Craziest Drunk purchase from Amazon or Online

One night I was talking dad through Ebay over the phone. I woke to an email saying my $170 offer for a Peter Pan sewing machine was accepted.
Coincidentally a friend had paid $170 for the wrong size shower screen and he happened to collect sewing machines so we swapped.

4 Likes

OMG this made me laugh out loud on the bus

3 Likes

I bought a huge package of like 40-50 different bottles of nail polish with a clear plastic tiered stand, like for at a store. I like painting my nails and all but I probably already had 20+ bottles in my possession? I guess it’s cool they came with the stand though because I’d been keeping them in a batman head Halloween candy bucket.

8 Likes

This thread really delivers!

In all seriousness, the money saving feature of this app is fantastic. I put in a very conservative estimate of just the cost of alcohol, but our takeouts from food delivery were much more often and abundant than they are now. Grateful!

8 Likes

Now that one made me laugh outloud this morning. Thank you for the laugh. I always did texting to people when drunk.

3 Likes

Not me…but i had a friend who purchased about 1500 dollars worth of spear fishing equipment. He had never been spear fishing before and we have no idea where the idea came from. Long story short he went spearfishing twice, caught nothing, and then sold it :joy:

5 Likes

I think this was one of the best reads for how it made us all laugh. Thank you for that.
I did buy a hallway table while drunk once but i kept drinking tequila and putting it on my tooth because i had a bad tooth ache.
But what i hated the most was drunk texts or drunk calls at night and having to do damage control in yhe morning.
Thanks for the laughs everyone.

5 Likes

I came home with a big bag of sex toys one night. Horrendous

5 Likes

Made me laugh. Did you send them back? :rofl:

2 Likes

Ahh, the multiple drunk purchases! When I drank, I often bought more than 1, not that it was ever needed.

I have dog/cat bowls that were fine. Yet one drunk evening I saw these cute metal ones in different colors and sizes. Long story short, I now have 14 bowls. 7 Cat, 7 Dog. My cat does better eating off small plates, so she doesn’t even use hers.

My drunk mind obviously was thinking everyday of the week, forgetting I have a dishwasher I run at least 3x a week.

6 Likes

I dont have 7 plates let alone dog bowls :rofl:

5 Likes

So many laughs from this thread! Not so much purchases for me but wake up to find I’d watched an entire movie with no memory, or sang the entire track list from Richard Marx’s ‘Rush Street’ album or the Evita movie soundtrack, my two go-tos :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ve had to rewatch many TV series sober. My favorite was when Netflix suggested a new movie or series because they said I watched something … And my thought was usually, when the hell did I watch that??

6 Likes

:joy: I relate to this 100% !!!

3 Likes

Not Amazon, but I got a non-payment notification from eBay about a second world war hand-operated air raid siren. Couldn’t remember anything about it. I just dread to think of the havoc that would’ve caused if I actually managed to pay for it.

6 Likes

I had this delivered once. No idea that I’d bought it until i got the delivery notification.

I used to sit and watch VIKINGS whilst getting plastered on my own for hours/days (sad i know…) so i think it was off the back of that, seeing all the fires and wanting to recreate it :woman_shrugging:

Worst was just the sheer amount i would spend during a binge episode. I didnt even have much money at the time so we’re talking borrowing money or extending overdrafts etc, then blowing it all on booze and takeaways then having to figure out how i was gonna pay it back. Urgh. So glad im out of that now.

9 Likes

ouch, this is hillarious, I laughed so loud that the cats left me :rofl:

5 Likes

Thats historical. Do you remember purchasing them?

2 Likes

I love this thread. The only thing i ever brought drunk was a curling iron like the one i had in college. It’s still in the original packaging. But i have had many times when i had to rewatch Netflix or Hulu because I was so drunk I couldn’t remember what i saw.
So very sad.
Glad thats over.
Hugs

8 Likes

I really don’t. Thankfully all sealed and new and I resold on eBay. Mostly because the bank records indicated was £80. No idea what I was thinking. I don’t think they were even designed for men

2 Likes