Daily diary of o French girl in the road to a new life

Hi everyone!
As some of you suggested and because I saw that kind of threads here, I decided to start a daily diary. Today I nearly lost my job and tried to do the unthinkable. This made me realize that I don’t want that. Not like that. Not now.
So I start this thread to help me focus on my physical and mental health and to get rid of what’s destroying me. I hope that might help others than me. This would give me a greater purpose than just fighting for me. So feel free to join my journey.
So Day 1 : no binge, no week but alcohol.

Have a nice day everyone

25 Likes

It takes something big like that to help a lot of people realize they need the help, and need to make changes in their life. Glad you didn’t lose your job but glad you’re going to make the changes you need to make to stay on the right path. Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress.

2 Likes

Reading these public journals that courageous people are putting out here has really helped me a lot. Thanks for being one of them - someday I’ll feel that strong too

5 Likes

Tu es française ?
Je suis en Suisse romande.

Bon courage ma belle! C’est mon premier jour sobre aussi. Je me suis rendu compte que je n’avais plus envie de vivre et l’alcool était ma façon d’être anesthésiée. Le travail sera dur, j’ai beaucoup de monstres du passé que je doit confronter. J’habite très loin de ma famille et je ne travaille pas. Les jours sont toujours très pénibles… l’alcool me faisait compagnie mais il me détruit petit à petit.
Je suis sure qu’on arrivera, tu verras!

3 Likes

Courage! :blush: Merci beaucoup :blush::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Day 2 : no binge, no weed, no alcohol
Successful day but feel really exhausted now…

6 Likes

Sleep. You’re allowed to do anything that’s safe and legal, to be sober. Sleep is safe and legal :innocent:

You deserve to be good to yourself!

4 Likes

Congrats on making your new diary, it helps a lot, last weekend i drank like crazy , and on monday i regreted for doing it, so on monday i took a piece of paper and wrote the feeling i felt while waking with a hangover and all the negativite that alchol has, i read this thé full week and this weekend i did not feel the urge to drink cause i l realised on monday through what feeling i have to go through. Hope your diary helps you too.

Bonjour de Clermont Ferrand et courage

3 Likes

I’m about to go to bed in Canada but soon it will be time to wake up in France so… how are you? How did you sleep? What’s in your plan today?

3 Likes

What time is it in Canada matt

It’s all of the times. In Montreal it’s 11:00 pm now; in Edmonton it’s 9:00 pm; in Vancouver it’s 8:00 pm. It’s bedtime :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes that’s a good idea to write down negative feelings after falling into your addictions. Because later on it helps you remember how destructive it is, which is something we tend to forget anytime we have a craving. :blush: And I’m glad my thread might help :blush::wink:

Et bonjour de Marseille :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yep I’m waking up :blush: it’s 9 am in France.
I think I’ll go to the cinema today because I know this is a place where I can’t do anything else but watching a movie. So I’ll choose a very long one :joy:.
I slept well, for 12 hours. Which is good cause today I have full energy to fight against myself :muscle:t2::blush: I have faith in me

4 Likes

Un petit coucou du Québec :slightly_smiling_face:
Moi j’en suis maintenant à 43 jours sans pulsions alimentaires ou ‘binge’! Mon défi dans les prochaines semaines sera de passer a travers mon déménagement sans flancher… On lâche pas!

4 Likes

Perfect. You have permission to do anything that’s safe and legal, to maintain your sobriety. You can spend all day at the theatre. (I did something very similar in my early sobriety. I would regularly spend all day at a shopping mall food court. It was noisy but I was sober.) You can cancel plans. You can eat pizza three days in a row.

You can do anything that is safe and legal, to stay sober.

Another good way to pass the time (because we discover we have a lot of time when we get sober), is to attend a meeting - this link had in-person and online options:

There’s also online options here:
Online meeting resources

For me, meetings were the place my recovery really took off. It was the first place I felt understood and I felt I had a community with me. It’s true we sometimes

but we don’t have to do it alone :innocent:

2 Likes

Than’ you so much for all this help. I already think this thread was the best choice of my life after two years trying to fight alone and going back to day 1 again and again. The movie theater was a great idea. Day almost finished and already feel like a success :blush::muscle:t2::blush::muscle:t2:

3 Likes

1 Like

So guys… Happy to announce that day 3 : no binge, no weed AND no alcohol :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

7 Likes

Woohoo! Happy for you :smile: It feels nice, doesn’t it?

1 Like