Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

You hit the nail on the head, M. This is also how I feel. And a sense of relief. I’m grateful for your gratitude today!

5 Likes

Grateful for two years without a drop of alcohol today, and grateful for 21 months off drugs.

10 Likes

Congrats on 2 years! And the 21 months too! Amazing.

And I’m grateful to you for starting this thread. :pray: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on those milestones!

1 Like

Hello all,
Today I’m grateful I’m grateful that my daughter did not in fact break her wrist when she went flying off her skateboard. I’m grateful that I was sober and not hungover, or had already started drinking when it happened so I was able to calm her down and make the quick decision to go to urgent care.
I’m grateful that today was nice and relaxing, aside from that incident!
I’m grateful that we ordered a steak dinner which we ate in the comfort of our home and watched a movie.
I’m grateful for my family and for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

9 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you. I’m grateful to God thank you helping me get through another day clean and sober. I’m grateful to God thank you for getting me home on time to post my gratitude before midnight. I’m grateful for my recovery and all the challenges and successes that it supplies.
I’m grateful for my family and that my parents are visiting for a little while tomorrow. I’m grateful for my friends. I’m grateful for TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for the one on one counselling I just had tonight spur of the moment that took up over an hour and has given me lots to think about and strive for. I’m grateful to God.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. you are amazing. ya you!!

p.p.s. congratulations on two years @DuncanNZ and 21 months. Don’t stop now :muscle::muscle:

10 Likes

Grateful for this sunny day before winter is coming back.
Grateful being sober, able to laugh wholeheartedly watching some series. I love laughing. Even stupid ones. I love it.

10 Likes

Happy Easter!:sunrise_over_mountains:
Grateful to God for life.:pray:
Grateful for ten days and feeling blessed.
Grateful for health.
Grateful for feeling committed to staying sober.
Just grateful all over. :slight_smile::heart:

10 Likes

I am grateful to be free of cravings, alcohol and food, today
I am grateful for a strong roof to keep out the rain
I am grateful for work opportunities and challenges
I am grateful my children are getting older and more independent
I am grateful my husband makes a pot of coffee every day

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for my coffee.
I’m grateful for my hearing. Just watched The Sound Of Metal last night. Oscar nominated movie.
I’m grateful for my vision.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful I quit poisoning my body with alcohol.
I’m grateful for my walks.
I’m grateful for my family.
I’m grateful for my pets.
I’m grateful to see the bright blue Stella Jay in the green ponderosa pines out my windows.
Did you know they are clean :crazy_face: windows :joy:
I’m grateful to be following everyone’s journey here on TS. You all have so much insight to offer.
Happy Easter to you all :pray:t2:
:pray:t2::heart:

The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.
Mary Davis

11 Likes

Today I am grateful…

…that I can have another gentle home day.

…for the good long walk I had with the dog girl early. Normally we save the big one for the afternoon, but we mixed it up today and now she is tuckered and snoring.

…for my frig and cupboards full of good things to make and eat, my closet with more than enough clothes (am so not updating my work-ish clothes til’ this thing is over!), that I have everything I need here, and for my little home in general.

…for my pals near and far, and for the gratidudes and gratitroops, and all the support I have to be me, to be and stay sober, and to recover my beautiful life.

…for all the amazing memories of my folks and the home I grew up in, the home they made.

…for another day. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for guiding me through this new part of my journey. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful that I got to see my parents for almost a couple hours today. I’m grateful for TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful to be watching the queens gambit on Netflix the last couple days its pretty good. I’m grateful for the sunshine thats brightened my mood today.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. I think you are incredible, in fact I know you are. Ya you!!

11 Likes

I am grateful to be sober. ODAAT.

I am grateful for the nice nap I just took in my comfortable bed.

I am grateful to God for giving me strength when I don’t feel like I have any left and grateful to have been blessed with such great parents.:two_hearts:

12 Likes

Good evening all,
Today I’m grateful for family and laughs.
I’m grateful for good movies, new and old.
I’m grateful that watching my husband drink doesn’t make me want to drink. I’m grateful that there are threads on here to help me with that area.
I’m grateful for this thread and the Gratidudes/Gratitroops.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful for a sober Easter I’m grateful for my family coming to dinner I’m grateful for my health I’m grateful for all of you on this site!

11 Likes

Im grateful for work even tho I’m unsettled with it right now. I’m grateful for God in my life and a beautiful Easter weekend. I’m grateful for.the ability to have focus and health. And for friends and family in my life. :heart:

11 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday. I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for laughter and humor. I’m grateful for my health. I’m grateful that its nice out so I’m going to get in a nice walk. God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

p.s. never forget how awesome you are. ya you!!

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God I do not drink.
I’m grateful to God I do not depend on booze.
I’m grateful I got my Daisy cat on my lap this am.
I’m grateful it’s easier to wake up before 7 now that it’s lighter earlier.
I’m grateful it looks like another beautiful sunny day.
I’m grateful I’m getting my second Moderna shot Wednesday.
I’m grateful after a couple of weeks of being vaccinated we can get the fuck out of here.
I’m grateful my daughter got her first shot so when we get out to Cali we shouldn’t have problems seeing her.
I’m grateful the new normal for us, whatever the fuck that is, might be just around the corner for us.
I’m grateful we did our part by hunkering down for over a year and not going anywhere or doing anything.
I’m grateful I’m sober.
I’m grateful for all the support here at TS and especially y’all :heart:
:pray:t2::heart:

Pray before you over think.

10 Likes

Today I am grateful…

…that I have the day off of work still - extra long weekend.

…that I have a few more days off this week (in lieu of days worked last week when I was technically off… :grimacing:)

…for things I’ve read recently and the words of others that are a great comfort to me.

…for having the energy to putter at some projects at my desk and in my place, and also for letting myself know when to rest and just chill. (I think I used to drink so I would be forced to chill - sigh!)

…for my sobriety, for waking up hangover-free and shame free, for believing that life could be so much better, and for support to be and stay sober.

…for another day. :orange_heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful that I’m sober today. I’m grateful I’m home and the heating is on and my little cat is in it’s bed and I will be in mine in not a very long while. Grateful that I can sleep in tomorrow morning and just have 2 days of late shifts to go before a four day weekend, and after that just a week and a half to go until 2.5 weeks of vacation. Grateful for our system that allows me six weeks of paid vacation a year. Grateful for a full mug of Greek mountain tea with honey to sooth my aching throat. Grateful for this place and for you all. Grateful I can feel the love and give some in return.

12 Likes