Crappy Posters

I went back and read and realized I had misunderstood your post, lol!

1 Like

Lol! No worries, I wasnt cursing your name or anything.:joy:

Lol! That would be funny. Curse you, stupid woman online! I wish upon you a thousand deaths, each one more vicious than the last! Hahs

2 Likes

I’d be all voodoo doll on username L3AH!

Yes. My sister almost died of anorexia. It was horrible to watch… I’m basically traumatized. She went from 120 lbs down to 63- her organs started to shut down and she grew fuzz all over her body like a fetus in the womb to keep warm. She was hospitalized in a city 5 hours away, and committed against her will since she was a minor. I am so grateful that she beat it, but she still struggles with body image and issues around food/ excessive exercise.

4 Likes

That is really intense, I’m happy for all of you she is better. Wow…

Me too. She’s actually a family doctor now, did a complete 360. She’s actually even getting to the point where she can share her story with patients who come in struggling with eating disorders. We were lucky she was a minor, if she wasn’t the end game likely would have been a different story. As we all no, it’s pretty hard to treat someone who doesn’t want to get better :disappointed:

6 Likes

That’s incredible! That’s so touching.

And yes the fact that she was a minor really changed the ending to that chapter in her life.

1 Like

As I was just reading this thread I had that same thought. Food addictions are very difficult because you can’t abstain from eating and live through it long.

2 Likes

I was anorexic in my 20s and hospitalized for mental health related problems. So glad those days are over.

1 Like

It’s a terrible disorder, it really is. Unfortunately a lot of the “in patient” programs for teens put a bunch of girls with eating disorders all together and expect them to get better. For my sister, it became a challenge as to who could be the best anorexic- she literally had the amount of cals she was getting from her Ng tube calculated per hour- and made sure she was working them all off in the bathroom when no one was watching. It’s actually the only thing that I’ve ever seen my dad cry over- anorexia, then bulimia, then treatment, then anorexia again but with cutting. One day something inside of her just flipped like a switch, and she got better- thank goodness. I am so glad you are better too, at least from the ED

1 Like

Yes, I exercised like a crazy person…because I was! They put me on some very strong drugs and I was able to sleep. Then I woke up one day and my head was clear and I started eating again. I learned you cannot survive on a pot of coffee and three cookies a day.

1 Like

That’s amazing. I’m glad she was able to access reputable care. My sister’s was induced by competitive gymnastics…

1 Like

In the same spirit as your negative post, try this one " Lachlan you have the rest of your life to be an asshole…take today off " What do you think?

2 Likes

One of my fav’s:

“The last thing the world needs is another selfish asshole, and yet, here you are.”

1 Like

Yep. My sister actually lost her menstrual cycle for years. It just came back and she’s 31, and she doesn’t think she can have kids.

1 Like

Awe, that’s awesome!! It’s been quite sometime since we have really talked about it too. It still seems surreal that she could have died; I am so happy she fought for herself in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sobriety is a matter of Life or Death