Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on my booze.
I’m so fucking grateful for this coffee this morning.
I’m grateful the little headache I have isn’t from drinking and hopefully the coffee will chase it away.
I’m grateful I think the headache is probably from sugar overdose.
I’m grateful I’m pretty confident when I get back home I’m going to cut way back on my sugar intake especially at night.
I’m grateful I’m passing this test of my sobriety by being alone and not drinking.
I’m grateful I’m going home tomorrow.
I’m grateful for my wife and children and pets.
I’m grateful I’m forcing myself to lay around in sloth mode @apes2020 :joy: it’s really hard work. :grimacing:
I’m grateful I can Uber to brunch at one of my favorite places by the beach and slowly stroll home.
I’m grateful for how much I miss my wife.
I’m grateful for gratidudes! :crazy_face:
I’m grateful all is going to be well.
:pray:t2::heart:

Life is better when you cry a little, laugh a lot, and are thankful for everything you got.

17 Likes

Good morning family.

This morning I am grateful that I listened to my body yesterday and stayed in bed allllll day.
That I am more present in conversations than I was.
I am grateful to be able to take my daughter out for a special day today.
Super grateful for my cautious, observant nature.
Grateful for all the amazing movies available to me at home.
For the rain that came yesterday.

17 Likes

Good evening gratitroops! Today I am grateful for:

• waking up extra early this morning to get some chores done around the house.
  • making it to my Bootcamp exercise session in the park, hangover free!
  • having the energy when I came home to got out and get more things done with my fiancé.
  • picking out some new furniture with him for our newly decorated room. What a wonderful privilege. We feel so blessed.
  • no urge to buy alcohol in the afternoon like I normally would.
  • a civilized family dinner tonight, with us all sober, present and talking. Really awesome.
  • afternoon naps! They are the best!
  • fresh clean bedding, and being the first in the bed :joy:
  • planning a long walk tomorrow, somewhere new.
  • knowing there’s a great chance that will actually happen as I will be hangover free in the morning!
    What an amazing day!
    Happy sober Saturday everyone!
    :hugs::pray::hugs::pray:
17 Likes

Good morning, all.
Grateful to be waking up clear headed and hangover free on another beautiful summer morning. Grateful that I slept well. I needed it. Grateful that yesterday’s all day headache has disappeared.
Grateful that it is Sunday. I love Sundays with the family. Our weekly ritual of preparing a nice meal together, and sitting together for hours eating it is my absolute favourite part of the week/month/my life.
Grateful that I am back in sync with my wife. Sometimes we oscillate at different frequencies and despite it not being a huge problem, life is a lot better when we are in harmony.
Grateful that I have a job that I love, and that time away from it enables me to realise that. The summer holiday always does this little number on me. I’m back in in just over a week, and far from dreading it, I really can’t wait. I’m pretty good at it when I’m sober, and I’m the most sober adult I’ve ever been.
Grateful for my friends and family. There’s a lot of love in my life and I am extremely fortunate to be able to say that.
Grateful for every comment in this thread. I can sometimes skim through some of the other threads if there are dozens and dozens of posts to read, but I read every word patiently and deliberately in here. Thank you all.
Have a great day. :blue_heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for guiding me through another productive clean and sober day.
I’m grateful for tears and that I allow myself to cry now. I’m grateful for what @Its_me_Stella mentioned the other day about not being stuck in a bad marriage and my tears are those of loss embarrassment and relief as it took my wife dying for that relationship to end. I’m grateful that I believe she is in a better place and is happy to see me trying to live a better life.
I’m grateful for my family particularly my parents and sister. I’m grateful to have the place to myself again tonight as it means I can crank some tunes while I do some dishes make a snack and not be embarrassed and try to fight off these tears. I’m grateful that earlier I made some kick ass pizza for the guys and staff at treatment. I’m grateful that I got to share honestly and sincerly at the NA meeting I chaired tonight and on here. I’m grateful that someone left a pack of smokes on the table and that I still won’t smoke one cause fuck that I quit drinking, drugging and smoking. I’m grateful that I can use righteous anger if I choose. I’m grateful for humor, laughter, excersise and music. I’m grateful for TS and the gratidudes.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. I could probably go on but I don’t need to. I’m going to cut myself a break, it’s ok, you can too. Ya you!!

16 Likes

Yah you did, fucking miracle hey? Love it!!!
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Yes!!! Sugar hangovers are brutal.
:crazy_face:

I am on day 2 of my no refined sugar… you can be my twin-not-twin for this counter too!!!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Let me just finish up this tub of black raspberry chocolate chip gelato, I’m so grateful to be eating, and I’ll join you. Been seriously thinking about it.
I know sugar is bad for inflammation. But do we have to give up dark chocolate too?

10 Likes

I think that is acceptable… in moderation.

7 Likes

Grateful being sober.
Grateful it’s Sunday and another day off I need. Grateful I am okay not excecising much atm. I move but exercise few, it’s okay. I always am I a pressure.
Grateful the girls are fine. Grateful they let me brush them. I told my family yesterday that they are like three year olds with acute dementia having the affection what a small cat can get.
Grateful for food, a roof over my head, grateful I can come here with my mood swings without being pushed away.
Grateful that after rain comes sun. Grateful I can see this now. Grateful that although my third years seems so different from the first 2, I learned a lot and maybe grow. Grateful I found a new friend.

12 Likes

I’m grateful I made it safely home to my wee abode in the north.

I’m grateful for the short hike in the beautiful foothills the dog girl and I did on the way home, and the calm it filled me with.

I’m grateful to read all these posts - tears, yes, and harmony, a day in bed, going home, the love of kittens, family and dinners, all of it. We’re a rich bunch of people…

I thought a lot on my drive about 5 big ones that don’t really change from day to day (in no particular order!):
(1) I’m grateful for my writing courses and projects, what these mean to me. I’m grateful to be sober because now I’m actually giving them the time and energy.
(2) I’m grateful for my health. I’m grateful to be sober because I can manage it a whole lot better - my sleep, my meals, my exercise. I’m grateful to be able to get to nature so often, grateful I know how important this is to my mental health, to my sobriety.
(3) I’m grateful for my home. I’m grateful to be sober because I can also manage it too a whole lot better - chores, bills and all that stuff, and making it my little sanctuary.
(4) I’m grateful for my parents, my friends - my family of friends. I’m grateful to be sober because I’m a lot better friend when I am. The dog girl is fam - I’m so grateful for her, and I’m sure she’s grateful I’m sober too.
(5) I’m grateful for my work. I’m grateful to be sober because I can do a better job, but more importantly - balance work with the rest of my life a whole lot better.

I think that’s a good start. :wink:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Grateful for sobriety and the tools and support to maintain it. :heartbeat:

12 Likes

I could have written this, Emm - although it wouldn’t have been so eloquent. I really identify with so much of it. In particular being able to manage aspects of my life so much better now. Grateful to you for getting it down.

9 Likes

Today I am grateful for the longer sleep I was able to get last night as well as the open day to do what I want and need to do around the house. I am grateful for this yummy coffee and a simply feeling better in general. Having a little bit of a tough time emotionally this morning with a few things that have crept up, but grateful for being able to deal with those soberly. I am grateful for the gratidudes and TS of course!!

13 Likes

Good morning Talking Sober!! :sunny:
I’m grateful to God for my life.
I’m grateful to God I don’t drink anymore.
I’m grateful to God I don’t need booze.
I’m grateful to God “I don’t even want any fucking booze!!”
I’m grateful I get to wake up early without an alarm clock.
Grateful to be up early with my coffee, devotionals, gratidudes, with a good amount of time before I head to LAX.
Grateful for the day I had yesterday.
Grateful for a good bye Mexican dinner with my daughter and SIL.
I’m grateful for my little condo in Santa Monica.
I’m grateful for my ice pack.
I’m grateful for all my blessings.
I’m grateful my recovery from the ablation is like :100: better than ten years ago. I didn’t realize how much of a horror show it was ten years ago. I was in pain and black and blue for a couple of weeks. :scream: I got none of that! I feel fine. And frankly I look pretty good. :slightly_smiling_face: Unless Alisa is lying to me :blush:
I’m grateful to be flying home sober.
Flying sober? Been there done that!
I’m grateful I can picture those 2 tail wagging dogs, and Benson jumping up on me when I get home.
And even by breakfast time tomorrow the cats will be lovin on Daddy again. :smirk_cat::kissing_cat:
Grateful for my sober life.

Don’t forget, while your busy doubting yourself, some else is admiring your strength.
Kristen Butler

16 Likes

Im greatful i can be a a*$ sometimes
My boundaries were crossed so now no1 is allowed at my house :laughing:

I will turn them around at the door babbii

Feed me the fire :fire:

12 Likes

There’s a brand of chocolate called Lily’s that has no sugar and is delicious. It is made with stevia, which I usually dislike, but this chocolate tastes great! I am grateful for dark chocolate, especially Lily’s!!

6 Likes

Thanks Aimee. I just made a huge “nasty” :nauseated_face: face when I read the Stevia part. :rofl:
I might check it out. Since you don’t like stevia either.

5 Likes

I’m grateful for new friendships and old ones. I’m grateful for water slides and enjoying them like a kid. I’m grateful for laughter and for braver to try new things. I’m grateful for long walks with great playlists. I’m grateful for my family. I’m grateful for virgin cocktails that make being out around drinking a little easier. I’m so grateful for mornings without a hangover that make me realise this is worth it.

13 Likes

Good morning family.

I’m so grateful for the people on this app that take the time to reach out, offer suggestions, words of encouragement, or even the ones that just show up daily fighting their own battles that prove to me over and over that this can be done. I am thinking of one quiet warrior in particular @Aleyadaisey whose story I have been following since they got here and whose strength and determination in their battle has really inspired me. So thank you. :heart:

I am grateful for the nice time I spent with my child yesterday, it was stress-free for her, and we had a really nice time.
I am grateful for the sun today after a couple of days of needed rain.
Always grateful to be substance-free, as exhausting as addiction can be for me I know that without substances in my body I will always have a much greater chance at keeping this demon at bay.

15 Likes