Coronavirus Zombie Apocalypse

I have never seen an episode of The Walking Dead!

I am in the Omaha Metro, where they intentionally bring those infected or potentially infected with SARS, Ebola, Coronavirus. A lot of people are freaking out. I, on the other hand, have the distinct pleasure of knowing one of the gentlemen who designed the containment unit at UNMC. I am not worried.

I am in and out of grocery stores all day, using shopping carts, I wash my hands A LOT! Every available virus lives on those things!

Scrub-a-dub!

2 Likes

Clearly 19-919

1 Like

Ever see those videos of reporters out in storms, faking how hard the wind is blowing? They lean into it like if the don’t, they’ll be blown away. Then some bystander normally walks by, or better, rides through on a bike, into the “wind”.

6 Likes

LOL. Yes!! :joy:
I stopped watching the weather on TV after I found myself panicking and stocking up on supplies … when the ‘event’ was 5 States away… :flushed::grimacing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s messing with you. Just roll your eyes and laugh at him. That’s what the rest of us do. :rofl:

3 Likes

Gah. I’m getting triggered. Must…not…engage!!!

4 Likes

My point is, I no longer trust the mainstream media…any if it. Right/Left, doesn’t matter. It’s a business that markets in fear and division. Where you and I live, it’s especially politicized and sensationalized.

What has been the net? Half the people don’t want to live in the country with the other half. Maybe it’s cultural, or political, or economic, gender, or which sports team you like, or whether you drive gas or electric, or whether you eat meat or don’t. We can’t let our kids out to play, because some heinous crime or accident happened to a kid in Alabama or California and some talking head tells us it will happen to our kids too.

Last night I took my 13yo daughter to meet some of her friends at a skating rink. Now it’s cross town, and was 30 degrees, so yes, I drove her. I sat there with a hundred other parents, as they stared into their phones, while their kids played. That’s what we do. On the way home, my daughter said she’d gladly give up all the tech and stuff, the suburban life, if she could have a childhood like I had. She says “You had freedom. You weren’t told to be scared all the time. You had a huge group of friends. You went places and did things with them. You had a paper route and an after school job. You learned how to take care of yourself.”

But rest easy…because News 7 is “on your side”.

Hardly.

But at least I’m sober. Sober is better.

13 Likes

Something is fishy here… I think he’s an undercover agent for the WCO… Worldwide Carrot Organization. They’ve been flooding my mailbox with flyers recently. It all makes sense now… THIS VIRUS WAS A PLOT TO GET US TO EAT CARROTS!!!

3 Likes

I thought the reptiles were conservative? Darn fake news again.

1 Like

tenor-5

What I do.

3 Likes

1 Like

I could go on all day about this. As a homeschool mom, I see a ton of helicopter parenting. I also see the polar opposite - but it’s the helicopters that bug me. At least the kid who is eating dirt and going face first down the slide will learn that dirt doesn’t taste good and it hurts when you fall on your face.

I run as fear-free a home as I can. We do what we can – what is within our span of control. We take precautions, don’t lick people, or stand in the path of their spew. Oh, and again, wash hands, wash hands, wash hands…and don’t touch your face!

6 Likes

I definitely agree with letting kids eat dirt, play on slides, learn consequences. But situation can very. A bystander might think I’m helicoptering by saying “don’t touch that! Don’t put it in your mouth!” As my father in law would tell me, let him eat it. Well it’s a different situation when we’re on FIL’s farm property and toddler trying to put a pile of seeds freshly coated in pesticides/herbicides that are spilled on the ground. Or the Round Up that’s spilled in a puddle. Things we know are toxic. Or rusty sharp things left out. So yes, I followed my toddler around in that situation. So it might have looked like helicoptering to the plain eye but there can be more to it for sure. A park, or playground, however, play away! Eat that dirt lol :blush:

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t consider that helicoptering. Farms can be dangerous! We’ve lost two chickens to pecking at pesticides…

I am talking about the at-the-park parent who doesn’t want Little Jimmy to get wet or dirty because she didn’t bring a change of clothes. 10-year old Little Jimmy…

2 Likes

As @C_8 says I’d be more worried about the idiots running to the shops and buying up everything.
That’s what is going to start wide panic then social unrest.
People can’t get their daily staples then they are going to start fighting over what is available.
If we all go about our days as normal, following a strict hygiene regime. Everything will be ok.
And maybe not travel.
If everyone stayed at home instead of traveling around the world.

5 Likes

Yeah people here are buying up all the masks. The hardware store mask section shelves are empty. And it’s not like we’re in a high risk area.

2 Likes

I answered the original post and then looked back a bit.
I need to read all this thread. I’ve missed so much…carrots??
:thinking::joy::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

giphy-27

5 Likes

5 Likes

And look what Amazon just delivered

7 Likes