Curling in the squat rack šŸ‹ļø

Yup!!! Andā€¦ā€¦ his is being t for me! Iā€™m just waiting for the plank challenge to end. On top of my regular workouts, holding planks for 4-5 minutes has been challenging.

2 Likes

So, getting my calories in has been truly challenging. I donā€™t eat during the day when Iā€™m at the office. Well, solids anyway. I get 800-900 calories in of my protein, fiber, vitamin stuff. So as soon as I get home I eat. Then Iā€™m supposed to eat after working out which is at night. Thatā€™s the really hard part. Iā€™m still getting kinda nauseous with solids and my meds make me nauseous too. The calories arenā€™t bad, just not as high as I need them to be. Plus I can be lazy. I donā€™t cook. I can solve all my problems with my weight gainer, but god forbid. I have to mix it. Why am I like this??? :joy: So maybe on Sundayā€™s Iā€™ll make a shit ton that I can just drink as needed. Ok, looking back now to type the below itā€™s not bad. My goal is 1,685 on workout days :grin:

Sunday 1,376
Monday 1,680
Tuesday 1,696
Wednesday 1,341

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Iā€™m off to a late start today. Just about to get my relaxing morning workout in. And today I WILL eat during the day because I have a lunch appointment.

Life hacks folks. I always get the same thing:

Caesar salad, no dressing, no croutons (Iā€™m allergic to wheat, corn, barley, and rye :pensive:)
And then I get rare salmon on top. Whatā€™s the hack you ask??? I get a whole ass piece of salmon for $6 - $8 instead of $25. Youā€™re welcome :joy:

3 Likes

In all honestyā€¦ I hated it. :laughing: It was interesting for sure, but this was a subject I would have been happier just learning the the theory to apply to other people.

You know, I get it too. Iā€™ve always had such a terrible complex with my weight, and have definitely had my own struggles in those areas. When you structure your life around what you will/wonā€™t eat, when, how much, etc., all so you wonā€™t gain weight, and then youā€™re told you have to do the opposite to get where you want to go. Yeahā€¦ poor kid.

Ha! People just be hatinā€™. It is hard to recomp. And I think success with it can come down to a personā€™s genetics as well as long term hard work, but I absolutely think itā€™s doable. In the end, what is really happening, in my view, is that your body is doing super micro cycles of fat loss and muscle gain. But the cycles are so micro, that it appears to happen together.

100% agree itā€™s a lifestyle. And, I mean, so is sobriety. At first it can be really hard, but when youā€™ve done it for years, itā€™s just life. Same with recomp, in my mind. Thatā€™s why when people want to lose weight and keep it off, they need to not look at a candy bar and tell themselves they canā€™t have it, but get to the physchological point where their eyes mostly slide over it because itā€™s simply not part of what they generally eat.

This is one of mine as well! I threw the photos down in the cat people thread and tagged you because I wasnā€™t sure if you wanted them put in this thread. That was like a week ago though. Itā€™s been a little crazy here.

Where my cat people? - #1337 by Chiron the cat pics

2 Likes

Well that can be challenging.

What app are you using for your data?

I use cronometer and I love it. I love their desktop browser version more than the app, but then I donā€™t like doing things on my phone.

3 Likes

I love this theory, itā€™s really fascinating and makes sense. I read, and read, and read on the topic. I think Iā€™m going to go ahead and get recertified. Itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve done it professionally. I honestly donā€™t know what Iā€™ll do with it yet, I know I want to help people. I was thinking of partnering with a Bariatric physicianā€™s office.

Also, you can 100% absolutely post whatever you want in here! Cats are people too haha

Oh, Iā€™ll have to look into that one! I use MyFitnessPal. I also have SparkPeople which I used to like a whole lot better. Iā€™ve just not used it in forever, so maybe I should revisit. Iā€™ve had that one since like 2001 or something. It used to be just a website before all this smartphone stuff.

I love that!!! Iā€™ve had a lot of relapses as well. Damn alcohol stole my dreams and I didnā€™t have an identity anymore. This is something Iā€™ve been passionate about since I was in grade school. Working out really can be a lifesaver :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used to worship Cory Everson and Rachel McLish. I always wanted muscle and to be bigger. Between booze, husbands, and kiddos, I just lost myself. Iā€™m so happy to be sober because Iā€™m finally doing all of the things I want to do. Iā€™m finally doing things for me :grin:

1 Like
                                     %
           Cal   Weight  Carbs/Fat/Protein 

July 29: 1621 | 114.6 | 39/11/50
July 30: 1383 | 114.9 | 30/24/46
July 31: 1688 | 112.2 | 34/17/49
Aug 01: 1482 | 112.9 | 29/22/49

Weight is back up to 114.9 this morning. After a few months Iā€™ll assess the macros and adjust for the next phase. My body has changed quite a bit in the last month. Specifically my abs, glutes, and legs. Iā€™m even getting a vain in my abs and Iā€™m dying Iā€™m so excited about that. Yay!

So, Iā€™ve enrolled in the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Iā€™m going to get multiple certifications. It will just be a side hustle obviously, but Iā€™m extremely excited about it.

4 Likes

Ahh the things we can do when we arenā€™t wasted all the timeā€¦awesome work!! :muscle:

1 Like

This is fantastic! Great job on all fronts! Iā€™m so excited for you!

1 Like

I think about that all the time actually. Pretty much every day. I love not being hung over every single damn day. It was such a horrible existence. I love feeling fresh, clear headed, and light on my feet in the morning.
:smiley::smiley::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I gotta say I really want to thank those that come into this thread. The support means more to me than you know. I hope to be just as much of a support to everyone else.

Iā€™ve added my workout data, just to August so far, Iā€™ll add it to July and upload the whole month. I just wonā€™t have weight data because I started that mid month. What a giant pain in the ass lol. I usually keep my scale in a cabinet and weigh myself once in a blue moon. Now itā€™s out and making my bathroom look messy because Iā€™ll forget otherwise. Iā€™m starting to get used to it. I just want to make sure I do it at the same time everyday.

The reason my weight dipped into the 112ā€™s was dehydration. I was so swamped I kept forgetting to drink.

August 2021
Calories | Weight | % Carb/Fat/Protein | Workout Time

August 01: 1482 | 112.9 | 29/22/49 | 1 hour 33 min
August 02: 1561 | 114.9 | 29/21/50 | 1 hour 45 min

So, my body was very fatigued yesterday and Sunday, so I took it very easy. Less time, but more importantly, less intensity. Sunday was really light with just stretching, yoga, and some ab work.

Once I add the workouts to July, Iā€™ll post the whole month.

Thanks everyone so much for being part of the journey. Getting sober and exiting my abusive marriage has given me my love fe back. Iā€™m doing the things Iā€™ve always dreamed of doing.

4 Likes

This makes me so happy :heart:

Thanks for sharing this part of your journey with us, itā€™s always such an inspiration to see others here grabbing life by the horns and doing things that werenā€™t possible before sobriety.

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m soooo behind on here. Had a really important (to me :slight_smile: ) work deadline. Pulled it off at the last minute. Plus Iā€™ve been feeling like complete poo :poop: this week!

But, pushing through and will update after my very, very gentle workout tonight. I have a fever, so not much energy haha. I just want to close the rings on my watch man :joy::joy::joy: #fuckocd

3 Likes

Ok, finally checking in. Definitely going to try to increase my calories.

August so far:

Calories | Weight | % Carb/Fat/Protein | Workout Time

August 01: 1482 | 112.9 | 29/22/49 | 2 hours 3 min
August 02: 1561 | 114.9 | 29/21/50 | 1 hour 45 min
August 03: 1299 | 114.7 | 22/23/55 | 2 hours 31 min
August 04: 1486 | 114.0 | 27/18/55 | 1 hour 35 min
August 05: 1730 | 114.0 | 36/14/50 | 1 hour 21 min
August 06: 1682 | 115.3 | 35/16/49 | 1 hour 56 min
August 07: 1620 | 114.2 | 32/14/54 | 1 hour 57 min

This week was just a lot. My CCIM portfolio was due on Friday. I honestly was not sure if I was going to make the transaction requirement in time, so I waited to make sure before I started it. It was so laborious and stressful. I must have thrown my hands up and quit 3 - 4 times this week. On Wednesday or Thursday, ok Wednesday, just looked at my calendar :woman_facepalming: I had a call with the guy that needed to interview me for my letter of recommendation. Then I also had a call later with my mentor. Which by the way has made it very clear heā€™s into meā€¦ā€¦ But heā€™s married, the fuck? I donā€™t give a ratā€™s ass if you have a ā€œbad marriageā€ and ā€œlooking for a place so you can move outā€ I have lifetime TV bucko, I know how that goes. Iā€™ve never been that person.

Ok, back on track. So I was feeling more stressed than I have felt in a very long time. I was feeling incredibly discouraged and felt it was really unrealistic to think I would pull it off. Anyone who knows me, knows Iā€™m not a quitter. I mean look how long I clung to booze :joy:
But this? I really felt way in over my head. I had the do not disturb set on my phone for the majority of the week. Of course this week my clients want to tour every commercial property on earth, so that was Monday and Tuesday. That really added to my stress because I lost hours each day. But at the end of the day, they come first and the rest I have to figure out.

After talking to these two gentlemen, I felt so much better. I was missing a few documents. One is a long story, but the LL never got the executed lease to my client or me. I technically didnā€™t need it as I did that job pro Bono. The LL marketed the property on a database used by commercial brokers. I brought my client and sheā€™s like ā€œoh, by the way, I donā€™t pay broker feesā€. I was like why the fuck did you advertise to BROKERS then??? Sheā€™s like I canā€™t afford the improvements and the broker fee. Well then maā€™am, you have no business owning Investement property. Anyway, I had reached out for a copy of the lease multiple times and she just ignored me. No offense to any women on here, but I cannot stand working with them. Just ridiculous, emotional, catty, and they just see other women as competition. Thatā€™s why all these Womenā€™s groups are such bullshit. I pay my annual dues for CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), but thatā€™s it. I no longer bother going to events. The other women in my field refuse to talk to me, and the rest of it is just people trying to sell their service to the 4 women that are actually CRE brokers. Iā€™ve just had horrible experiences. Not sure if anyone remembers ā€œThe Chronicles of Batshitā€.

I got screwed out of over $20K from a shady broker the Friday before. I did my damn job, I will get my damn money. My attorney is pissed lol. I love him so. Right now, with his guidance of course, I trying to handle it peacefully. If that doesnā€™t work Iā€™m fucking suing everyone :joy::joy:
Ok, so Iā€™ve been really angry lately. Iā€™m sure that shows by the amount of F bombs Iā€™m dropping.

Iā€™m sure it will all work out, itā€™s just really bad timing.

Then, I forget which day it started, but I woke up and I was just drained. Like that really bad fatigue where youā€™re just clumsy, you know, almost get hit by cars, drop things, all that fun stuff. Then last night my throat starting hurting on the way to my friendā€™s wedding. I thought it was just because m friend that I was with was smoking nasty cigarettes. Nope. I woke up this morning dead. This is my ghost typing. Iā€™m feeling like garbage. Normally colds donā€™t bother me, i power through, but the fatigue is sooo stupid. I have a fever and thatā€™s what usually makes people really feel like garbage. I ordered a rona test, it gets here Wednesday. Iā€™m vaccinated and I had Covid, so I donā€™t know. If it is, then shit :grimacing: yā€™all, I was at a wedding last night! Itā€™s funny because my friend that got married introduced me to the friend that I went with. I texted him to say, you gotta come here and we can Uber together because Iā€™m so freaking anxious. I was a mess. Iā€™m extremely introverted. Stuff like this makes me insane.

Anyway, so looooong way of saying that I just didnā€™t have time to get the calories or exercise that I need. It wasnā€™t horrible though. Iā€™m going to tweak my macros a bit sooner than originally planned. Just a smidgen. Iā€™m going to increase calories, Iā€™m going to bump up fat a bit and take it from protein.

So, Iā€™m thinking:

Calories: 1,800
Carbs 35%
Fat 25%
Protein 40%

I worked out today, but took it easy. Iā€™m falling asleep as I write this. Iā€™m going to take my sweet child outside to make pee pee on th potty and then Iā€™m going to bed.

5 Likes

Ugh, me to me ā€œYouā€™re killing me smalls!ā€

Ok, trying to up calories to 2,000 starting tomorrow. I have to remember to eat during the day. Iā€™m a big drinker, so I drink my protein water, and shakes, and coffee. So I typically tend to eat actual food at night because I can focus more on it. This is going to take some effort.

Iā€™m also switching my macros to:

Carbs 40%
Fat 20%
Protein 40%

Itā€™s really challenging because of my food allergies. I do eat eggs. If they are organic I donā€™t get an anaphylactic reaction :woman_shrugging: Almonds are the opposite. I can eat the garbage thatā€™s processed and flavored, but give me a raw almond and out comes the epi-pen.

Allergies
Egg whites
Wheat
Corn
Orange
Onion
Egg yolks :arrow_left: Whyā€™d they have to do me like that
Bananas Could they not just say eggs? :sob:
Rye
Barley
Lemon
Grapefruit
Peach
Cherry
Tangerine
Almonds
Pears
Squash
Paprika
Ginger
Pineapple
Dogs
Cats
Ragweed

I also have a sulfite sensitivity, and Iā€™m supposed to avoid the below. Ok :ok_hand: :+1::+1::+1: Whatever you say guy. :roll_eyes: There is like nothing left to eat for crying out loud. So I have a pretty bland diet. But they WILL NOT TAKE MY MUSTARD!!! That where I draw the line. Oh and Buffalo sauce too. Iā€™ll take a walk on the wild side for that one.

• Apple cider
  • Apples (dried, glazed, dehydrated, canned or frozen)
  • Apricots (dried, glazed or dedydrated)
  • Avocado Dip
  • Baked goods
  • Beer (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
  • Breads
  • Candy
  • Canned fruits and vegetables
  • Cereal
  • Cheese
  • Chocolate bars
  • Cider (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
  • Clam chowder
  • Coconut Coleslaw
  • Condiments
  • Cookies
  • Cornbread
  • Cornmeal
  • Cornstarch
  • Crackers
  • Deli meat
  • Dextrose syrup
  • Dressings
  • Dried fruit
  • Fish
  • Fresh Fruit Salad
  • Frozen fruits and vegetables
  • Fruit bars
  • Fruit filling
  • Fruit juice
  • Fruit syrup
  • Garlic
  • Gelatin
  • Glazed fruits
  • Glucose solids
  • Glucose syrup
  • Grape juice (regular or sparkling)
  • Grapes (fresh) Grapes (glazed) Gravies
  • Guacamole
  • Herbs (dried)
  • Horseradish
  • Hot Dogs
  • Jams
  • Jellies
  • Ketchup
  • Lemon juice/concentrate
  • Lettuce (fresh) ā€“ safe in some countries
  • Lime juice/concentrate
  • Malt Vinegar
  • Maple Syrup
  • Maraschino cherries Marmalade
  • Mincemeat (dried or dedydrated) Molasses
  • Muesli
  • Mushrooms
  • Mustard
  • Noodles
  • Olives (canned)
  • Onions (pickled)
  • Papaya (dried or dehydrated)
  • Pastries
  • Peaches (dried or dedydrated)
  • Pears (dried or dedydrated)
  • Peas (canned or frozen)
  • Pectin
  • Peppers (canned or frozen) Pickled foods
  • Pickles
  • Pineapple (dried or dedydrated)
  • Potato chips
  • Potato starch
  • Potatoes (dehydrated, frozen french fries, dehydrated, mashed, peeled, pre-cut)
  • Raisins (dried or dedydrated)
  • Relish
  • Rice mixes
  • Sauces
  • Sauerkraut
  • Sausages
  • Shellfish
  • Shrimp (fresh/frozen) Snack foods
  • Soft drinks
  • Soup mixes
  • Soups
  • Soy products
  • Spices
  • Starches
  • Sugar beet starch
  • Sugar syrups
  • Tea
  • Tea Mix
  • Tomatoes (dried, sun dried, dehydrated, canned, frozen or paste/pulp/puree)
  • Tortilla chips
  • Trail mix
  • Vegetable juices
  • Vinegar, wine vinegar
  • Waffles
  • White grape juice
  • Wine (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
  • Maraschino cherries
  • Marmalade
  • Mincemeat (dried or dehydrated)
  • Molasses
  • Muesli
  • Mushrooms
  • Mustard
  • Noodles
  • Olives (canned)
  • Onions (pickled)
  • Papaya (dried or dehydrated)
  • Pastries
  • Peaches (dried or dedydrated)
  • Pears (dried or dedydrated)
  • Peas (canned or frozen)
  • Pectin
  • Peppers (canned or frozen) Pickled foods
  • Pickles
  • Pineapple (dried or dedydrated) Potato chips
  • Potato starch
  • Potatoes (dehydrated, frozen french fries, dehydrated, mashed, peeled, pre-cut) Raisins (dried or dedydrated) Relish
  • Rice mixes
  • Sauces
  • Sauerkraut
  • Sausages
  • Shellfish
  • Shrimp (fresh/frozen)
  • Snack foods
  • Soft drinks
  • Soup mixes
  • Soups
  • Soy products
  • Spices
  • Starches
  • Sugar beet starch
  • Sugar syrups
  • Tea
  • Tea Mix
  • Tomatoes (dried, sun dried, dehydrated, canned, frozen or paste/pulp/puree)
  • Tortilla chips
  • Trail mix
  • Vegetable juices
  • Vinegar, wine vinegar
  • Waffles
  • White grape juice
  • Wine (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

So anyway, Iā€™ll work that out. A lot of my allergies are just RUDE! Especially the fruits.

Itā€™s hard for me to get carbs. I sort of like oats, but they make me extremely nauseous, so I donā€™t know if I have an allergy there too. Iā€™ll be sick for hours after eating them.

Then there is rice. I hate rice, well, I like rice pudding :joy:

Iā€™ll try wild rice :face_vomiting: and sweet potatoes I guess. I eat blueberries and strawberries, but you have to eat soooooooo many to her a good amount of carbs out of them. Maybe Iā€™ll try smoothies again. Then I can eat kale haha. Sneak it on in there.

Anyway, calories today :+1:
Macros today :-1:

Calories 1,808

Macros :woman_facepalming:

Iā€™m going to eat my peanut butter ā€œcookieā€ and go to bed. Goodnight swole friends.

Oh, progress pic. Iā€™m only going to do arms as the abs might be inappropriate. Iā€™ll try to find appropriate attire for that. Iā€™m a rule follower dammit.

Covered my face because I looked busted AF lol

7 Likes

Sorry you are feeling so crummy, keep us updated on that. Way too much covid out there. What are your favorite foods left out there that you can eat? I know you said you eat salmon when you are out. Dont eat the oats!! I am not a huge quinoa fan at all, it is not a grain, I dont eat it much bc I will gain weight. Not a cook here either but my grocery store has quick heat packets that you can microwave and presto its cooked. May be on your do not eat list.

I like the non curly kale and slightly microwave it. for thirty sec to a min to just wilt it a little. You could stuff the sweet potato w it.

I see you say no to avocado dip but not sure if avocados are on there. Avocados and Quinoa good nutrition, lots of calories. I posted a pic in food thread the other day. I know you are smart, know your stuff, and have been dealing w this for a long time. Just hoping something might be a new idea for you.

Itā€™s the strangest thing, I can eat avocado :avocado:, but guacamole will make me projectile vomit. I find that to be a very sad, sad thing :joy:

I regularly eat avocados, I love them and they are so good for you. Quinoa is a big old nope, there is literally nothing, nothin that I can add to quinoa to make it tolerable.

I have my trusty rustyā€™s

• Chicken, lots and lots of chicken
  • eggs (I donā€™t react to organic)
  • nuts, but doc said to avoid all tree nuts
  • rice cakes
  • cottage cheese
  • vegetables
  • Berries
  • protein drinks and weight gainer
  • peanut and sunflower butter
  • tuna

Iā€™m going to add sweet potatoes and wild rice the next time I shop. I ā€œcookā€ with avocado oil. I use a crockpot, hey, itā€™s something. Haha

3 Likes