Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

I am so grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful to have almost successfully made it through the work week and I am looking forward to taking a nice walk outside in the warm weather tomorrow.

I am grateful for this community. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Today Iā€™m gratefulā€¦

ā€¦that it was a really, really, fucking hard day - after a fucking hard week. No, two weeks. That werenā€™t supposed to be the way they were, but - they were not in my control.

ā€¦that during this day, I didnā€™t add to how hard it was by making mental shitstorms and writing other stories in my mind about why it was hard and what people were thinking, etc. Well, only a bit - but I caught it.

ā€¦that for the first time in a long time, I thought about a drink - a whole bunch of drinks - but I knew I wouldnā€™t drink because I donā€™t want to. Iā€™m grateful I just knew that really I was craving a chemical escape from the hard stuff.

ā€¦that I took the dog for a walk while I was still mad and sore about it all, and a little ways into the trail, the tears just came - and I just let them. Iā€™m grateful I could say all the things to the trees that are really fucking hard right now, and how I feel like Iā€™m sucking at all of it, and overwhelmed, and sad, and mad. And itā€™s not fucking fair at all. Iā€™m grateful they just listened and didnā€™t judge me. They never do.

ā€¦for the part of the trail that turns around, back into semi-civilization, where itā€™s paved path, and I was tired and a bit lulled by my cry and things didnā€™t feel quite so bad.

ā€¦for the yummy salmon dinner I cooked, and the tunes I played.

ā€¦for the dear pals I had a spontaneous message gab session with tonight, whose companionship and camaraderie filled my soul tanks. No drink ever did that.

ā€¦for the last few writing assignment tasks and discussion board posts with classmates to work on tonight and tomorrow. Way better than a drink.

ā€¦for all you gratidudes and gratitroops, and TS too.

Iā€™m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

10 Likes

@M-be-free49, I think you are incredible for facing the day- the past many days- and knowing that you could make it through without a drink. I think it shows a lot of strength, and even more strength to be able to face the feelings that followed. I hope that the tears helped wash it away, and I wish you a relaxing evening :heart:

7 Likes

Good evening all,
I am grateful to be home. Iā€™m grateful to read all of the gratitude lists on here. It is always such a help to me. Iā€™m grateful for TS, and all of you guys!
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you, Sunflower! I might reward myself with a pretty new mug. :wink:

2 Likes

Grateful being sober. Hit me just now after a good nightā€™s sleep that the things from yesterday would have just perfect for anger and drinking bc of this some years ago. Grateful I can let them go more easily, of course with a lot of help from you here.
Grateful itā€™s weekend. Grateful I can imagine not stressing out when to be on my bike as it s summertime. No hurry needed.
Grateful being sober. I already said that. Grateful for the mirrors I get here everyday, willingly or not. If they trigger or hurt me - it is MY problem. And vice versa.
Grateful for hot chocolate.

8 Likes

@M-be-free49 thank you for you honest and moving post, and well done for facing this monster of a day and seeing it through without numbing the pain. You are a warrior!
:pray:

3 Likes

Good morning gratidudes. I slept in out west looks like Iā€™m here first today. I guess Iā€™ll put the coffee on itā€™s a lovely Italian espresso roast.
:coffee: :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
Iā€™m grateful for the smell of bacon
:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:
Between the 2 someone will show up.
Iā€™m grateful to be cooking bacon this morning. It smells so great.
Iā€™m grateful I woke up thinking about M I hope youā€™re ok and have a great day today. Or maybe another cry in the woods. Thereā€™s a lot of tears in my trail in the woods here. Itā€™s such a great relief.
@M-be-free49
First thing I did before gratitude was to check your days M. Could be the old milestone malady coming hard at ya. Not to invalidate your feelings or anything or to scare ya. But my 300 milestone malady was the worst. And I knew it was coming after the 60, 90, and 120. Even though I knew it was coming it was emotionally hard for me. Good thing I had nothing else on my retired old ass schedule but to sit on my deck and feel it. And take my walks. And if it didnā€™t drink. I won! Nothing else mattered. It can be scary at times you are actually doing this. You are becoming a non drinker.
Iā€™m grateful I can be here for ya.

Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t depend on booze.

9 Likes

Sorry had to tend to the bacon. :bacon:

Iā€™m really grateful the other day I caught myself saying something sarcastic to my wife after one of her comments. She didnā€™t notice I caught myself. Itā€™s just that after 38 1/2 years we really know each other. And thereā€™s no way sheā€™s going to do whatever she said she was planning to do. But the good thing is, Iā€™m grateful I got to make up for it this morning when she said something and I fully supported her and threw a hard jab at the joking sarcastic comment that was in my head, and instead I was supportive. It sounded funny coming out of my mouth too.
Iā€™m grateful I learned the origin of the word sarcasm at my kids rehab. Sarcasm. Greek. Tear Flesh. Think of that next time you want to be sarcastic. Go a head look it up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Iā€™m grateful for all you gratidudes.
Have a great weekend.
:pray:t2::heart:

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1Peter 5:8

7 Likes

Today Iā€™m gratefulā€¦

ā€¦that I could come here yesterday and pour out my day instead of pour glass after glass of wine.

ā€¦for the kind and supportive words and replies from others, and for this whole thread and the vibe weā€™ve got going on here.

ā€¦yes, still grateful for those trees, and even the crows. Sometimes I yell at them. (This is me sober. Can you imagine me not?) And they never seem to mind ā€“ we scrap for a bit and they donā€™t hold a grudge.

ā€¦that rough patches donā€™t last, and that I can get through them sober when I reach out for what I really need. It will be okay. Everything will be okay, and I can do and get through it, one little bit at a time.

ā€¦for sweet potato tortilla chips. For my fave little studio offering a 21-day stay-at-home virtual yoga challenge that starts tomorrow (we are back to lock-ish-down-ish). That I got my hair cut. That my writing courses ended well and another one starts next month.

ā€¦that itā€™s cold and blustery outside today, and thatā€™s ok. Iā€™ll make a nice warm day at home. And be grateful for all of you gratidudes, for all of the support I have to be and stay sober, for my family of friends, and the difference a sleep can make.

ā€¦for another day. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Iā€™m so grateful for this! :point_up_2: It made me laugh. And I swear the smell of bacon can come through the screen. Even the dog girl is droolingā€¦

Iā€™m grateful for your thoughtful words and perspective. Iā€™m so grateful you can be here for me too - (you and your retired old ass schedule?!) I think youā€™re right. More sober days is more time to sort through the mental attic. Thatā€™s happening too, I think? Thank you, friend. :orange_heart:

Ok, gotta go get these thoughts of bacon outta my mind! :laughing:

4 Likes

Short and sweet gratitude today. Grateful to be taking a technology break today (right after this :wink:) and that I will be starting the ā€œfinishingā€ of the sweater I knitted today. Canā€™t wait to see the final product and post a pic of my ridiculous fuzzy blue sweater!!! Grateful for conflict and dilemmas that make me think about complicated human stuff. Grateful my husband made me a breakfast burrito. And grateful for this thread and my TS amigos. :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Grateful for waking.up sober. For having weekends and a beautiful day. For being able to get things done in a comfortable time witbout3 hassle or hurry. For being able to enjoy the little things in life and feeling relaxed. :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

Iā€™m greatful for the fact that my truck still runs.
Iā€™m greatful that I had the money to fix it.

8 Likes

Good evening all
Today Iā€™m grateful for the time spent with my husband working on the garden and looking around a plant nursery we had not been to before.
Iā€™m grateful that I got my hair cut and colored today- it always makes me feel good.
Iā€™m grateful for the job I have that allows me to afford these things.
Iā€™m grateful for this thread and the people on it.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for my my family and a great birthday party for my oldest grandson
Iā€™m grateful for the 2nd birthday party for one of my long time friends.
Iā€™m grateful I was able to be there sober while others drank and it not bothering me at all
Iā€™m grateful for my home to come back to because it brings me comfort to sit on my couch and decompress from the busy day
Iā€™m grateful for the spring time watching all the trees come to life and the smells of all the flowers

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for another productive day. Iā€™m grateful to be getting home safe and going to bed clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful to get to post and read everyones gratitude to end my day. Iā€™m grateful that @Dazercat son is killing it. Iā€™m grateful that @M-be-free49 got a hair cut and is sharing her skills as a writer. Iā€™m grateful that @CapriciousCapricorn has a powerful female in her corner. Iā€™m grateful @RosaCanDo is granting herself a tech break. Iā€™m grateful @Jennajen got the course she wanted. Iā€™m grateful for my recovery from cigarettes havenā€™t had one in about 8 months. Thatā€™s been so much of a struggle as I am surrounded by people still smoking itā€™s making it really hard. It also makes it a little more rewarding that I am still fighting and not just giving up or running like I used too. Iā€™m grateful that itā€™s been over 17 months since I had a hangover, and over 14 since I last did any drugs let alone my drug of choice. Iā€™m grateful to God.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Youā€™re awesome. Ya you!!

9 Likes

I am grateful for laying my head down on my pillow SOBER and for waking up with a clear head for the past 13 days so far!!!

10 Likes

I am grateful for my higher power god of my understanding my guidance my tupuna (those who have passed before me). Iā€™m grateful for waking up sober and cleaning about to go to bed without having to drink or drug. Iā€™m grateful for the gifts of recovery my favourite gift my family. Iā€™m grateful for a beautiful day.

9 Likes

Good morning everyone. I wish all us gratidudes a purposeful, fun filled spiritual day.

Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you. Iā€™m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. Iā€™m grateful for my family and that they allow me, to be me while still pushing me to be my best . Iā€™m grateful that I got an invite to my cousinā€™s wedding out in British Columbia what a trip that could be from Ontario next spring, something to strive for. Iā€™m grateful for the twelve steps and the way they continue to shape my life. Iā€™m grateful for the connections I now have thanks to working my recovery. Connections with family, a higher power, friends, TS, and professionals where in addiction I had isolation. Iā€™m grateful and nervous that tomorrow I will be starting to work with an employment counsellor as I have been surviving and actually thriving off of volunteer work. Iā€™m grateful for the NA meeting I chaired last night and that it was very rewarding. Iā€™m grateful to be able to go buy a Tim Hortons coffee and breakfast in a minute. Iā€™m grateful that will get me some excersise and Iā€™ll get to listen to some music.

God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Believe in yourself as I believe in you. You got this .Ya you!!

9 Likes