Crabby McCrabberton here

I’m one week sober! Yay! But I’m SO CRANKY. Please tell me this is temporary and not my actual personality. Serious question.

9 Likes

Nah, this is the new normal. Just kidding.

Yeah, It’s temporary. For the next 3 to 6 weeks you’re gonna go on one helluva ride. Emotions, sweating, anxiety, depression, anger, confusion. sweating, sleep (what’s that?!), dreams, sweating, lethargy, tired, wired, did I mention sweating?

Detoxing sucks, withdrawals suck, but as hard as it is, it’s 100x better than being a drunk.

Take it easy for the next few weeks and it’ll be over before you know it!

4 Likes

It happens! In the beginning I wanted to throat punch everyone!

5 Likes

No yeah. That’s you without the alk. Get used to it.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Give yourself some time and patience buddy. It’s ok be cranky as long as you’re sober. It’ll pass.

Keep strong! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hey, nice job on 7 days in a row!

Yes, the physical, mental, and emotional distress will be temporary. Make sure you treat it, though, it’s lots easier than riding it out. I needed extra sugar and regular meals to get through the first bit. So many of my daily calories had come from drinking, and the quick energy rush was something I had adapted to, something my body came to expect as normal.

Maybe check out a couple of threads about how to grow your sobriety:

4 Likes

Congrats on your first week. Which I would say is the hardest.
I was cranky, angry, pissed off at the world, and I felt a bit lost because I thought I had lost a friend. You’re definitely normal.
And then the feelings hit me and the crying took over. It’s all a process.
It always gets better. Not necessarily easier. But it does get better.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Congrats on 1 week!! That’s awesome. Like the others have said, it’s temporary so don’t sweat it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Reminds me of a quote from Greg Lemond, American cyclist and winner of the Tour De France in '86, '89, and '90.

It never gets easier, you just get faster.

3 Likes

I’d say it gets better but it’s probably just you! Lol!

Only joking, I have been feeling really crabby, yet my kids are asking their mum if I’m ok because I’m not grumpy, so I either was really grumpy or the drink made me think I was nice when I wasn’t!

I’m at the same stage as you this time around but I can tell you from my previous failed attempts it gets better and you will soon reap the rewards!

Keep smashing it!

Kind regards

Grumplestiltskin

2 Likes

Hard relate - early on had a moment in Specsavers where I thought I was either going to cry in frustration or tell the advisor to do one. Over frames.
Pleased to say temporary.
Super congratulations on one week.

1 Like