Daily Check in to avoid relapse. 🤷‍♀️ ANY support sincerely valued!

Manchester, England 10.40 am

Oh your in New Zealand aren’t you

I sure am :blush:

You can PM me if you dont wanna spam this thread lol

I could have taken a job and moved to NZ to live a couple of months ago

What made you decide to not take it? What was it?

It was a carpentry/woodworking job, I would absolutely love to have taken it, they are still available. I didn’t want to leave my parents here in England and I would miss out on my four year old niece growing up.
The pay was $60,000 ---- $90,000 a year. Is that good?

I would think so yeah. About 30 000 - 45 000 Pounds? If I did it right.

Yet I just checked it’s pretty much half :+1:

I dont know how much cost of living and so on is in the UK but 60 000 is quite good I think. 90 000 would be primo.

Checking in on Day 3.

:confounded::pensive: today was hard. Long story short my brother asked me for money for weed and I refused. As a result I am a bad sister and a horrible person and a liar for saying I would have his back but not. It reminded me of my days in deeper addiction. It’s difficult to see him that way because he is feigning a sesh. He blocked me now. My heart hurts but I feel like it was the right thing. I told him I love him and when hes ready he can message me. But he is adamant he is never talking to me again. I’m hurt. But at the same time I know why hes being like this. And who he is now is who I was. I’m sad. But I’m grateful the Lord has delivered me and all I can do is take a day at a time and make the right choices one by one. I love you all. Keep on keeping on :heart:

Any prayers would be so appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi there. You did the right thing regarding your brother. Absolutely. That was the most loving thing you could have done for him. I know it was hard. I will say a prayer for you @Swam this morning! I’m about to do my daily Bible/prayer time. Praying for you to have a clear mind, peace and strength to make it another day sober. Hugs :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:

Checking in on day 4. Thanks for everyone’s support. I’m backward long as day so off to bed. But another day sober praise God.

1 Like

Hard enough that you’re recovering from weed, but your brother too? That’s hard!

Yes, absolutely, you did the right thing. Giving someone weed money should be a nonnegotiable boundary violation. Not only does it jeopardize his sobriety. It jeopardizes yours as well. If he cuts you off for awhile, that’s a whole lot better than him coming to you trying to shake you down for weed money.

Congratulations on a successful day 4.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.

Checking in on Day 5.

Today was harder than yesterday. But it’s still another day sober.

2 Likes

You doing ok? Can’t remember what part of the world you’re in. Just checking on ya tonight.

Hey I just want to say that I’m on day 5 but I had a really similar day as you yesterday! At least I think I can relate. First I was feeling so frustrated that I let myself be in this position again or even in the first place. I was also just feeling so overwhelmed with the fact that checking in and staying on top of this was my constant daily life now. I was sick of talking about and thinking about it. I just want to say that today I feel a little better I feel a little more grounded and like this is doable. I’m really glad you checked in and I think it’s important to hold ourselves accountable but after I checked in yesterday I took a bath and watched some movies and just let myself let go a little bit which I think helped me to feel better today. So anyway I hope you feel better tomorrow and I hope you feel a little lighter knowing someone else felt the same way. Congrats on 4 days.

1 Like

Checking in on Day 6.

Thanks for the encouragement. It definitely makes me feel less alone. I am totally with you on feeling mad at myself. Like I’m tryna see the positive. But I’m so annoyed that I’m in this position again. And like I know if I don’t check in I’ll slip up again. Which I don’t wanna do. But I ALSO dont wanna have to do this lol I’m just a grump atm. Putting alot of pressure on myself too. So thank you for sharing. PM me if you ever need. Have an awesome day! And well done!

2 Likes