Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Ooookay, I am very very grateful being sober. Again today. What make me grateful about this? Some time is wasn’t grateful for that. In fact I took it for granted. I was so over it. Peanuts it was. But I see it now, reading here and carefully listening to people around me. Reading here how the insane thoughts and anxiety that I know so well: nooo way, never again? How can I not drink? How can I survive in my life without the numbness. That was the question and fear that guided me through the day and after work directly to the next grocery store. Each day. So I am grateful today that I found the strength to give it a try and see what’s behind the fear of going through the day without alcohol.

What else : grateful for a sunny day and good. Bike ride. Now grateful for chilling in bed listing to audio book (Yuval Noah Harari: Homo Deus).

:pray::sun_with_face::blush:

9 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I got Daisy sitting on my lap purring.
I’m grateful for clean fluffy dogs.
I’m grateful for little things that I take for granted like running water. Indoor plumbing. Electricity. A good Internet connection. And a beautiful neighborhood. Our cars that just run on gasoline and I have no idea how that, or any of this works.
I’m grateful I’m a good cook.
I’m grateful for what I’m learning about people on TS. The good and the bad. But especially being able to scroll by what I don’t like without engaging and taking what I want and leaving the rest for someone else who might like it.
I’m grateful for @moderators on here. Even though I don’t always agree, they do a great job on here. Thank you for your time. And what I have learned from all of you about this app and especially the wisdom y’all share about your individual sober journeys. It’s priceless.
I’m grateful my house finally doesn’t smell like bacon :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: :laughing:
If y’all are around for brunch I’m making bacon egg potato and cheese tacos. I got plenty. The doors always open for the gratidudes :coffee::coffee::coffee:
:pray:t2::heart::bacon: :egg: :cheese:

Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful

11 Likes

Welcome Antoii,
To a delightful crazy bunch of people on this thread that are so so grateful to be sober every day because we are so worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• another sober weekend completed. I’m hoping that I’m finally getting better at all this as I hardly had any cravings.
  • for the opportunity to learn some sobriety tools. I’ve been making an ‘urge jar’ to help me with future cravings, and I’m loving doing it!
  • for more early morning energy. I used to hate mornings when I was drinking, now I’m really starting to love them.
  • for having the energy to do more exercise now.
  • feeling closer to my partner. Strange how we don’t argue or shout at each other half as much now.
  • for all the extra time you get back, when you don’t drink.
  • for my comfortable bed and great books.
  • for decent sleep and not waking up dehydrated at 3am.
  • for having the most laid back cat in the world as my buddy. He makes me so happy.
  • for the privileged life I have, full of so many blessings that I constantly take for granted.
  • for this forum, for my fellow gratitudes, for the supportive vibes.
  • for God and for whoever gives others strength.
    Nite nite everyone! :hugs::pray::hugs::pray: x
9 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

I am greatful for:
My God and Jesus’ sacrifice.
The food in my belly.
The fun book I’m reading.
The mini vacation I’ve had.
The fact that I have a job even if it causes me to loose my ever loving mind.
Yoga!
This good mood I’m in.

11 Likes

grateful
for my family, sobriety , life, being alone walking alone,
my higher power for TS FAMILY , for truck driving , to be amongst humanity and able to give something back , to be able to have the discipline to say no to drugs booze and alcohol ! lets gooo

10 Likes

Grateful to wake up sober. To have a home and job to support myself. Grateful to God for all the blessings and grace He has given me that are too many to list. Grateful for my health and my dog. Grateful for positivity and the ability to enjoy life. :heart::sparkling_heart::heart::sparkling_heart::heart:

8 Likes

I am grateful for my first covid shot
I am grateful for the sunshine working in my yard
I am grateful for my sobriety
I am grateful for my AA family always here to support me

7 Likes

Grateful being sober.
Grateful seeing my Co-dependent ways of thinking. Stepping away from them and realising them is a baby step into the right direction.

10 Likes

Grateful this morning for good sleep. :smirk: And for good coffee :coffee: and relaxed Monday wake ups.

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to remain clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. Good morning everyone :grin: I’m grateful for a bus pass on these rainy mornings. I’m grateful for music.
God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

p.s. you are amazing. Ya you!!

9 Likes

Today I’m grateful that I have a new puppy :grin: also that my son starts his first rugby practice. Also for you guys on here, that one doesn’t feel judged after a relapse. Ive been slacking on the time spent on here which I really need to work on keeping up with… I will be doing that

9 Likes

I’m grateful I have Maverick on my lap. I love the way it takes him forever to settle in turning around and around to find just the right spot and really get nestled in with me. He’s not usually my morning guy. Special day :hugs:
I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful to God I look forward to my mornings my 6 fur babies all waiting for me. Or breakfast :open_mouth:
I’m grateful for a good nights sleep.
I’m grateful I’m listening to the Big Book on audio during my walk for the first half and still have plenty of time to listen to music on the second half.
I’m grateful to somebody on here, a really long time ago, when I checked in and said I’m an alcoholic, I’ve never really said that before. Never out loud in a group or to people. But the gratidudess or gratidudette replied and told me I’m more than than an alcoholic. And she told me about some of my other good qualities. I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately since I’ve been listening to the Big Book. Thanks @Jennajen :heart: I think I would rather be referred to as “A Sober Person”. I have to admit I’ve never liked the way “I’m an alcoholic” sounded. It’s just so cool that many many many months ago someone from a million miles away said something to me and it’s made me think about in a real positive way all these months later.
I’m grateful the way this whole crazy deal at TS works if you work it. So keep coming back!
I’m also grateful for @Fnkychic her courage to come back after I think 82 days and start again. I’d like to send a personal invite to JK to join us here on this thread If she’s willing. I’m just so fucking happy to be sober and I think this gratitude thread has a shit load to do with it.
:pray:t2::heart:

We are more powerful when we empower each other

15 Likes

Today I’m grateful.

• I have a wonderful partner who loves me enough to be willing to stop a hobby that is related to what makes me sick. He is an amazing human. EDIT to say I told him he could continue but we established some new boundaries around it.
  • I have super friends. I had a two plus hour video chat with an old friend and it was so cathartic. We spent part of the time processing some trauma that we both experienced at the job we shared and it was really beneficial. Her father died from complications of alcoholism and I can be honest about my experiences with drinking. So grateful to have her as a friend for over 10 years.
  • My husband and I are texting while he is in a meeting and different part of the house, planning for our walk with Miss Lupe. I’m grateful that a little shift in routine based on his work schedule is not throwing off our general daily plans and that Lup is tolerant, lol. We usually call her Lup, or “Loop.”
    So so grateful for this community. Thank you for being a friend (cue the Golden Girls theme song.) :heartpulse:
14 Likes

Hello all,
I’m grateful that I spent a wonderful Sunday with my parents and sister and nephew. I’m grateful that my mom and sis were thoughtful enough to get me some small gifts for making 7 months sober. The words they wrote on the card really touched me. I hadn’t really said much to anyone about it because it seems strange to celebrate stopping something that I never should have let get so bad. They wrote words of strength and encouragement- and I really needed to hear that. The bracelets are awesome, but the words in the card were the real gift.
I’m grateful for TS and the Gratidudes, always!
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

12 Likes

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us and congrats on 7 months! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 7 months @Sunflower1!
What a nice surprise…that was very thoughtful of your family.

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the sunshine
I’m grateful my first covid shot has no side effects
I’m grateful to be done with a project my husband and I have been working on outside
I’m grateful to be going back to work next Monday
I’m grateful for another day of sobriety

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful for:
Hope of all kinds- personal, for others and for the earth
Perspective -alcohol, relationships, work, my place in the world
Motivation - eat well, sleep deep, drink water, care for my body, calm my mind
Balance - do some of the things and then do none of the things. Eat veggies and a doughnut. Run and lift weights and watch tv.
Change- I can change and that is incredible! :heart::heart:

8 Likes