’m not on here that much so i probably shouldn’t even say shit. usually just lurkin’ around reading posts. i just listed off people i’ve seen on here for a bit that i i feel seem like level headed people. just my opinion and thought i’d throw it out there.

also - i think there’s lots of wonderful people consistently adding greatness to the forum. tons of y’all! again, just listing some names that came to mind when i thought “who’d be a good moderator?”. :smile:

1 Like

The evening is when Mr. Mischief comes out…

2 Likes

@JustL is a moderator still right? i agree. i think having both a male and female would be a good idea.

3 Likes

And Miss Behavin!

1 Like

We make a good team. You gotta admit that.

2 Likes

I was looking at my stats of whose comments I most liked and you named most of them. C-sun and Angie (miss you) being 2 others. I think Autumn might be a tad busier once babaganoush comes along…but she has some serious solid advice …and of course a super sassy side I admire.

3 Likes

yea i’d have put @C-sun but i figured having a baby makes someone pretty busy. but i’d say she’d make a good moderator as well.

3 Likes

Fascinating.

1 Like