Daily diary of o French girl in the road to a new life

It feel so great :muscle:t2::blush:

1 Like

What’s in the plan today?

Today is a day off in France so at first I wanted to just chill cause I’m still tired. But I have an emergency at work so gotta go now :sleepy:

2 Likes

:confounded: oh well; life happens sometimes :innocent:

It’s a beautiful day in Marseille - a perfect day to walk home in the sun after work? Assuming you finish before the sun sets :city_sunrise:

1 Like

Day 4 : no alcohol, no weed but sadly I jumped on sugar right after work and ate two boxes of Oreo. :pensive: Not very proud of that but maybe it was the less dramatic of all three. And maybe my body was tired because as @Matt suggested it was a beautiful sunny day so I walked 15000 steps after work!

4 Likes

The Oreos are no problem. “Cut yourself some slack” as the expression goes: your body is adjusting to life without the calories of alcohol and there will be cravings. If it’s food or non alcoholic beverages, for the next year, just roll with it. Early sobriety is a time you have to be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to adjust; don’t try to control what you don’t really need to control (for the moment, what matters is controlling the alcohol and the weed).

You have permission to do anything that’s safe and legal, to stay sober, and that includes being flexible about your food intake. Take it one day at a time, and remember, every day that your head hits the pillow sober, is a win.

Good for you on the walk! You should snap some photos and share here, if you’d like - I’d love to see some of the scenery where you are.

Yes you’re right :blush: I’m very proud about my sobriety because I know that after a day like that it would have been easy to drink something with alcohol or to calm myself down by smoking. At least I chose Oreo which was the best idea I guess :blush:

4 Likes

Actually I have a picture of something I saw during my walk today. But don’t ask for any context… I have geniunly no idea :joy::joy::joy: I took the photo precisely because it was unexpected and nobody would believe me

7 Likes

Absolutely. You did the right thing. Be gentle with yourself these days. Be kind. Treat yourself the way you’d treat another person who was recovering in your situation: with kindness and compassion :innocent:

1 Like

Wow! It’s like someone had a dinner party that got washed away with a flood :hushed:

Thank you so much for your kind words :blush: it gives me so much motivation. :muscle:t2::blush:

And yes :joy::joy: but regarding the aspect of the chair I can’t stop imagine a sort of French king sitting alone here :joy::joy:

1 Like

1 Like

Swept away by the tides of history.

That’s a really cool looking pic though.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: I’m dead

1 Like

Aww thank you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks really professional in my opinion

1 Like

Smartphones’ magic i guess :joy:

1 Like

I agree. They have some crazy features on them.

1 Like

C’est tard ici au Canada mais bientôt ce sera le matin à Marseille -
and what better way to wake up than to a portrait of Marseille, taken by France’s own Thomas Pesquet, from the International Space Station:

He has a series of photos on his Instagram from summer (August) 2020 that he calls the “Vacances en France” pics. It’s really cool: pictures of iconic French cities. You can see the shape and many of the key structures like harbours, mountains, arrondissements… it’s like seeing it from a cloud.

This photo of Marseille doesn’t show any confused French kings, but you probably have to zoom in more to see them :innocent:

2 Likes