Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

This is soooo not the thread for what I am about to post - but a few of us at work have fun with these. My colleague sent me this: :laughing:

3 Likes

I share these all the time, hilarious!

2 Likes

Grateful for you all here.
Grateful for summertime coming this weekend :grimacing:
Grateful for being sober.
Grateful for having a job. Enough food and money to buy the things I need (and often don’t need :roll_eyes:)
Grateful for music to sing with and dance with.

7 Likes

I already googled the website.
Don’t get me started guys.
@RosaCanDo
:crazy_face::joy:

2 Likes

Today I am thankful that the weekend is about to start and I will be able to visit my family. Also I have a week of vacations to come. I am very grateful for all the kind hearted people in my life above all my family, my girlfriend and my aunt. I am thankful for this community as well!

Mhh is thankful and grateful the same by the way? :thinking:

8 Likes

Happy Birthday!! Big five oh! And sober. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Today I’m grateful:

• that I have 200 glorious (some of them, anyway) sober (all of them!) days today! I just love round numbers.
  • that I am feeling good right this minute.
  • that I get to watch my hunky guy do yoga while I type this.
  • that I am feeling up to catching up on housework, cleaning out the fridge and maybe even cooking!
  • that I am missing my Chucho boy, but the changing seasons gives me an opportunity to think on memories of him.
  • for my TS amigos!
12 Likes

I grateful to God I do not drink.
I’m grateful to God I do not depend on booze.
I’m grateful to God for the strength for 1 and 2.
I’m grateful I’m sitting on the couch with the old dog girl IN MY CHAIR again :grimacing:
I’m grateful for her loud rhythmic breathing not quite snoring. I guess she needed a nap after breakfast.
I grateful for dog “chuffies” and cat “grumbles”.
I’m grateful for more March snow :snowflake: :cold_face::upside_down_face: or I’m trying to be. At least it’s a pretty dusting and there shouldn’t be any ice and next week looks like sunshine all week.
I’m grateful for my family and pets.
I’m grateful Benson just came over to “sit pretty” and wave his funny short legs at me.
I’m grateful for the peace and quiet of my mornings.
I’m grateful my sister is cleaning out her house because they are moving soon and she sends me pics of silly little family things, like she has one of Dad’s tiny little note pads that he always always always, did I say always, kept in his shirt pocket. You know those real tiny note pads. I bet you know M. And he had a little grocery list written down on it. Im grateful for the memory of Dad with his little note pad and mechanical pencil in his shirt pocket. Always :heart::heart::cry:
I’m grateful I had the best parents. I feel they really did do the best they could with what they had.
:pray:t2::heart:

The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, it starts feeling like one.

9 Likes

there is a nice article posted on this or gratitude list #1 that explains really well the differences between grateful and thankful thanks to rosacando

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday. I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and all you gratidudes/ettes. I’m grateful that I’m up early again today even on a day off, that I already have cleaned most of the house, got two loads of laundry in, did a 26 minute meditation as part of a monthly challenge since todays the 26 tomorrow is 27, you get it :grin: I’m grateful for the twelve steps. I’m grateful someone is coming today to fix some of the plumbing and the heater or thermostat, even though it’s not too cold now my housemates and I would like it to work so we can use air conditioning soon too. I’m grateful that these “problems” are minor compared to when I had nowwhere to live. I’m grateful for my health that is good enough to allow me accomplish these things. I’m grateful to God. I’m grateful for my recovery from lots of things back surgery, drugs and alcohol but today particularly from nicotine four months as of yesterday and I haven’t smoked a cigarette in six months. I’m grateful to God.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. You are a blessing in disguise. Ya you!!

p.p.s. just read through and wanted to remind you all that your funny and awesome, slaying school , hunky yoga husbands, dads mini pocket notes I remember them small pads and to say… congrats on 200 days @RosaCanDo
@Jennajen nine months is wonderful thats a big deal, congrats

9 Likes

Here’s that article that Brian mentioned. It helped me a lot! Hope it helps you.

3 Likes

Thank you, amigo! I’m grateful for you!

1 Like

Thanks! That will be my good night read today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the sunshine I’m grateful for my health I’m grateful for my struggles like I’m having right now I’m really craving a drink it’s the strongest it’s been in 6 months I hope talking about it will take the power out of it! I know where drinking takes me and I’m not willing to go back there I probably would not make it back! I’m grateful for my fur babies they are the center of my universe and I’m just gonna lay here snuggling them with the warm sunshine beaming on us and just relax! I usually have a hard time relaxing cause I feel like there is always something to be done but something is telling me to just stay put and be in this moment

10 Likes

Enjoy relaxing with your fur babies. I know exactly how you feel. And the way I figure it, on days or afternoons, like your having, if I don’t pick up. If I don’t drink. Then I’ve accomplished more doing that than if I was busy doing something. Glad you checked in I hope it helps. Give Atlas and River and extra hug from me.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

2 Likes

I’m grateful I came across this the other day.
Good a place as any to put it because I often feel this way.

7 Likes

Love love love this thank you for sharing

1 Like

Mine, too! Thanks @RosaCanDo

1 Like

Good evening all,
Today I’m grateful for my mother in law, who lives with us, and helps me so much. We didn’t get along many years ago- in fact she hated me lol! But as time passed and kids came, we grew to be pretty good friends. She is always there to help and support the kids, and she does awesome things like making dinner on a Friday night!
I’m also grateful for the cloudy, drizzly day today. I like a day like that sometimes.
Everyone have a wonderful night❤️

9 Likes

I am grateful.

I am grateful for life.
I am grateful for the sun.
I am grateful for the wind and air that we breathe.
I am grateful for waking up this morning.
I am grateful for restful sleep.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for my mistakes, especially the ones I learn from.
I am grateful for my home.
I am grateful for my transportation.
I am grateful for my career and business.
I am grateful for friendship and family.
I am grateful for sobriety.
I am grateful for 2nd chances.
I forgive myself and I’m grateful about that.
I am grateful for the clean slate god grants me tomorrow morning.
:pray:t5:

9 Likes

I’m grateful to the good end to this long work week, checking in here with the gratidudes and all the excitement on the other thread too.

I’m grateful the good dog girl is feeling better. (We were out 4 times the night before last, and twice last night, but the situation seems to have, er, solidified since - TMI I know!) I’m grateful for vets who take time to talk on the phone.

I’m grateful for the companionship of my dear dog pal.

I’m grateful for the camaraderie around here. Yes @Dazercat I know exactly the notebooks you speak of! I’m grateful I have a small collection of hand-sharpened carpenters pencils. Dad had a lot of them. and a couple little notebooks too.

I’m grateful the arrival of a weekend and a slower week next week is all I need. No “reward” of blotting out time by drinking. I’m grateful to be sober. Super grateful for this place where we celebrate and support our sobriety - the joys and struggles.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

8 Likes