Coronavirus Zombie Apocalypse

One of my go to tenets of sobriety apply. What can I control versus what I can’t?

I can’t control what happens on a grand scale. Only pray it’s dealt with well and someone smarter than me creates a vaccine or contains it.

I can control my part. Wash my hands. For the love of Lue, stay home if I get sick to not pass it to the next guy. Follow guidance of authorities doing their part.

And meanwhile go about my life, already in progress!

11 Likes

I don’t entertain “what if” rabbit holes because when I do, I start to get triggered. The news media is profit driven. Reporting news in a way that pushes emotional buttons increases ratings, higher ratings increases ad revenue, ad revenue increases profits. I only read the news from outlets who don’t sensationalize, like PBS.

Here are some facts. The coronavirus has a lower death rate than the flu. It has a lower death rate than the last pandemic, the Spanish Flu in 1918. We are so far from a pandemic, but the media needs to make ad revenue. Wash hands often, don’t touch eyes, ears, or nose, will all lower the risk of catching any virus.

With potentially triggering news, I look up facts and repeat them to myself every time I start going down rabbit holes, then I breathe.

11 Likes

Overblown media sensation. Trying to use scare tactics to increase ad revenues. One thing is for sure, someone is making a killing off the caronavirus.

7 Likes

I heard carrots can provide immunity. I think the Coalition of Carrot Growers is behind this.

4 Likes

Fun Fact- 40% of Americans literally think Corona the beer from Mexico is directly related to the “Corona” virus…haha

6 Likes

Good hand hygiene/washing will always be one of the best ways to protect yourself and stop the spread of many illnesses. Back to the basics!

2 Likes

Haha, I was trying to figure out if you were serious. I think you are?

2 Likes

I haven’t had a flu shot in about 25 years, had the flu once in that time.

I work with the public, I’m not too concerned with the coronavirus, but the news media sure does like to cover it like flies on shit.

Let’s keep the politics out of this and stick to good old fashioned mass hysteria.

6 Likes

It’s all a hoax. Just like climate change and putting a man on the moon.

3 Likes

I hope you’re joking.

I just don’t care for all the hysteria. I put my thoughts into things that I can affect in my daily life.

Coronavirus, global warming, or the war in the middle east is no reason to drink or drug.

4 Likes

Hell no I’m not joking. It’s all a conspiracy orchastrated by the deep state government run by lizard people.

5 Likes

Lol. A hoax, like man made climate change. Don’t forget :wink:

4 Likes

I was totally serious pal

1 Like

Alright. Darwinism will sort things out.

Evolution is also a hoax

1 Like

I figured. Been sleeping like shit and having extremely long days at work, so my brain is all scattered and my trust in my judgement is sketchy.

Thanks, Gabe. I’ve actually learned a bit about being level headed from you. When I first came here I was amazed by the way you genuinely looked at things. I knew I was the same way, just wasn’t sure I could find my way to having the patience for it. And now we’ve come full circle, in some way. The not so master telling the not quite apprentice that they done good. :laughing:

1 Like

@Gabe.G is also a hoax. Clearly a lizard person.

2 Likes

This whole thread is fake news

2 Likes

He’s totally full of shit. Meet Derek.

3 Likes