Continued, What stories is your mind telling you today

carrying on from my nightly journal and crazy mind games. What’s your head talking to you about today.

7 Likes

Painful past memory’s that make me feel sad☹️can’t seem to shift them

8 Likes

I was thinking earlier, which may’ve been why sadness snuck up on me; my Mom was only about 5 years sober when my brother went missing. She never picked up. I think of that sometimes when I think a crap day is worth a drink.
He’s been missing since 1981.

17 Likes

I maybe catched some feeling for a girl. But sobriety will always be a higher priority. A relationship can be a risk to that and I’m glad my emotions for her don’t distract me from recovery. I can only love if I’m sober. I’m on day 4 so I’m not trusting my emotions that much. A relationship may make everything a lot harder than it needs to be

11 Likes

Amen to that.

4 Likes

Paul, lol… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I went to a CA meeting and the shares are still in my mind. I lie in bed now worrying about what I did and did not do well in my life.

1 Like

And now think about what your going to start doing well… It begins now!!

2 Likes

I’d really suggest u don’t even think about relationships at the moment. Find you and fall in love with yourself then when the time is right u will meet the right person. Take a year out for you . It will be the best relationship your ever have x

8 Likes

for once my mind is making some sense. it’s telling me that I should enjoy today no matter what happens.

2 Likes

when is a good time to stop sitting on an app sucking up problems that aren’t mine. remember your thoughts are not what defines you, the action you take right now is what will finally take you to where you want to be, it’s midnight and I fancy spaghetti bolognaise. should I go to work tommorow and why am I too lazy to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. jelly is red. And thoughts are pointless.

1 Like

Wondering if my body ever is going to go back to normalcy with all the trauma. Learning patience can be a regulated emotion. I am excited for my puppy coming in May/June.

That’s all.

3 Likes

My mind is telling me that even the times where other people or certain situations that I would Normally get wasted happen as much as it does cross my mind it doesn’t stay there as long. As I go to bed tonight life is good.

2 Likes

Feeling a bit pitty but i did good today. I didnt pick up over bumps in the road

On day 2 sober

1 Like

yes you did, In fact you did great.

1 Like

Nothing has any authority over my mind without my permission… :100:

1 Like

oh Alf you spoil sport, you normally spill the beans, let us have it. :joy:

1 Like

My mind is telling me to get up off my lazy butt and go Secretary the big book study tonight at my local AA meeting. Being of service and staying humble. :hugs:

1 Like

Step it down to two for an even set on that… Certainly not… :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Luckily my mind is telling me I can do anything I dedicate myself to. It’s been a pretty good day.

1 Like