Curling in the squat rack šŸ‹ļø

Egg whites man haha if youā€™re going to be eating a lot of eggs definitely, I like smashing a few but when you start getting into over a dozen itā€™s just better for calories to use egg whites and less cholesterol. Itā€™s also got lots of protein in the egg white itself :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the latest update on macros and workouts. For some reason I was not including my solo lifting in my workout time. No idea why, so I started that on the 11th, no lifting on the 12th. I noted my ā€œLady Timeā€ because I think itā€™s important for women to see what happens. Also, itā€™s important to see how much weight fluctuates from day to day, so focusing on body composition is the important part. Once I start the personal training business, Iā€™m going to het one of those 3D body scanners. I definitely donā€™t want my clients to see the image until the end when they reached goal. That damn image is traumatizing. So I donā€™t want to start on a negative note like that.

Anyway, I do want to point out that although some of these time seem like a lot, they are split between morning and evening and I start each workout with a 20-25 minute stretch or warmup, and always end with a 25ish minute stretch at night. So, a lot of that time is stretching.

Calories | Weight | % Carb/Fat/Protein | Workout Time
Aug 01: 1482 | 112.9 / 51.2 | 29/22/49 | 2 hours 3 min
Aug 02: 1561 | 114.9 / 52.1 | 29/21/50 | 1 hour 45 min
Aug 03: 1299 | 114.7 / 52.0 | 22/23/55 | 2 hours 31 min
Aug 04: 1486 | 114.0 / 51.7 | 27/18/55 | 1 hour 35 min
Aug 05: 1730 | 114.0 / 51.7 | 36/14/50 | 1 hour 21 min
Aug 06: 1682 | 115.3 / 52.3 | 35/16/49 | 1 hour 56 min
Aug 07: 1480 | 114.2 / 51.8 | 35/14/51 | 1 hour 57min
Aug 08: 1808 | 114.6 / 52.0 | 22/25/53 | 2 hours 13 min
Lady Time
Aug 09: 1563 | 116.8 / 53.0 | 34/22/44 | 2 hours 54 min
Aug 10: 1557 | 117.3 / 53.2 | 32/19/49 | 2 hours 47 min
Aug 11: 1600 | 117.9 / 53.5 | 28/26/46 | 2 hours 53 min
Aug 12: 1658 | 117.9 / 53.5 | 23/28/49 | 2 hours 4 min
Aug 13: 1820 | 115.5 / 52.4 | 24/31/45 | 3 hours 5 min

Iā€™m gradually getting more comfortable with increasing my calories. I noticed that when I tried increasing my carbohydrates that I became extremely tired and sluggish. I literally fell asleep at my desk. That is a sign that my body is more tolerant of a high protein and fat percentage. So now Iā€™m shooting for:

Carbs: 20%
Fat: 30%
Protein: 50%

I feel a lot more energetic with this set of macros. Iā€™m also pretty lenient with fat and Iā€™m comfortable taking from protein and increasing fat. Especially since I get more than adequate protein for building muscle at a caloric deficit.

To build muscle at a caloric deficit, you should ideally eat at least 2.4 g/kg of body weight, which for me is around 126 g. Thatā€™s going off a body that absorbs the calories they ingest. I had a surgery that alters my digestion and therefore I only absorb about 80% of what I eat. That includes vitamins as well.

I only eat healthy fats that I truly love and look forward to haha. Avocado, avocado oil, natural peanut butter, and natural sunflower seed butter.

Iā€™ve not been feeling well the past two weeks and I have a long running migraine again. Probably from that positive Covid test :woman_facepalming:. Iā€™m fully vaccinated, so itā€™s just like a cold or a flu, nothing to write home about.
Such is life, power on :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Eggs very good haha. Iā€™m allergic to them, but believe the nutritional benefits outweigh the effects of the allergy. Plus, I donā€™t react to organic eggs :woman_shrugging:

I ainā€™t afraid of no pepperoni though. Just allergic to the bread. So Iā€™ll rip off the top and eat it #yolo

2 Likes

A dozen :flushed::flushed::flushed: yah! I would stick to the whites in that case too.

2 Likes

I tried out the carnivore diet last year and I was eating about 16 a day so yeah a little overkill on the cholesterol :rofl: but then eventually that just got incorporated into my Paleo diet I stick with now so itā€™s much healthier like that I was trying to get 250 g of protein a day, it worked I lost like 12 lbs in a month and I set all of my max lifts that month but I wonā€™t go back to that I hated protein after that month on top of it being terrible for your system long term. Balanced is the way to go for me now :metal:

2 Likes

A dozen eggs, man thatā€™s some body builder business right there

2 Likes

Pepperoni & Cheese straight up no chaser

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done the paleo diet and agree with most of it except for legumes and white potatoes vs. sweet potatoes. Like, did cavemen go ā€œwhoops, unga bunga, this here peanut is a legume, Iā€™m not eating itā€ and ā€œunga bunga, white potato bad, orange potato good!ā€ Lol

However, I like it and think itā€™s a healthy way of eating. I actually did it for about 4 years. I now do a hybrid because of my medically necessary protein requirements. I need whey isolate as a supplement. Shit hits the fan when I donā€™t get enough and Iā€™m now recovering from that. Not from paleo, from years and years of my ED.

4 Likes

#word

I donā€™t want to brag, but Iā€™m kinda badass.

2 Likes

So I finally took full body progress pics suitable for the forum lol. The ones that I take for myself are I guess graphic? :joy: I really want to see results from every angle so they are not the most pleasant to look at, especially since I still need a few more skin removal surgeries. Iā€™m hoping that until I can afford that, I can fill the areas in with muscle. This is a HUGE step, because for years I have been unwilling to put on weight.

Now, if even one ignorant m-fer starts babbling about exercise to tone up SKIN, I will lose my ever loving shit. Goddamn it that is so stupid. Really, skin exercise. Man that pisses me off. One day when Iā€™m comfortable enough to share, Iā€™ll explain why my skin is shot, even after $33K of skin removal surgery so far.

But, I digress. Current progress as of yesterday:

8 Likes

Oh yeah Iā€™m not that strict, like a potato is a potato and studies have shown sweet potatoes or yams are a better complex carbohydrate for sure I would agree with you on that one on top of being a huge factor of vitamin A. I donā€™t worry too much about my carb intake I would say at that rate Iā€™m quite hybrid in that factor, most of my carbs I get from oats, I try to stay away from sugars (that doesnā€™t ever work cause Iā€™ve been a lazy ass on my diet) lots of protein lots of veggies and berries thatā€™s pretty much it šŸ¤·šŸ¼ I got so used to being restricted to eating certain foods with weightlifting that eventually I just incorporated that style of eating into my everyday life more because it works vs what I love. Eat for energy, cause if I ate the weigh I wanted to I would still weigh 270 lbs, you want to look good or be in shape well it takes sacrifice, even for everyday maintenance to stay consistent , so for that I love how I eat now.

On a side note first time eating bread for over a year I made burgers this weekend, oh man has it killed my stomache, I dunno I just try to stay away from dairy and breads, my skin became much nicer after that, double bad combo of bread and cheese :rofl: btw you look great just stay consistent and keep up the hard work :metal:

2 Likes

Yep. They used to have this one pre-workout drink calledā€¦ E&E, or something, that I would have every morning for my wake up beverage that I really loved. They still have it (or did the last time I knew), but they changed the formula and after that it was crap. Other than that Iā€™m pretty unimpressed with their products.

Not only that but I hate how they work because people who are not very knowledgeable will get these ā€œcoachesā€ and think they are actually someone they should listen to on how to get healthy when theyā€™re really just sales people. Iā€™ve got no problem with professionals selling products, but I have a problem with sales people pretending they are professionals to sell their product.

And this is why you are a badass in your field :laughing: Never say die!

Utah. Itā€™s a beautiful state if you like the great outdoors. If your friend knows someone and would be willing to put a word out, that would be awesome. Right now Iā€™m just trying to figure out if this actually is a legal issue. I feel like it might be just on the side of not, because as far as I know no personal information was given out; however, I thought conversations with the pharmacist were supposed to be confidential, and Iā€™m not sure he is legally able to point a person out to someone then share details of a conversation.

I will deal with it on an internal level if thatā€™s where it needs to be brought up, but I do not want to chance this being quietly swept under a rug because, if not dealt with, it could be done to someone else who might not have the emotional reserves to stand up for themselves, and I find that completely unacceptable. I will do everything I can to make sure that doesnā€™t happen.

So true! I had no idea my glutes were not actually kicking in like they were supposed to and that my quads were taking the load, so my form was absolute crap. In a way, I guess I owe having them turned back on to my shoulder and neck injuries. After I got hurt, several muscles on my left side were not being properly innervated so they actually started to atrophy. Before that, I had no idea your muscles could actually ā€œturn offā€ for other reasons as well.

Your delts are looking great, by the way! Awesome pictures you put out! Look at those guns too! Oh yeah, those rear heads are so important!

Not sure if you have an interest or if there is a practitioner near you, but Frequency Specific Microcurrent might be something that could help you out. Itā€™s not a panacea, but it can be very helpful. Iā€™ll leave a link in case you want to look anyone up Practitioner Locator - Frequency Specific Microcurrent (recommend the advanced search). If you like audio books, I have one that was written for the lay person about this that Iā€™d be willing to give you a copy of.

1 Like

I am learning so much from you! So that one day I ate protein for breakfast and lunch I wasnā€™t hungry like all day. Then the last few days I had a high carb breakfast and I was starving by 11.
Gah, we are on the same wave length or somethingā€¦ I am having ā€œLady timeā€ tooā€¦ well I donā€™t start for like 7 days but Iā€™ve figured out that my low energy and PMS starts early. Itā€™s all downhill from hereā€¦
I am also sick too! I caught a cold. Probably from the airplane. Havenā€™t gotten COVID tested. It feels minor but it still sucks. So I am just taking it easy. I didnā€™t work out yesterday. I know once I get back into the swing of things I will kick ass. Just gotta listen to my body sometimes.
Hope you feel better soon!
Just scrolled down and saw your before photos!! You look amazing!! You just motivated me to get off my ass and stop being such a baby. :joy: Here I goā€¦

3 Likes

LOL I forgot to respond about the yoga poses. I definitely CANNOT do those poses!!ā€¦ but I love how much faith you have in me. I follow Larygayoga, she is INSANE!!
Also yoga is all about the breathing so even if you just sit on your mat and breathe, apparently that counts as yoga. :heavy_check_mark:Haha.

1 Like

Ok! Iā€™m going to teach out tomorrow to see if she has a contact in Utah!! Thanks to the new Housewives, Iā€™ve gotten a little glimpse into what Utah looks like lol beautiful!!!

Yes, Iā€™ve done FMS as well as TENS. I donā€™t have insurance, but maybe Iā€™ll look into it again. I shattered one kneecap when I was 16, and in a long term TC. I also have Osgood-Schlatter disease that went untreated so I have that extra bone growth. Iā€™ve been in pain my whole damn life, so I never said anything to my parents because I thought everyone had pain all the time. Also my damn tinnitus. Iā€™ve had that my whole life and I was sooooooo pissed when I found out everyone didnā€™t have it and that there is such a thing as true silence without night pitched eeeeeeeeeeeeeee :angry:
Iā€™m a mess lol. The one time I did tell my parents about pain, I was a little, little girl. I was a flower girl at my 2nd cousinā€™s wedding, and I had a debilitating migraine. My dad was like if you donā€™t freaking smile and cut the shit, I will show you what pain really is. So, thatā€™s the last time Iā€™ve ever said anything :woman_shrugging: And that day sucked lol.

Yeah, and with the BOD coaches, they are just people that chose this over pampered chef and have not background. I WILL NEVER KICK A PAMPERED CHEF PERSON OUT IF MY BED, lol. Most of them should have done that, then I would love them haha. I donā€™t even cook, but I love me some pampered chef.

1 Like

Girl! Yep! I like to have protein with every meal. Iā€™ve managed to keep down oatmeal again (@anon83587935 you mentioned oats as well. Good stuff! I sooooo feel you on the bread too. It would wreak havoc on the intestines :flushed:)
I just had to use more water. I liked making it like solid. I donā€™t know, I guess so I could actually get it into my mouth because Iā€™m a lazy eater if that makes sense. I donā€™t like to put too much effort into it. I just want to get it over with and it usually takes forever.

I tested positive a few days ago. I knew I had it because I felt like I had the flu and I ha fever for a day. Iā€™m starting to feel better, but today Littles was shaking from a storm outside, I was sooooo tired, so I wrapped her up like a teddy bear (she loves when we sleep like that, me too haha) and we took over a 2 hour nap! I was so tired when I woke up that we just went outside so she could potty and Iā€™m back in bed. I skipped my evening workout because my body told me to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Even it I donā€™t need a lawyer, it would help to know that. Also Utah is beautiful. It is worth coming to see the national parks.

A lot of insurances donā€™t cover FSM unless the practitioner is able to slip it in under some code that will work. Itā€™s a real bummer because it is so useful but a lot of people get priced out of using it. Frequency Specific Microcurrent probably saved my life. Itā€™s not a panacea, but it can do amazing things.

Aww man Iā€™m sad about that story. It can be hard being a kid, especially if your parents donā€™t listen to you (and really, lots of parents blow off their kids because kids can be full of crap :laughing: ).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Itā€™s so true. Also, Pampered Chef has such amazing stuff!

1 Like

I reached out to my friend, Iā€™ll let you know if she has a contact out your way!!

Iā€™m so tired of being poked and prodded. I had them sticking needles with electric whatever in my legs at one point. Didnā€™t love that haha

1 Like

Ok, new goal being added! SLEEP. I just donā€™t get enough and that needs to change. So maybe if I hold myself accountable. I just put so much on my plate that I donā€™t leave time for it :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is such a big one for fitness goals that I feel like gets overlooked all the time!

Iā€™m guilty of it myself because I only get four or five hours a night during the week (unfortunately with my schedule thereā€™s really no way around that) but on the weekends I usually get a minimum of seven hours a night.

1 Like