Coronavirus Zombie Apocalypse

No, but the name of the topic made me laugh and immediately had to think of this

On-topic: The only thing I can do to protect myself against Corona virus is good personal hygiene and wash my hands more than I usually do (20 seconds).

Disinfection gel is sold out everywhere, maybe industrial degreaser from work will help :yum:

1 Like

[Removed by @System]

3 Likes

This is the second carrot post I’ve noticed from you… what’s their significance or secret super power? :thinking:

3 Likes

I keep reading here only sick/elderly etc die. I thought many healthy folks were dying too? Including the young healthy doctor who warned about the virus?

2 Likes

But too many and I’ll get carotenemia and look like Trump :carrot:

3 Likes

Well carotenemia isn’t fake news… I’ve had patients who had it. I could use some colour though so maybe I’ll give it a go :joy:

1 Like

If I can survive years out out of control drinking and IV drug use I’m not too worried about an overblown cold

7 Likes

Try to remember that the majority of cases result in very mild cases. Sore throat and dry cough. Very few get serious infection or death.

I totally get being nervous because this new but more than the virus I’m worried about daily life disruptions. I’m going on a cruise for March Break and yes, there is a risk of outbreak I’m really more worried about getting quarantined for 14 days.

3 Likes

Thank you all for sharing your different perspectives, as well as the humor. Such is the shared human experience. Have a wonderful zombie-free weekend! Brains… brains… :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m not worried, what will be will be. If that’s what takes me out, well, had a good run!

And honestly, if you were to get it, now would be the time while you would have the full attention of the medical community. :wink:

Ebola scares me. Corona scares me. The Coronavirus I don’t care so much.

2 Likes

I don’t get the flu shot so I’m really living on the edge. :woman_shrugging: y’all will be fine just do what normal people do and wash your hands for gods sake

3 Likes

You are soooo level headed pal

1 Like

Wellllll, it is a coincidence that he died from the virus. Some call him the “whistleblower”.
He made China look bad, and he died :thinking:

3 Likes

Hope it passes over as easily as the majority thinks that it will… :airplane: That would be gravy… :raised_hands: Dr Lee :broken_heart: looked pretty healthy to me until he died though… 🤷 One alert from WHO about that I started restocking… But I suffer from paranoia and may have unrealistic fears at time’s… :100: Therefore I’m gonna proceed with precaution as usual, nothing more a person can do really… I’ll be avoiding seafood and bats (except for the one’s on here, they’re cool :joy::100:) as well as the public when I can (personal preference) until more information is available and more so than that, time proves we’re in the clear… A vaccine will take time to build and time to be approved by the FDA (some folks have to die first)… I have trust issues… :joy::100: That Swine Flu that hit about this time of year right when the weather warmed up hurt like Hell!!! I was traveling for work to a seminar in higher elevation… Had to hold my head just back to breathe… Had the shot, the strain wasn’t covered… It helps to know the family I guess 🤷 if you want to understand where things come from and what they turn into… This is the Flu I had that year… :neutral_face:

This is a little bit different… Not Flu from what I’m understanding but a respiratory bug of a new breed… 🤷 :desert_island: :rooster: But I ain’t gonna be able to fear sickness or evil… :biohazard::droplet::open_hands::mask:

Added… I also would NOT recommend Stephen Kings The Stand and popcorn right now… That would be a big Hell to the no… :joy::no_entry_sign::100:

4 Likes

One of my go to tenets of sobriety apply. What can I control versus what I can’t?

I can’t control what happens on a grand scale. Only pray it’s dealt with well and someone smarter than me creates a vaccine or contains it.

I can control my part. Wash my hands. For the love of Lue, stay home if I get sick to not pass it to the next guy. Follow guidance of authorities doing their part.

And meanwhile go about my life, already in progress!

11 Likes

I don’t entertain “what if” rabbit holes because when I do, I start to get triggered. The news media is profit driven. Reporting news in a way that pushes emotional buttons increases ratings, higher ratings increases ad revenue, ad revenue increases profits. I only read the news from outlets who don’t sensationalize, like PBS.

Here are some facts. The coronavirus has a lower death rate than the flu. It has a lower death rate than the last pandemic, the Spanish Flu in 1918. We are so far from a pandemic, but the media needs to make ad revenue. Wash hands often, don’t touch eyes, ears, or nose, will all lower the risk of catching any virus.

With potentially triggering news, I look up facts and repeat them to myself every time I start going down rabbit holes, then I breathe.

11 Likes

Overblown media sensation. Trying to use scare tactics to increase ad revenues. One thing is for sure, someone is making a killing off the caronavirus.

7 Likes

I heard carrots can provide immunity. I think the Coalition of Carrot Growers is behind this.

4 Likes

Fun Fact- 40% of Americans literally think Corona the beer from Mexico is directly related to the “Corona” virus…haha

6 Likes