Cover challenge. Bring it on!

Always performed my take on the subject. May be cooking, baking, gardening, ironing…
Sometimes the originals can not be covered. Let’s get our facts lined up.

This could be which lavender or a song you may like. Here is what speaks to me at the moment.

5 Likes

I discovered this cover song done by Peter Gabriel. Love it.

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel always reminds me of my college years. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Nice one Jane! Didn’t hear it before. Love discovering new music. There is always more.

2 Likes

This is for John Prine, one of my all time favorite musicians, who recently passed away from Covid-19. RIP John. You are loved. I will miss your funny stories and awesome songs.

I think Norah Jones cover is fantastic.

3 Likes

Bizzare as it my seem I think this is the best version of this song…

:guitar:

3 Likes

A personal favorite.

2 Likes
3 Likes

My dad loved Simon and Garfunkel. When this cover came out, he liked it too, even at 77 y.o. :hugs:
I always think of him when I hear it. He died about six months ago :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Absolutely love it. On my playlist now.

Oh, do I love me some Sam Cooke and I love classics. Such a great song and cover. On my cover playlist now. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Definitely one of those cover that is better than the original. Goosebumps!

1 Like

Never been a Chapman fan but I do like this song. I guess I don’t like her voice. This is refreshing. Thank you for adding another song to my library.

2 Likes

First of all I am sorry about your loss. I know how much that hurts. My condolences.

I spent my college years listening to Simon & Garfunkel non-stop. I love this song but man do I love this cover. I shared it in different threads and listen to it often. Fantastic cover! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Like the morrisons cover, saw him in the 80s at Glastonbury I just about remember…
How about the Creedence cover of this…

3 Likes

Did you say CCR? Stop there. Love them so much, can’t find a word to describe it. Fabulous cover. Thank you for spreading CCR love!

1 Like

This is the only song I know by her, but I have listened to this cover more times than I have the original. Lol!

You must be young. When her first album came out I was in college. It was playing everywhere. She is a unique musician. Just not my type of music I guess. But there are always gems we can find like you did.

1 Like
1 Like

Great one! Love the acoustics.