• My cat adjusting well to van life

• Having a bed to sleep in

• Not having my house broken into whilst away

• Clean clothes

• A good nights sleep unassisted

• Another day sober

12 Likes

Good morning all,
Iā€™m gonna list my gratitude this morning because I definitely need to be reminded of it today. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s the last day of work before a break. Iā€™m grateful that I have a job that allows us the home we live in, cars we drive, and food we eat. Iā€™m grateful for the beautiful sunriseā€™s lately. Iā€™m grateful for my whole family. Iā€™m grateful that my son has taken an interest in fitness and mental health. Iā€™m grateful my daughter was up early and I got to see her before work.
Iā€™m grateful for all the Gratidudes.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for the full cart of groceries in front of me that have nothing to do woth alcohol and everything to do with a healthy week of eating from home; a great night of sleep; the time to take care of myself and our household before starting work; a weekend upon us; a long holiday weekend up next; a job I enjoy that pays the bills; coffee; the book I am reading and the gratidudes of TS.

11 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t depend on booze.
Iā€™m grateful I am not going to get liquored up because my back is killing me and all this other shit the past couple of weeks is starting to make me feel really depressed.
Iā€™m grateful we can go home to Flag we are no longer in ā€œsetā€ stage. We been downgraded to ā€œreadyā€ stage. We live in the forest so we are always in ā€œreadyā€ stage. But my fucking back is killing me so I donā€™t know what the fuck we are doing. And Iā€™m fucking sick of this shit.
Iā€™m grateful I can let it out here. And Iā€™m grateful I wonā€™t drink because that wouldnā€™t help a fucking thing.
Sorry for the rant. Fuck back pain.
Iā€™m grateful @dalex77 didnā€™t use last night. Fuck fentanyl Dan. Join us here and share what your grateful for. Like being alive. And all the people here that love you. We need you man. Get yourself to a meeting or something. Please :pray:t2:
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not in pain as I just sit here on ice.
Iā€™m grateful I woke the wife up to put the pet food bowls down on the floor. I just couldnā€™t. And Iā€™m grateful I asked for help.
Iā€™m grateful for this thread. I didnā€™t think I had anything to be grateful for this morning because of my back pain and wifey really wants to go home and my back pain could be preventing that now. :grimacing:
And I feel bad about that.
I know she totally understands and Iā€™m so grateful for that but I still feel bad that we can finally go home and now Iā€™m preventing that.
Sorry for the long rant of gratitude.
Iā€™m grateful I know this too will all pass.
:pray:t2::heart:

Sobriety is not an anchor.
Itā€™s a pair of wings.

Granite recovery centers .com

13 Likes

This take vulnerability and courage. I am so sorry you are in pain on top of all the stress you have been under. When it rains it pours my friend, let it all out we got you.
I hope you can get home and relax, good news your are in sinus rhythm though, that is damn good news. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

gguXs55Ih0T4FOLjBL

8 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I was able to put my sneakers on and help my wife walk the dogs. So I got a tiny bit of exercise. Iā€™m grateful she didnā€™t have to do it alone. Itā€™s a two person job with the old girl, Minnie, not my wife, :rofl:. With all the traffic and other dogs and UPS and bringing water for the old girl. Still Minnie. And picking up :poop:
And Iā€™m grateful my wife has the bed made so the dogs and I can lay down. Me with my ice pack.

12 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober, losing weight and on track to get in a good work week. Grateful to be single.

11 Likes

Love your list of gratitude here. I hope you have a restful weekend after this week!

3 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for long naps that are much needed after a long and busy week, physically and mentally. Iā€™m grateful for ticking things off to do lists. Iā€™m grateful for cups of tea in bed. Grateful for easy reading books. Grateful for music. Grateful for another day. Iā€™m so grateful that it is the weekend and Iā€™m not thinking about drinking. Iā€™m thankful that the steps Iā€™m using are working right now.

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God thank you for loving me and guiding my recovery. Iā€™m so grateful for my family and will get to see my parents for a few hours on Monday, that will be great. Iā€™m grateful that I had a whole bunch (hours)of wonderful discussions with different friends, sponsees and a former counsellor today. Iā€™m grateful for the chance to get peoples perspectives whether I like their opinions or views or not. Iā€™m grateful for music and excersise and humor, why i regularly lump those together i am not really sure.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. I am grateful for all you gratidudesā€¦ why, because you rock. Ya you!!

10 Likes

Grateful to be angry, because that shits going to drive me to f/ing change something. Grateful to be alive. Grateful to be sober. Grateful to not have to do this f/ing shit alone even though it feels like it at time. Grateful no one person can do this shit for me because itā€™s going to build my character in a way no one else can. Sorry for the swears anyone reading. Grateful for yā€™all on this post and @Dazercat whos a phenomenal leader in expressing gratitude, giving me somewhere to move towards as he has something that I want as they say in aa, grateful others have that flame when Iā€™m basically a flash in the wind.

10 Likes

Grateful to get that off my chest. Grateful for a warm bed, a roof over my head, a family to love, animals to pet, meetings to attend, people to talk to, a best friend, food, warmth, cats (even though Iā€™m not a fan, theyā€™re entertaining), biscuits (even though I havenā€™t been eating many), and smiles. Grateful for my willingness to keep going and admit my faults and f/ups. Grateful mistakes allow me a place to learn. Grateful for mediation. Grateful for the realisation that my beds a damn mess and every damn day I have a messy bed, a bit like my life every dam day thereā€™s a mess there if I donā€™t immediately clean house. Lots of love all peace out from NZ 10:03pm grateful for work tomorrow, and aa meeting tomorrow night, and Monday, grateful for a day off work Mondayā€¦ think thatā€™s enough from me for now!

11 Likes

congrats on your sober anniversary :slight_smile: thatā€™s incredible

3 Likes

Today I am grateful for

• how playing the piano improves my mood

• being able to change my partners wheel on her car

• The hive mind of the internet helping me diagnose the fault on my fridge

• Being able to catch up on sleep

• A healthy tasty meal last night

• Peace and Quiet

• Another day sober

12 Likes

@Jennajen huge congratulations on your year!

4 Likes

Good morning all,
Iā€™m grateful to be up early but naturally today. Grateful for my little electric fireplace to make it feel cozy in here, and grateful I can turn the heat off it so I donā€™t cook myself! Grateful I got an appointment to get my hair done today. Grateful I am just starting a week off of work, and that will give me time to clean and organize, and get my home into a comfortable order. Iā€™m grateful that as I write this list Iā€™m realizing that drinking during this time off never crossed my mind. I feel that as time goes on, although I do something recovery related everyday, actual thoughts of alcohol and drinking are not popping up. Not sure if that makes sense.
Iā€™m grateful that TS seems calmer at the moment, and Iā€™m grateful that I have this corner of TS to count on to be positive and helpful.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to be sober and clear minded.
Iā€™m grateful to be off of work for 3 days.
Iā€™m grateful for a healthy family.
Iā€™m grateful to watch my sons Tball game this morning.

@Jennajen Congratulations on hitting 1 year :clap: :raised_hands: :muscle:. Enjoy your day, celebrate, you earned it.

12 Likes

I am soooo grateful you have shared your journey here! Your learnings, your wins and your woes, your truths, your plans and goals.
Grateful for you.

And excited for you! Congrats, lovely Jenna!

All good things, one day at a time. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Today I am grateful for sleeping in on a Saturday and, further, doing so while my son was up and at work. Howā€™s that for a script flip! I am grateful my friend is letting me help her take care of some necessities following her sisterā€™s death. She is going through cancer and this happened unexpectedly and I am grateful to God that she is allowing others in to extend a hand. We all need help sometimes. Her sister was an alcoholic. Cause of death unknown, but, we know. I am grateful now she is at peace and no longer has to fight this awful disease. However, I will continue to fight and honor those for whom the battle was just too destructive. I am grateful for a simpler life without the running around and ā€œbusy-ingā€ to be something I am not. I am grateful for this coffee, the birds and a peaceful screened porch to ease into the day. As always, I am grateful for TS and all of you. Wishing peace and contentment for you.

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for God. I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful for God. I donā€™t depend on booze.
Iā€™m grateful I feel so much better today. Back hurts this morning but itā€™s the usual morning stiffness pain I think.
Iā€™m grateful I came on here yesterday and whined about my back pain. And meditated and breathed into the back pain. And we made our decision to go home tomorrow. And I think all that stress relief has helped my back pain. I was feeling pretty good by end of day yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful the fire has died down a bit and is not heading to Flag. But it is very concerning that it is still 0 % contained.
Iā€™m grateful there are monsoons in the forecast for Flagstaff and I pray for rain. We need it so badly.
Iā€™m grateful for all the brave firefighters out there risking their lives. God bless them.
Iā€™m grateful for the birds chipping out my screen door. Iā€™ll miss them.
Iā€™m grateful for the sound of Minnieā€™s rhythmic breathing on the couch here next to me. Itā€™s very soothing.
Iā€™m grateful for Benson and Maverick who are always by my side when Iā€™m lying down in bed resting.
Iā€™m grateful my chiropractor can get me in one more time this morning before we leave.
Iā€™m grateful for the gratidudes and I feel very comfortable sharing on this thread with you all especially when my gratitude turns into my daily life story.
Grateful for sober hangover free Saturday mornings and every sober hangover free morning.

Whenever I get panicky or sad or anxious or stressed I remind myself that Iā€™m sober and I feel a fuck of a lot better.

10 Likes