Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Beautiful.
:orange_heart:

8 Likes

I am very grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful to be up before work doing my gratitudes with all you wonderful peeps.

I am grateful to be heading into a long weekend with a different cooking plan for each day and some chores in mind which will help give me structure.

I am grateful for the little fun bed tent/sanctuary I have created in my room which helps me relax and chillā€¦ and for the 2 foot lava lamp that is coming tomorrow to add to said sanctuary. :volcano::fire: :hugs: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober, and for a little bit of warm bright sunshine after a few good days of rain.

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for the British language. You guys always crack me up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God for helping me have a productive, entertaining, clean and sober day. Iā€™m grateful for all my family, friends and all you grati-dudes. Iā€™m grateful to be home and relaxing in bed early tonight. Iā€™m grateful that I can keep this post simple tonight.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Big virtual hugs and high fives for all. Why? Because you rock, thatā€™s why. Ya you!!

13 Likes

Good evening all, Iā€™m grateful that itā€™s almost the weekend. Iā€™m still grateful for all the rain weā€™ve been getting- thunderstorms the last couple of early mornings is unusual and pretty cool. Iā€™m grateful for my adorable and strange dogs. They make me laugh. Grateful for you guys and this thread.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

14 Likes

Good morning, all.
Very grateful to be clear headed this morning. Went to visit some heavy drinking friends last night and only got home at 3:30am. If I had been drinking I would have been full of hangxiety and self loathing this morning - not to mention feeling like dying. Grateful to just be feeling a bit tired.
Grateful for our car and the ability to drive it wherever and whenever I like nowadays. In the olden days, it was out of bounds a lot of the time.
Grateful for my last weekend off work before getting back to it next week. Grateful to be getting back to it next week.
Grateful for my bed. It feels like a place I donā€™t want to leave this morning.
Grateful that Iā€™m feeling stronger in my sobriety than ever before. I feel more and more like a non drinker. Itā€™s not even a thing with any of our friends anymore. I just donā€™t drink. Itā€™s no longer a discussion point. Grateful that I am more and more confident in joining in the chat. Grateful that Iā€™m no longer fearful that what I have to say is a bit dull without the ā€˜fuelā€™. The exact opposite is true, and the more I see that, the more my confidence grows.
Grateful that I am noticing new things that I love about sobriety every day, and that other feelings that I had already noticed are getting deeper and stronger. As I approach the end of a complete summer break with no alcohol at all, I am unbelievably grateful that I have managed to make it stick this time. I love my new life and everything that it brings.
Grateful for all of your posts. Joining this thread has been a huge turning point for me - in a time full of turning points. Thank you all.
Have a great day.

13 Likes

Grateful for not drinking despite been so worried about not working and earning.
Greatful for the nice chats i have with my son and he likes being at home, enjoying teaching him to cook, something i never did :pensive: but its never too late.
Grateful for clear head in morning and having the energy to get up and tackle the day.
Grateful for no leg night cramps and sweats due to alcohol
Grateful for thinking ODAAT it works

Grateful for this community :pray: :heartbeat:

15 Likes

Grateful to be clear clean and sober this am. No hangover allows me to not only feel physically good but also maintain clarity patience and calm while i take care of my dog post surgery. :paw_prints::paw_prints:

10 Likes

Grateful for each day. Grateful for each night. Grateful for the stars in the sky, grateful that I can count on them being up there, as well as the moon, and the sun.
Grateful to see the contentment, pride and happiness from being sober in so many of the people on this site.
Grateful that the ones who are less content are logging in, learning, and also wanting that peace with their sobriety.
Grateful for so much. Grateful for all of you.

9 Likes

I am so very happy for you. Your whole postā€¦
Youā€™ve come a long wayā€¦ you will never regret your decision not to drink. Iā€™m grateful that you persevered till you discovered you really didnā€™t need alcohol for anything.

8 Likes

Thanks, @Alisa.
Your kindness and support has meant a great deal to me recently. I have seen you doing it for other people across the forum, too. I am grateful for everything that you do for everyone in here - especially me! :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I made it through the day with no extra added sugar. From now own Iā€™m just going to say ā€œsugar.ā€ Iā€™m tired of writing this ā€œextra addedā€ shit.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not headachy and my back hurts less worse.
Iā€™m grateful I am going to break down and buy a daily pill thingy because I just canā€™t remember if I took my blood thinner or not last night. Iā€™m so fucking old. :grimacing: Might as well pick up a walker and a life alert button while Iā€™m down there :scream::grimacing::rofl:
Iā€™m grateful to realize if it HELPS me remember my pill at night, then get a daily pill thingy and accept the fucking HELP! It sure is better than sitting here wonder if I took it last night and what do I do about it.
I better be grateful for Daisy on my lap now because the dogs are barking and she doesnā€™t like it and Iā€™m about to get shredded. :joy:
Iā€™m grateful I was able to take Alice to the vet yesterday so my wife didnā€™t have too.
Iā€™m grateful for the nice burrito bowl I made last night.
Iā€™m grateful my wife will probably decide weā€™re having lunch out so I only have to cook one meal today.
Iā€™m grateful I started my new thread about quitting sugar. (The no extra added stuff :joy:) the support as usual from TS has been overwhelming.
Iā€™m grateful for ODAAT
Iā€™m grateful for the Serenity Prayer
Iā€™m grateful for my health. Itā€™s pretty fucking good.
Iā€™m grateful for my wife and kids and house and home.
God bless the healthcare workers and first responders everywhere and pray for their safety if you got a chance :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
:pray:t2::heart:

In the same way the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, the spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Ro 8:26

15 Likes

Please donā€™t hesitate to use the pill thingy @Dazercat. In my line of work, I recommend them to folks from their 20s to those in their 90s daily as they work and they help. We all forget shit. Also you can throw on a lil of your hip hop when you sort your meds if it makes you feel any better.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Today I am most grateful for the sleep that my fitbit scored as a 94!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, who got a 94 on her sleep? This gal. Feeling like a million bucks and have already had a nice morning with my son. I am grateful for his maturity and our relationship growing and changing as he grows and changes. Things are so much different than when was little (as they should be) and I am so happy to see him grow and develop into a young man. He told me yesterday he is taking an elective closely aligned with my field and that he knows heā€™ll do well, because I am his mom. I will treasure that forever and ever. My self esteem and confidence turned to utter shit in the last 5 years so things like that turn my world upside down in a good way. Happy to be happy today and I know that it is only because I am sober without a hangover that today is a good one. Hope today is smooth sailing for all and if the waves arise, TS is here!!

11 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful for my recovery and all the challenges and blessings it provides. Iā€™m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. Iā€™m grateful that I slept well. Iā€™m grateful that I have a quiet day planned of groceries, eating said groceries and a AA meeting tonight. Iā€™m grateful that I got a call earlier from my counsellor about courses for school. Iā€™m grateful that I have a list of doctors I can call as I need to find one locally. Iā€™m grateful that I do have more to do today than just groceries.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Donā€™t forget to take a moment to just smile and breathe it feels good. Ya you!!
p.p.s. hey franzi @anon74766472 how are the kitties, do you post pics on a certain thread?

12 Likes

Grateful for this day five to have driven across the state from visiting my sister, sober. Scary but true, that I used to drive drunk. Not proud, ashamed, but for today, am sober and safe.

Blue Springs Conservation Area

12 Likes

Iā€™m so grateful I never ever have to wonder if Iā€™m ā€œOK?ā€ to drive ever again. Such a relief. Very pretty pic. Congrats on day 5 :pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

@Dazercat definitely one of the top reasons to get sober, I was realizing today. I could have hurt someone or worse. Five isnā€™t much but a good start. I hope all is well with you. Thanks for checking in! I always appreciate your insight and shares. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Tonight I am grateful for:

• the week finally being over. Itā€™s been a tough one.
  • for someone at work checking in on me and me having the courage to tell them how I really feel. I apologized throughout and know that I shouldnā€™t have but I just canā€™t help it. @Dazercat is this a British thing? We always apologize for everything!
  • for not having any contact with my boss today, so I could briefly forget what a tosser he has been lately.
  • for the skip that turned up today and all the crap we can get rid of. No place is safe! Loft, shed, spider infested cupboards- I am coming for you!
  • for the weekend. A possible lie in tomorrow, hopefully with Captain Kruger and lots of cat purrs!
    Happy sober Friday everyone!
    :pray::hugs::pray::hugs:
12 Likes