Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Good evening all,
Today I’m grateful that work was ok and not crazy. I’m grateful that even though I didn’t sleep good, I feel alright. I’m grateful that it’s almost the weekend.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes

Today I am grateful for being healthier now it was stressful today and I handled it quite well
Today I am grateful for myself and not giving up even in times when I’ve wanted to
Today I am grateful for my friends that have supported my sobriety and are still here for me, I can’t thank them enough
Today I am grateful that I have a himilayan salt lamp that chills my anxiety out in the evenings
Today I am grateful that I am able to come back into my own shell
Today I am grateful that I will go to sleep tonight and not wake up hungover tomorrow

Have a great night everyone :metal:

16 Likes

I’m grateful tonight for the calming walk I had by the river with the dog girl. That I unplugged for a bit. I love my time here - seeing my Mom and catching up with pals here - but it’s full and busy with working too, and I still need my me-time.

I’m grateful I take me-time with walks and books and coffees and such and that I’m done thinking my me-time is a glass (or 4) of wine.

I’m grateful for the fresh local produce from the weekly market stand today. That I met a pal there and we walked and bought and chatted away. I’m grateful for my family of friends.

I’m grateful I seem to have reached a new level of being less concerned about what others think of me, about the path I’m on, whether I’ve met their expectations, etc. I don’t aim to hurt others at all, but just need to live my life true to myself - which means some may be disappointed. Or not. Their thoughts of me are theirs to own. Oddly, more self-acceptance seems to translate, for me, into more of an easy acceptance of others as they are. Grateful for that.

I’m grateful it’s time for sleeping. I feel a good one in the works!

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful to be alive, lest we wouldn’t even be here… :pray:

10 Likes

So grateful to be sober. Last nite was close. But i didnt drink. Grateful for faith and the ability to remain strong. To be not hungover this am on day 16. :cherry_blossom:

13 Likes

Hola grateful amigos! :wave:
I’ve missed you! Today I’m grateful:

• For a much needed and heart-filling visit with my family
  • That we made some tough but smart decisions when I realized I wouldn’t be able to go camping with my husband and in-laws after my wrist surgery and that his family has been very understanding and supportive
  • That my husband has had a wonderful visit with his family after not seeing them for 4 years
  • That my 2 yo niece recognized me right away when she first saw me after seeing her last in May
  • That my little Miss Lupe has been such a rockstar well behaved dog on this trip! And that I could have her with me as emotional support while I’ve been hurting
  • For the really meaningful conversations I’ve had with my parents, for the freeing joyful laughter
  • That Eric gets back mid day today and we will have some time to hang out with our besties - my brother and SIL - and that we get one more visit with my niece
  • That we are heading home tomorrow and will sleep in our own bed tomorrow night!

I’m grateful for this recovery community and for those of you who are making gratitude a daily practice, or even just trying it out or finding time at times to recognize what you’re grateful for. It’s worth it.

Finally, I found this helpful site with tips for cultivating a gratitude practice. I’ve shared an article here before, but this is a bit more distilled and easy to digest. Hope it helps someone.

16 Likes

This morning I am grateful for a hangover-free, clearheaded start to tue day and a great sleep last night. I am grateful for my loyal and loving pups and sassy amd curious kitties. I am grateful that my son will come home today and wants to come back early. I am grateful for my very close friend who is moving but sent silly gifts for my son showing him how loved and appreciated he is. I am grateful for friends who love me regardless, and I, them. I am grateful for my job and the Saturday shift. I don’t love working on the weekend, but I am grateful nevertheless for the great job where I can work from home. I am grateful to see Eric is doing ok! Grateful for all of you and TS…rock this day!

14 Likes

Grateful to be sober.

Grateful for the yummy brie i just had a piece of.

Grateful for my comfortable bed that I can rest in before the nightshift.

Grateful for modern medicine and that @Dazercat is feeling well. :two_hearts:

Happy Friday Gratidudes :tada: grateful for you guys. :purple_heart:

16 Likes

Good morning.
You are a rare gem, an exclusive, a limited edition. There is only one of you. Have an amazing day.

I’m grateful “It’s A Wonderful Life.”
I’m grateful for all the well wishes from all of you.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful for my wife.
I’m grateful for my children.
I’m grateful for my pets.
I’m grateful to have the means to come to Santa Monica and get fixed up.
I’m grateful for my shower yesterday.
I’m grateful I got an appointment with the nurse practitioner early this am.
I’m grateful I’m sober and hangover free.
I’m grateful to God.
I’m grateful I can walk.
I’m grateful I don’t have to exercise for 2 weeks, doctors orders :rofl:
I’m grateful for you all, gratidudes, and especially all your gratitude.
:pray:t2::heart:

16 Likes

Good morning family.

I am grateful not to be stuck in an unhappy marriage anymore.
I am grateful that my parents and I live so close.
I am grateful that I am able to take such good care of my animals.
I am grateful that our summer has been so amazing.
I am grateful for my super yummy coffee this morning.
I am very grateful that the desire to be creative has returned.
I am grateful for medication.
I am grateful that I have become so much more patient in the last year.

:orange_heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful my heart is in sinus rhythm and I can fly home Sunday.
:pray:t2::heart:

15 Likes

Hello fellow gratitudes! Today I am grateful for:

• another sober day
  • getting to bed at a reasonable time so I can get up early tomorrow for an exercise session
  • for knowing that I will turn up to the exercise session because I won’t have a hangover in the morning
  • for being able to talk to my partner about his stress levels and mental health in general. Really talk and connect rather than it turning into a shouting and blaming talk.
  • for feeling able to plan a whole weekend of possibilities because I’m sober. Not just half a weekend because the rest of the weekend I would be drinking.
  • for feeling a bit less tired today.
  • for being present every moment.
  • for my cat, who has taken to coming into bed at night and sleeping on my head. I woke this morning with a limp paw on my face. Bliss!
  • for @Dazercat being able to go home soon with nice clean bits!
  • for @RosaCanDo for being so thoughtful and sharing interesting articles. Thanks lovely lady.
    Happy sober Friday everyone!
    :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:
14 Likes

Im grateful for my nieces and nephews

I don’t have kids but I do love them all like my own

I just got a picture of my 2 year old nephew holding a gallon of milk with a baby bottle top to it

Very funny and it made my day

13 Likes

Good morning, all.
Today I’m grateful to be hangover free on another beautiful summer morning. Sober summer is incredible.
I’m grateful for the WhatsApp message from a friend first thing inviting me out for a walk. Grateful that I’m in good enough health to take him up on it, and that I had the time and the flexibility to do it. Also grateful for the free and easy conversation that we had, and the nature that we observed.
Grateful to come home to my family and my apartment, where life is good.
Grateful for everything that sobriety has given to me, and for the things that it has enabled me to see that I had already, but was oblivious to.
Have a great day, all. :blue_heart:

14 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for laughs at work today. Grateful that it’s the weekend. I hope to get the kids out for a little hike up in the mountains tomorrow. I’m grateful that I am listening to a book that inspires me, and makes me look harder at my life, and things I was drinking to avoid. It’s not easy, but being sober makes it possible to face the scary stuff in life. I’m grateful to have examples to follow when I don’t know what to do. I’m grateful to read all of the gratitude here, and for the reminders that life is good.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

14 Likes

Grateful i finally accepted that biking this summer was over before summer began.

Grateful that the girls accepted the door to the bedroom closed during the night.
Grateful that although Dora doesn’t eat this food she is healthy, eating the snacks and playing like a maniac with Paula.

Grateful it’s weekend. Grateful I am still sober.

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for a nice clean and sober and productive day. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the grati-dudes. I’m grateful I had a nice visit and meal at home with a friend, thats the first time I have had company here let alone be able to cook someone a meal and just have a regular type friday evening. I’m grateful for music, excersise and laughter.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

16 Likes

Tonight I’m grateful for the day I had, the time I had here this week. I’m grateful that this time tomorrow night, I will be back home, asleep in my own bed.

I’m grateful that we saw the bear from afar this morning, the dog girl and I, on our walk, and that he was too busy eating berries to care about us. He was big and beautiful and - best of all, far away!

I’m grateful that we saw my Mom again tonight, the dog girl and I. I’m grateful Mom’s residence lets me bring the dog girl in, as most of the residents just love to see a dog. I’m grateful the dog girl just eats it all up (and does a way better job meeting people where they’re at than I do!).

I’m grateful for the beautiful nighttime walk I took after seeing Mom, at some botanical gardens she and I used to walk together. A way of still spending time with her, somehow. So much has changed, but the loss just tells me the enormity of all I have to be grateful for.

I’m so unbelievably glad I’m sober. Especially this week. Or I would have been consumed with strategizing when and how I could drink with everything I had going on. What a burden! I’m grateful I don’t carry it anymore. I’m grateful to the gratidudes for being here, for shining a light on how rich our sober lives really are.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

Today I am grateful my son is home safely from a trip and excited to share stories. I am grateful he is happy in a very sweet relationship - warms my heart. I am grateful for my new gym, the coaches and classes - I immediately feel at home and as though the workouts are exactly what I need. I am to have peace most days with some tough emotional days here and there and to be able to see the difference, feel the feels and work to understand the roots of my perspectives and insecurities helping me to start dealing with the pain instead of letting it marinate in fermented grape juice. That kind of pain just grows a nasty, soul -crushing parasite. I am so grateful for each day spent sober, TS, and the gratidudes. Hope today is even better than the one before. Enjoy!

12 Likes

Gratefully sober. For my health…home…dog…life in general is good. For zoom meetings. For having a clear mind

15 Likes