Coronavirus escalating

Things are now changing by the hour. Spain & Ireland shutting all schools & college’s from tomorrow.
If people stopped eating vermin, things like this & Ibola won’t happen!! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is not how these epidemics work.

11 Likes

It’s been proven to be from bats.

Coronavirus may be deadly to only a select portion of the population, but it is widespread and is growing rapidly. The issue with it is not that you will die from it, but that it will shut down resources. Whole cities/countries go into lockdown and suddenly their resources begin to dwindle.

The issue is not really the virus itself, but the effect it has on the economy.

13 Likes

1 Like

BTW, I haven’t got a Facebook acc etc…
I just listen to experts when I hear them talking about it. Look it up…

Here is an article from Scientic American that I found informative and interesting to read. Interesting how local populations may have antibodies but that the danger is that the more we become interconnected, the more these diseases can spread beyond that local population.

4 Likes

Of course Wikipedia’s the source you list…:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Coronavirus is of course a coronavirus, but there are also a lot of different kinds of coronaviruses. This one happens to be widespread and dangerous. And there’s no resources out there saying that it came from guano. There are likely a ton of things that contain viruses just like this one. Dont jump to the first conclusion you find.

7 Likes

Show me a report that says this strain hasn’t come from bats.

(Or other vermin)

So bats can carry the virus. And so can humans. One of those is spreading the infection among humans a lot more.

Now, to origin: The very Wikipedia article you posted a screenshot of mentions debate among scientists around the validity of the technique and findings that suggested bats as the origin. Whether it is accurate or not, that is not the same as it being “proven” it’s from bats.

5 Likes

Currently, they are sourcing it back to Wuhan china. The open market there sells live and dead fish and birds. They dont sell bats. While it is possible that a bat could have infected a chicken, there’s no direct connection to people eating vermin as being the cause of infection.

4 Likes

We are all going to die!!!

6 Likes

I heard it was from eating raw snake :woman_shrugging: source: office goss

2 Likes

If it came from bats or Dracula himself, does it matter? If you get it, will you be sitting there thinking about how you can irradicate the bats? No, you will be concerned with your survival. So regardless of where it came from, we have a pandemic on our hands that we need to be concerned with. Instead of spreading the arguable root of the pandemic, which is of no use to people at this stage, try spreading how we can prevent the virus from spreading further.

5 Likes

It’s natural for people to want to put the blame somewhere, but I don’t see it as helpful. There is already a big problem with Chinese people and others of visible Asian descent facing a surge of racism and stigma fueled by people’s coronavirus fear.

What can we do now to accept the situation and how can we do our part moving forward?

12 Likes

3rstbw

3 Likes

To bring it back to relevance, I am worried about my aging parents’ health and stress and anxiety are my biggest sobriety triggers right now.

7 Likes

1 Like

Agreed.

“I read it in one place, so it must be true!”
Seems to be the typical way many people ingest information as fact. It’s lazy and a byproduct of the times we live in. To a lesser extreme, it’s the same reason why people get sucked into fad diets and that sort of shit, for example. They just trust without verifying.

Unless that one place you’re reading is the CDC or another reputable source, then do your damn homework.

8 Likes