Curling in the squat rack šŸ‹ļø

OKAY!! I am ready to be an active member of this thread and get my shit together. Just started my counter on the sugar.
I have to be honest, I have been eating like a sumo wrestler getting ready for a fight. I have fallen off of my work outs. (Perfect time to make a ā€œbeforeā€ photo. ā€œ) Even after taking a month off of my food and fitness routine I am amazed at how resilient my body is!! It hasnā€™t completely gone to shit. Iā€™ve been eating 3000 calories a day (I think.) Iā€™m gonna try to do 1500 calories the next week and go from there. Not sure about the macros though. Need to find my weights.

3 Likes

Yeah!!! Yay yay yay!!!

And mehā€¦. Vacations are for that. Youā€™ll brush it off in a week.

I have some catching up to do. Iā€™ve just been super overextended. I guess I wouldnā€™t be me if I wasnā€™t challenging use of with some new and seemingly impossible task.

Iā€™m ready for the gun show!!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

This 100x100%.

Sue them all. Do it. Let me live vicariously through you. :laughing: Iā€™m trying to figure out if a messed up situation I have was over the legal line, so please just sue them. Get your money!

You know, sometimes things come up. Youā€™re working toward a lifestyle, so youā€™re still building your base. You have this.

(I had more to say but my 19 year old cat just had a big fall and Iā€™m attending to her. Not sure when Iā€™ll read the rest of the thread. Hang in there)

1 Like

Giving Cronometer a go, iā€™m not a fan of phone things either so seems good for me.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! So far itā€™s looking like I have a decent chance of getting paid through the tenant that vacated. They asked for substantiation and substantiation they got. So, fingers crossed.

I think that a an offer from a larger company came in and my tenant was pushed out, or something else fishy. Thereā€™s know way that between one check to the next that my client moved out and the property was re-tenanted in less than 30 days. I was not made aware, not given the opportunity to re-tenant, and they were not going to say anything, just stop paying me. Once I either get my money from the tenant, or they refuse, I will have a conversation with the other broker and insist on transparency.

Worst case, I would actually have to sue my client. Contractually, the other brokerage is pretty much covered. Ethically, they are not. The broker is a CCIM which means he is required to abide by a higher set of standards than a typical broker. Iā€™m not going after that as I will be a CCIM in October given I pass my exam :crossed_fingers:

I will definitely have a conversation with him though. I refuse to be a pushover. Iā€™m one of the very few women in the commercial real estate world here. Even fewer are CCIMā€™s. I canā€™t show weakness. Boo-yah :muscle:

I hope your thing works out. Not sure if you want to share the deets, but happen to listen and/or sue every freaking body just for you lol

1 Like

Reset my sugar timer twice yesterday. Today I got up, made my bed, did some yoga for like 10 minutes and some absā€¦ itā€™s a start! I found my 8lb weights and did a teeeny bit of arms. Tomorrow will be better.
Stayed at 1000 calories today! So thatā€™s good. (Didnā€™t reset my sugar timer even though I had a Hersheyā€™s kiss or 2. Does that even count?)

3 Likes

I hope you like it. I love it personally. I feel like itā€™s easier to customize than anything else on the market, but then I want to make it do exactly what I want and this is as close as Iā€™ve gotten.

1 Like

Good! What jerks. That just pisses me off. We used to have rental property (sold last year, sadly before the frothy craze, and it is actually the stupidest story too), and weā€™ve lost money because of the rental company we used. Thatā€™s not really that comparable, but in my small way, understand.

Iā€™m impressed that youā€™re in commercial real estate, to be honest. I know I donā€™t have the drive for it myself.

Thanks. Itā€™s kind of a long story, but basically a pharmacist at the pharmacy I go to shared details of a phone conversation with some dude at the deli who followed me around until I confronted him and then he tried to intimidate me (lol good luck with that) and talking about my medications which is when he mentioned stuff from the phone call. Itā€™s a long story but itā€™s all just dumb.

1 Like

Holy crap, thatā€™s actually really messed up!! Thatā€™s pretty disturbing. I really hope it doesnā€™t happen again. You do what you need to do. In the meantime Iā€™ll sue everyone for ya!

That sucks about your rental, sounds like the PM company you used was a hot mess. Sorry :frowning:

With the CRE, Iā€™m notorious for doing things the hard way. When I was in college I would always find out who the hardest professors were so that I could sign up for their classes. Then there is my CRE firm. I started my company in 2018, I had to hang my license at another firm (long story for another day there) until I was able to become a BIC (Broker in Charge). I then unaffiliated with that f <ā€”ā€” OMG fell asleep mid word lol.

Ah, I was going to say firm. I think I was just babbling about starting my own firm straight out of the gates. It put me at disadvantage. But, Iā€™m very networked and even more resourceful (scrappy). But itā€™s been a grind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay, great first day back on it!! I donā€™t think a couple of Hersheyā€™s kisses will do any harm. I think they are like 22 calories each. So they wouldnā€™t even be considered breaking a fast :slight_smile:

How tall are you girl? Iā€™m just making sure 1000 calories is enough. Unless youā€™re just doing a little jump start.

8lbs is a great place to start. Itā€™s really good actually :muscle:

Fun fact, I super duper eased back into this. A little over a year ago, I started doing some ab work while lotioning after the shower. I used to sit on my closet floor to lotion. I was like, Iā€™m already down here, why not? Then I added in ā€œchin upsā€. Quotes because I spent a majority at f the time dangling lol. Got tennis elbow, so bought some weights and added pushups. I increased push-ups by 1 a month. I used to do 5 rounds of lifting, but I would say lazy lifting. I started with about 3-4 sets at a time. One as I was putting my clothes out, 2nd after brushing teeth, third after putting my makeup out, 4th after the shower, and the last one before getting dressed. So I stretched it out quite a bit. As time went on, I started feeling better and naturally craving more. Now here we are.

So, start slow. The last thing you want is to not look forward to your workouts. You want to enjoy them. Let them naturally call you, because they will. Youā€™re already in amazing shape, so you have a great advantage from the start. I know you do yoga which is great. Iā€™m just starting. Iā€™m learning ashtanga. Itā€™s so hard for me to sit and do that breathing shit. I just want to go, go, go!

So excited to be on this journey with you. AND I missed you so much :heart: No more vacations and broken phones lol

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it ended up being 1200 calories because I forgot to add some stuff. I wasnā€™t starving myself or anything. For dinner I had a huge salad with grilled chicken and luckily I didnā€™t have any Caesar or croutons in the house so it was basically veggies and chicken and balsalmic. Maybe I should repeat that today? After eating so unhealthy, these veggies are refreshing. I also had a protein shake for breakfast and 2 eggs for lunch plus a bunch of snacks. (I learned this from you) The protein kept me full all day.
Okay so you motivated me! I have a kettlebell in the garage. I wonder if beach body has any kettlebell work outs? I am only going to show my before photo after I make some progress. Still havenā€™t bought a new phone yet lolā€¦ I want to get the new iPhone but have been putting it off cuz itā€™s so damn expensive.

2 Likes

That is quite the list of allergies! Did you get allergy tested? Just wondering because my daughters dad keeps telling me to get tested. I am super allergic to cats, I was dying on my moms farm she has a ton of animals and I was on allergy medicine every day and I googled it and it causes weight gain! I still feel sort of sick from my allergies being so bad at her house.

Your arms are amazing!! GOALS!! :raised_hands: They are perfection!! I need to do whatever you are doing.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any kettle bell exclusive workouts on BeachBody but Iā€™ve done a bunch of the programs on there and they are all very good :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the intel! The only work out I have tried is the insanity. That was back in April 2020. I havenā€™t logged in there since! I should probably get my moneys worth. Plus I froze my gym membership so I am gonna work out from home for a bit.

1 Like

I did The Prep and The Work both several times and I loved those both. I also tried Lift 4 but I wasnā€™t a huge fan because I didnā€™t see any gainz.

The Work will make you strong AF if you do the whole thing.

1 Like

Soā€¦ā€¦ I donā€™t think they have kettlebell workouts that I could find, but there are plenty of body weight strength training options, and believe you me, you can get strong that way!

Make sure you have a before pic just for you though!! Youā€™ll be glad you did. I love how excited youā€™re getting. It gets me motivated too!!

@Nordique Iā€™m doing Hammer & Chisel now, but just the hammer calendar. For the same reason as you, gainz bruh lol.

Iā€™m doing #mbf next. At first I was like, I donā€™t know. Seems girly, but look at this chicks arms!!! Those shoulders! Thatā€™s whatā€™s up!!

Lift 4 was on my list, so glad you said something. If I like #mbf then Iā€™ll do the advanced one next. I like th Hammer but the dude is so perverted!! I canā€™t believe heā€™s not been sued yet. Listen, Iā€™m not a bra burning womenā€™s lib type, but the shit he says. Omg. These poor girls that get hired to workout on the video. :woman_facepalming: Heā€™s also condescending towards women. But heā€™s good.

I donā€™t like Autumnā€™s motivation style, it annoys the loss out of me, she keeps her mouth Thur when sheā€™s with Sagi though because sheā€™s so busy dealing with him hitting on her lol.

@Clarity Elise Joan is actually the one that told me about BeachBody, I think Iā€™ve heard of it, but thatā€™s about it. Until FitOn, I just couldnā€™t vibe with online stuff. Now Iā€™m addicted. Anyway, she does a lot of yoga and barre and her body is kick ass. Speaking of asses, thatā€™s why I reached out to her on Instagram. I was like girl! Your ass! Your shoulders! Do you just do yoga and bar? I need to know what you do! Haha, so she said all her stuff was on BOD, and then had to explain it to my dumb ass lol. So, there is a section under her name that you might want to try.

I also got alomoves . Iā€™m going to suck it up and do yoga because I want to learn this crazy shiznit!!!

Iā€™m obsessed with this chick! So Iā€™m doing her classes. Iā€™m obviously on like sit there and breathe :joy::joy::joy: Iā€™ve never done a full chaturanga to upward dog. I just did a sloppy upward dog. So I learned this, this week. First day was hard and then once I got the elbow position correct, I freaking love doing it now. Obviously takes some strength.

I have a splitting headache and procrastinating. Time to workout. Maybe it will help. Sarah, I bet you could do that stuff I posted. Iā€™ll get there :heart:

3 Likes

Yikes, forgot to answer this one. Yes, I was tested. They did all sort of invasive testing first :roll_eyes:

I I keep falling asleep :sleeping: Iā€™m

1 Like

Iā€™m moving to a new pharmacy and Iā€™m contacting the store corporate, so weā€™ll see what happens. None of the lawyers I reached out to got back to me, so itā€™s probably just on this side of legal since I donā€™t think he shared enough to cross the line. Iā€™m still going to report him to the pharmacy association and my strong command of the English language will leave its mark on the storeā€™s public image if they donā€™t figure out a way to make this up to me.

I would rather just have a good experience and go away, but when something like this happens I expect the business to do something to make it up to me. This type of thing is unacceptable. Itā€™s frustrating that it seems that everyone who complains about something is now labled a ā€œKarenā€, when there are actually very legitimate reasons to demand compensation.

Yeah the rental was okayish half the time. I never wanted to own rentals. Iā€™d heard too many horror stories in some of my college classes, but my husband really wanted to do it so he was over it. I have a very strong feeling it would have been more successful if Iā€™d been over it, butā€¦ :woman_shrugging: I only agreed to it if we had a rental company to do the daily business and the face to face.

Well, I think youā€™re amazing. It takes a lot to do the kind of work you do.

Good luck with Hammer & Chisel! I used to work with a gal who was deep into BeachBody and she kept trying to get me to be a product distributer. That kind of thing isnā€™t for me, but I thought some of the work outs looked good.

Iā€™m really trying to work on my delts, traps, and glutes right now. I used to hate squats, but I found out that was because my glutes were ā€œturned offā€. I had my muscles tested and I had a lot of muscles that simply werenā€™t activated when I tried to use them, so no matter how much I might try to work on my glutes or my traps (mid and upper), they didnā€™t engage. I had them activated and man squats are now my most favorite thing ever because I can actually feel them now. Shoulders are definitely a thing Iā€™m pushing for as well.

So funny you mention that about BeachBody. I had no idea that it was a MLM. So when that chick told me about it, I said hey, let me get your email so you get credit for the referral. She was like ā€œoh, Iā€™m not a coach, Iā€™m a master trainerā€ and Iā€™m all like wtf does that mean. So I was like, how do you get credit for the referral and then she gave me a link. Iā€™m slow. I was very turned off by the MLM piece of it, and itā€™s the only annoying part. They advertise their products at the end of every video :roll_eyes: The products are grossly overpriced and pretty much garbage.

I kept getting assigned ā€œcoachesā€ that were just MLM distributors. So, if you want to join a challenge, you get stuck and limited to their lame challenges. I called BeachBody and they were like you just have to search social media, we donā€™t have a list of coaches. So, I joined the BOD Members Only Facebook page, and this one guys posts a lot and heā€™s a beast! So, I stalked his ass, got his email, and now heā€™s my coach :joy:

What state are you in? One of my friends specializes in malpractice, maybe she would have a referral. Itā€™s much easier to get an attorney to call you back when it comes via a personal referral. I feel like a dog with a bone here, thatā€™s not ok. Iā€™m glad youā€™re reporting it to the board.

Yeah, form is so important. Especially with injuries as we tend to get insecure snd move incorrectly due to fear of hurting ourselves. I have terrible knees, both need surgery. So I have to concentrate very hard when doing squats and lunges. One wrong move and you will hear me scream like a little girl lol. Like you, I used to hate them, but I really love them now. Delts are a huge focus for me now, specifically my rear delts. If your shoulders are built, it just makes your arms look amazing.

My traps are naturally large because Iā€™m so hi strung that Iā€™m always tensing them :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never actually counted calories ever before, so itā€™s all new to me. All I know is now, eggs good, pepperoni pizza bad, very bad haha

2 Likes