Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

2 Likes

Happy birthday, Jenna. That’s fantastic. I hope you enjoy your day and the summer :four_leaf_clover::birthday::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery and all the challenges and blessings that I continue to encounter.

congratulations on one year @Jennajen awesome work

edit… life on lifes terms in action, sometimes you gotta stop in the middle of crafting your gratitude and come back.

I’m grateful for persistence that others have with me. I’m grateful that I am learning to live the principles that are taught in the twelve step rooms. I’m grateful for my former sponsors and my current one. I’m grateful to be learning from my sponsees. I’m grateful that I get to cook pizza for dinner today for about 15 people. I’m grateful that I have an NA meeting tonight. I’m so grateful for my family and the nice call with my sister who is excited to be done teaching for another school year particularly this crazy one. I’m grateful for all the gratidudes and TS. I’m grateful for my health and that it continues to improve slowly.

God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are amazing. Ya you!!

8 Likes

Today I am grateful for a clear head. I am doing some online courses to upgrade my skillset. This wouldn’t have been possible if I was still drinking.

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful for a good drive home from vaccation. I’m grateful my cats are well and obviously didn’t forget me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m grateful for spicey food, only vegetable soup for one week is a bit boring at the end :blush:
I’m grateful it seems to be a bit cooler tonight so the house can air out, it definitely needs open windows and a lot of fresh air.
I’m grateful I go to bed and have my sleeping meds, otherwise there wouldn’t be an hour of sleep for me in this heat. And I need sleep, a lot of, still. Grateful that tomorrow is another day, and hopefully my husband will have brains and leave the house before I get up. I’m so sick of him, it’s exhausting.

11 Likes

A random gratitude mural on a wall on Santa Monica Boulevard. I though of all my Gratipeeps :pray::heart:

16 Likes

Grateful for the surprise visit from my sister. For time with family for the first time in months. For plants and flowers. For slightly unrealistic but compelling TV series. For pilates. For solo walks in the woods. For hopes for the next few months. For family to help me make decisions. For seeing my anxious cat become more comfortable in my mum’s house and with my mum; I will be leaving her here for a couple of months while I get settled abroad before coming back for her in autumn, so I’m so relieved to know she will be happy here.

12 Likes

Good evening family.

Grateful for the day I spent with my mom at the ocean.
Grateful for all the clams we came home with.
Grateful that I live in such a beautiful part of the world.
Grateful for the hot weather.
Grateful for technology.
Grateful to be clean.

13 Likes

I’m grateful for air conditioning. It’s incredibly hot where I live this weekend.

Grateful for fresh fruits and vegetables, virtual book club with my good friend this morning, my lovely calm sleepy cat, iced tea, and sunscreen. :sunny:

10 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• Having more awareness and consciousness now I live a sober life

• A good workout at home yesterday

• Speaking to my friend J who is getting healthy these days and keeping his graves disease in check

• Learning to not brush my teeth too hard

• Another good night sleep

• My Achilles tendons recovering and being able to walk almost normally again

10 Likes

What a beautiful mural @Dazercat! Thank you for sharing with all of us!

3 Likes

Today I am grateful for kind and like-minded friends with whom playing a simple card game soberly is a refreshing reset and invitation to laugh and be myself; for friends who don’t drink; for the bees who I can watch hard at work; for morning coffee to drink while everything is quiet except the birds; for a day where minimal plans exit and I can the day as it comes. Thank you all for being here!!!

9 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful to be up early, and for the quiet time it gives me. I’m grateful for coffee and sun rise. I’m grateful that my kids get as excited as I do about going to the book store. Anyone have any suggestions for books?
I’m grateful I don’t have much on the agenda today, and that’s ok.
Grateful for you guys! Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for my family and that they never really gave up on me, even when I thought they did or I gave up on them. I’m grateful for my health and that I can stretch to put on my socks and continue to stretch so I can take a bike ride. I’m grateful for the treatment center and supportive living. I’m grateful that while my housemate was actively using and drinking last night they gave me the option to stay there. I’m grateful I chose to come home and support my other housemates. I’m grateful that he’ll have a headache this morning, can’t always be nice to him, I’ll never fully be pure love , that would be unrealistic and/or egotistic, however I do wish him well as moves on and out if myself and my housemates have anything to say about it. I’m grateful for my friend Trevor and his girlfriend who have been spending time with me and sharing in their recoveries, giving me rides and even took me for ice cream last night. I’m grateful I didn’t have to come straight home unprepared into the chaos even though that’s what the “sick” part of me wanted. I’m grateful I am learning to take direction and advice and that I’m becoming capable of doing the same. I’m grateful to be learning to be a productive member of society. I’m grateful for music and the way it moves me woooo
I’m grateful for fun and sober card games as some one else mentioned. I’m grateful to read that @Sunflower1 kids like books and wish I could recommend something. I’m grateful to see @Dazercat is about to post good morning brother. I’m grateful @Its_me_Stella lives in a beauty part part of our wonderful country enjoy that seafood. I’m grateful for all you grati-dudes.
Godbless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. If you read all that you’re a champ. Ya you!!

9 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I’m up, too early, hangover free, and sober, as we will be leaving to travel home today. I’m so grateful I wasn’t guzzling side cars and wine all night like it would be the last time I ever get to drink again. And for that I’m grateful I feel wonderful this morning. Ya fucking wonderful!! And I haven’t even finished my coffee yet. I’m so grateful for that first sip of coffee that warms my soul and doesn’t have to fight a hangover head and stomachache.
I’m grateful for the stracciatella gelato (I bet it goes great with cake, hint hint, nudge nudge M )that I did indulge in last night. I made it a double :joy:
I’m grateful I feel great enough to drive home today. Please God bless us on our trip to arrive home safely. :pray:t2:
I’m grateful for my quiet time in the morning. It’s especially quiet this morning.
I’m grateful for all the celebration milestones that seem to be happening around here. I’m grateful we know we are worth it. And I’m grateful for the new comers, every day sober is a milestone.
I’m grateful I cherish every day I’m sober.
Grateful for my wife. I don’t know what I’d do without her. I’m also grateful I will be getting her out of the land of cocktails :scream:
Grateful for every ounce of gratitude and gratidudes :purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::black_heart::orange_heart:
:pray:t2::heart:

Alcohol will always always always make your problems worse, so when you want to drink because you’re struggling, always always always play the tape forward.
@ sobriety mentor

11 Likes

Feeling pretty down today. Sign that I need some gratitude!
I’m grateful for my backyard, coffee and watching birds.
I’m grateful for my health! My body is so strong and amazing even after all I’ve put it through.
I’m grateful for ear plugs so I can sleep well.
I’m grateful for clean air, clean water, sunshine and darkness.
I’m grateful for our beautiful earth and the moon and stars.
I’m grateful to be alive.
I’m grateful I’m not going to drink today.
I’m grateful for courage

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful for yummi lunch, we all liked it, especially my mum. Leftovers for tomorrow are in the fridge :blush:
Grateful for fur purr snuggle cats, several (!) decent naps during the day and a cool night to air the house. So it’s good night and I wish everyone restful sleep and sweet dreams :orange_heart::sleeping:

9 Likes

I’m grateful for an amazing lunch and successful jobs ticked off my list. For a long solo walk. For financial security. For my family.

9 Likes

Tonight I’m grateful for the good day I had, a quiet day, a home day.

I’m grateful the last thing I thought last night, after cratering into bed, was “I should really set an alarm”, and then I woke up 8 hours later, after a delish sleep. No alarm.

I’m grateful I got caught up on my writing assignment, and will finish a few other little course things now. I’m grateful for this course, the amazing instructor, and that though it challenges me - I love it. She shows us how to work through the challenges bit by bit. Lots of parallels with sobriety.

I’m grateful the dog girl’s vet appointment went well yesterday. I’m grateful there are alternatives to the dreaded cone. She has an inflatable collar on to stop her from licking and… I think she likes it. She looks like she’s headed to the airport for a long haul flight - maybe she’s gonna go meet TS contingent in Europe!

I’m grateful Eric and wifey and the fur fam are on their way home, and that he had gelato. I dunno who has anything chocolate without zucchini in it, but to each his own!

And @sunflower! What kinda books you looking to read? I’m grateful for stories and books and just how much I enjoy reading them. I neglected this part of myself when I hung out with a wine glass instead of a book all evening.

I’m grateful for a week ahead, another short week.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

@M-be-free49 ,Im open to just about anything. Except for this book, I think I’d like to have something besides recovery reading. I love to read, and I’m always amazed ( and grateful) at how I can be completely transported to a different time, or place, or become someone different for a little while. Wish I had some writing talent but oh well.
Any suggestions?

4 Likes