Conglomerated List of "Things that can F*ck right off* (Part 2)

Thank you :blush:

Yes definitely keep reaching out, no need to go it alone. :sunflower:

1 Like

A two week headache can, thatā€™s for sure!:rage:

8 Likes

Having a burst of energy at 1am :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I donā€™t get angry often, but Iā€™m fuming right now :rage: Like, racing heart, flushed face, pacing my house mad. Fasten your seat belts, itā€™s story time.

So, 2 years ago I get a call from my car insurance agency. Theyā€™re asking me all these weird questions about an accident I was in, who was pressing charges, court dates, and if I had a lawyer yet. I had no idea what they were talking about. I was still drinking and started second guessing myself, scared that it was possible. I was drinking to blackout every now and then, and I would drive to get more drinks sometimes and not remember the drive the next day. So I was thinking maybe a camera caught me in a hit and run :woman_shrugging: Except, nothing was wrong with my car, and I live no where near the scene. I was on the phone half the day arguing it wasnā€™t me and then we finally figured out it was someone in my area, with my name, who had my insurance, but not my birthday! Not me :tada: Happy that it was resolved and they even sent me a letter confirming this mistake. Havenā€™t really thought much about it since.

Fast forward to right now. My 6 month auto policy is due tomorrow, which is already irritating that itā€™s always the day before my daughterā€™s birthday. I was checking how much it was to make sure I had enough credit, and transfer a payment if not. It shouldā€™ve been under $1,000, but it was $1,500! So Iā€™m navigating their site to figure out why this was and something told me to check my claims. The only accident that shouldā€™ve been there was when I hit a deer in 2020, but sure enough there was one from 2022ā€¦ā€˜hitting stationary objectā€™. Not me! Got on the phone with my agency and apparently they have nothing to do with claims, some other agency does all that. What?! I have to contact them and dispute this, even tho it was their fuck up! Iā€™m still being charged the amount that someone else should be paying and wonā€™t be reimbursed until itā€™s settled. Why the fuck is this MY problem?! Oh, and their office is closed right now!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: #$%@^&$^#&#?

18 Likes

Oh no, thatā€™s stressful!
If they are closed now, try to switch off from it all for a bit. Because you will be dealing with it over next few days so if was me Iv learnt/learning to stop when something Iā€™m doing becomes overwhelming and frustrating and stop. Iā€™d Look at it like work. Iā€™d set times to deal with the situation then when that times up I stop.
Still working progress me learning this new behaviour.

But yh thatā€™s a bad mistake on their end.
My energy company had some totally different date of birth for me the whole time Iā€™d lived here. And because I didnā€™t know what the date of birth they had as it wasnā€™t mine it was a long progress forward for security reasons.
If we hadnā€™t moved temporarily for the building works id never have known.

Hope it gets sorted quickly. The one thing to make sure of is that your insured still, even though they have a mistake on the system.

:people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: I honestly felt better by the time I finished writing that. I just had that momentary ā€œI need to vent to someone, anyone, about this right now!ā€ I almost called my parents just to tell the story :joy: Iā€™ve never been one to hold onto anger for very long. As soon as I realized how debilitating it is, I learned to let go rather than stew in it. Look for the bright side. Which is, eventually Iā€™m going to be refunded a great deal of money. Just sucks losing that extra $500 right now. Iā€™m paying about $500 for my daughters birthday party Monday. I lost a paycheck this month being sick. Unemployment didnā€™t give me my last payment for some reason. Still havenā€™t seen any child support. I blew through my tax return on debts from last year, which were caused by debts from the year before. This will put me back on shaky ground for a while. Money can FRO! I hate that we need it to survive. And that we just keep needing more and more :tired_face:

9 Likes

:people_hugging::orange_heart: Better days ahead, friend! It will get sorted. It will take a frustrating ton of patience and too fucking long, but it will. Insurance and claim fuck ups can FRO, yep.
But you? You came here and vented your sober ass off and that makes you amazing. As does hosting a bday party for your kiddo AND single-working-momming it!
Proud to be on your side and proud of you! :muscle::wink:

5 Likes

Awe :people_hugging: It felt like I needed to read that. Thanks Emm :smiling_face: Iā€™m so grateful for you and this supportive community :heart:

3 Likes

Oh back atā€™cha!
Iā€™m having a day where most of my interactions with humans (IRL, on the phone, in work zoom mtgs - basically everyone except TS peeps) have been a little spicy. Crank it up one or two more :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: and it can all FRO!
Time for a little :sleeping_bed: :sleeping: and tomorrow will be :rainbow: :unicorn:, right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is maybe the new anthem of this thread :wink::

Stay strong friends!

5 Likes

I have the same with ppl using LOL all the time, sometimes in totally random situations. Thatā€™s pissing me off, lol.

4 Likes

Sleep well :blush: here itā€™s already tomorrow and up to now the day is fine. Sending :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower: to you!

1 Like

Getting a histamine reaction from all kinds of kindsā€¦ I know this usually spikes shortly before my period. But right now it really is a total pain as I get them from stuff I normally tolerate well like coffee or tomatoes. At this point I donā€™t know if all my symptoms are hormones, histamine or whatnot. Doesnā€™t make my trip easier :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Love it!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

1 Like

Flu & coughs can FRO

5 Likes

Turkeys that dig in my garden beds can FRO! :laughing:

8 Likes

Damn dinosaur birds! :turkey:

5 Likes

Oh yeh to all those 50ber, but please explain getting your leg kick checked by a knee, is this just a random knee that happened to be passing? Asking for a friendā€¦

4 Likes

This database software at work called Elasticsearch can FRO!!! It made me have to do this complex upgrade where I had to like fuckin upgrade from v7.16.3 to v7.17.19 before I could upgrade it to v8.13.0!!! Then, I had to like extract all these random ass ā€œ.nfs00645343fce32ā€ files from the Elasticsearch PersistentVolumeClaims cuz otherwise Elasticsearch was crashing on startup!

I gotta do this upgrade in my teamā€™s staging, preprod and prod environments as well, and I gotta do it in such a way that I avoid corrupting/deleting all the database entries while also not fucking up prod, since my team is a big part of my corporationā€™s auto-remediation and automation and visibility for datacenter issues.

After that, I gotta go through like 30 different microservices and upgrade all the Elasticsearch client usages to v8.13.0

I couldnā€™t really work on it today cuz all these people on my team and an external team needed my help with their tasks, but itā€™s all good. Keeps me employed! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Tell your friend, the knee happened to move in to the exact spot my kick was aiming for. It left a bruise and I was limping for a bit. Must not telegraph kicks when sparring :laughing:

3 Likes