Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

I am grateful I have been sober for 14 days.
I am grateful for the firefighters and pilots that have kept the fires near me under control.
I am grateful that when I sleep it’s because I’m actually asleep and not blacked out.
I am grateful for my doctor.
I am grateful for the foodies unite thread. It has prompted me to rehabilitate my nearly 6 year old soughdough starter so I can resume my hobby of baking soughdough bread.

14 Likes

I’m grateful for @DuncanNZ for starting the first ever Gratitude List thread, and for @Dazercat and @I.cant.We.can for keeping it going, and for all who post their lists and, in doing so, increase the bandwidth of my own gratitude.

I’m grateful the big scary stressful meeting today is over and that it went well. I’ve got a deadline this week and one more tough conversation (maybe two depending how that goes) and then it’s a weekend. I’m grateful I can get through weeks like this sober, gratefully sober.

I’m grateful for the conversations - face to face - with colleagues. That we could laugh, even - in the midst of some stressful stuff.

I’m grateful that sobriety and gratitude help me keep stressful things in check, and help me notice all the lovely things we see on our walks (the dog girl and I) when I’m not in my head, looking ahead to my next drink. Today was crickets and butterflies and dragonflies and all kinds of beauty…

I’m grateful for the dog girl’s (snoring) company tonight. I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Holy moly! wow! wow! wow! Congrats, friend! That’s, like, a whole lotta days!

…a whole lotta days you were grateful, and shared the gifts of your recovery - yourself - with us. Grateful for you and proud of you!

And for all of us, no matter how many days each of us has. We did another day today. :wink:

p.s. did I ever say how grateful I am for your ps’s? Yours? I am! :orange_heart:

10 Likes

Woooohoooo
2 years no booooooooooze
Congrats on your sobriety

19 months no dope or boooooze!!!
CONGRATS ON YOUR CLEAN TIME!!!

Over 8.5 months no smokes… almost 9 fricken months.

Congrats on claiming your life back Brian one day at a time.

Love being on this journey with you.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

11 Likes

Grateful for the newcomer and the 2 girls coming back tonight.

:pray:

10 Likes

Good afternoon, all.
Grateful to back home after my first day in work. I worked from home yesterday. Today was in person, although there were no students in - so it wasn’t a real day. I prefer a normal day with students and teaching, but that will come. Grateful for the preparation time today.
Grateful for the comments from my colleagues telling me that I look well and that I’ve lost weight. It really helps to keep me motivated.
Grateful to have got a decent amount of sleep last night - but looking forward to being a bit more grateful in this regard tomorrow.
As I mentioned recently, I’m grateful for the time that I was able to spend on TS, and particularly on this thread, over the summer. Now that I am back at the fun factory, I have less time to read and post.
Grateful for the coffee (decaf) and little square of chocolate that I’m just about to eat.
Grateful to be sober today, having been clear headed this morning. My attention in meetings and clarity of thought is so much better now.
Grateful for all of your posts.
Have a great sober day.

15 Likes

Grateful to remain sober and dedicated to it. For my dog doing way better today. For my faith and a good yoga practice. :pray::paw_prints::heartbeat:

16 Likes

good morning friends!

• I am grateful to be hangover free and able to jump up this morning when the alarm went off - ready to get David from his bed and ready for his day!
  • I am grateful for my beautiful family and my new little granddaughter I get to meet today! I can’t wait to snuggle and spoil her.
  • I am grateful that my grandchildren are now just minutes away and not way out in Denver! I get to have many more mornings and days with them!
  • I am grateful for more opportunities to have my grandchild fall asleep in my arms in church! That is one of my favorite things and we didn’t get to do that enough when David lived in Colorado!
  • I am grateful for this beautiful summer Florida morning and the hot day to come!

Have an awesome day, Grat-i-dudes!

15 Likes

Good morning, glories - as my mom used to say :wink: Today I am grateful yesterday’s tornadoes avoided our house, school, friends and family. Hopeful for the speedy recovery of those affected. I am grateful for a sober and hangover free morning with coffee and fur-babies. I am grateful for a decent night of sleep. I am grateful for @Bootz gratitude list as it was clever and made me laugh. Grateful for reprioritozing my health and having the time and space to do so given my odd (to some people) work schedule. Walks and workouts are pretty much daily and that was not the case with my 8 to 5. Lack of hangovers is playing a major role in that as well of course. I am grateful for today’s dental appointment even though I can’t believe I am saying that. TS and the ever amazing gratidudes, always grateful!!!

14 Likes

I’m grateful for another morning hangover free, sober and sugar free ish.
I’m grateful for Pill Pockets.
I’m grateful I got my Pill Minder thingy.
I’m grateful I’ve already learned to not keep it in my drawer. :grimacing: Keep it in view.
I’m grateful I went to the Walgreen to pic up my prescription because I got a text they were ready. They told me they were having trouble getting my meds in and they were sorry it wasn’t ready and to come back in a couple of hours. I just said “OK.” The old me :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head:
I got home 10-15 minutes later and pulled into my garage and got a text my pills were ready for pick up :rofl::rofl::rofl: of course they are!!!
I’m grateful for another cool cloudy rainyish day a head.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful I’m under no physical restrictions today.
I’m grateful I’m going to be “slow and steady,” so I don’t hurt myself getting back out there.
I’m grateful we had a nice meal out last night.
I’m grateful for TS and all the great people I’ve met on here. I feel like I’ve been on here a real lot lately and it’s really helped me stay sober and convalesce.
I’m grateful I won’t be needing to use the word convalescing anymore.
I’m grateful for all health care workers, first responders, and firefighters everywhere. I pray for their health and safety along with the people of Afghanistan, especially the women.
:pray:t2::heart:
Whatever needs to be maintained through force is doomed.
Henry Miller

15 Likes

9 Likes

Grateful being still sober.
Grateful I went for a run. It is never sure where I go. I change my mind on the staircase. Today as I wasn’t even motivated to move a bit I took the stairs and exhaustion prevented me from overthinking falling in my mind trap. I enjoyed it very much. The air was fresh and dry. Not like August. I loved it.

I am grateful for this peaceful thread and you guys motivating me to come and write down some things I liked today.

Grateful being alone in the office the next days. Calms my mind.
Grateful for my antidepressants, Paula and Dora. They don’t know. But I know they keep me going for a bit.

Happy for the huge milestones I witness here @I.cant.We.can Brian :innocent::tada::confetti_ball:

13 Likes

Dbl digits!!!
P2MB29d7V3rhu

8 Likes

Congratulations on reaching double digits!

7 Likes

@Its_me_Stella aawww, thank you so much! Was feeling crummy today but thinking of my days as dbl digits makes me smile!! And I love the GIF! Thanks so much!! Have a great day!

9 Likes

@No_more_C2H6O thank you so much!

5 Likes

Sorry you’re not feeling the best today.

You know… the first ten days were absolutely brutal for me to get through so whenever I see someone make it to day 10 I feel relief for them. It is definitely worth a huge celebration in my books. I hope your day gets better.
:sunflower:

10 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and realizing that I need to do more to work on my sobriety like checking in more frequently.

I am grateful for ITR online meetings and how accessible that they are.

I am grateful that if I stumble along the way in sobriety or in life I don’t give up, i dust myself off, and keep moving forward.

I am grateful for this thread and for all u gratidudes. :two_hearts:

13 Likes

A later one for me tonight gratitroops! I’m utterly beat, but I’m still grateful for:

• a productive, but thankfully not stressful day at work.
  • the kind man that came and took our skip full of crap away for us. The house feels cleaner and lighter for not having all that stuff in it. Why do we collect it all?
  • for the recycling men who came today to take away all our cardboard, foil and glass. How lucky we are to live in countries where all this is well organized and all we have to do is put the right bin outside on the right day. This is luxury to many.
  • having worked really hard tonight cleaning kitchen cupboards and floors. It’s hard to face after a long working day, but it will all be over by Monday evening when the people come to value our house. Then we can let it all slide again! :joy::joy:
  • for freezers full of food. We can always find something in there when time or money is short.
  • for my tired eyes and good sleep. Just couldn’t even contemplate closing my eyes without posting my list.
    Happy sober Wednesday everyone!
    Nite nite :pray:
14 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for hot tea and my rocking chair. I’m grateful @I.cant.We.can has so many sober days, and is still working on it. It’s a wonderful reminder ( as are everyone’s days) that there isn’t an end to this- you don’t reach a certain time and then, that’s it, you’re cured. We have to work for this.
I’m grateful that I was able to see myself acting like an ass to a coworker yesterday- not her fault, I let stress get to me. I’m embarrassed that I didn’t control my response better=me being a jerk to her, but I’m grateful that I decided to text her and apologize. That was hard to do because I don’t know her well. And because owning up to your bad behavior sucks. But I did it. Looks like I have more work to do on living life on life’s terms.
I’m grateful that my husband is putting together the small greenhouse he ordered, I hope it’s everything he wants it to be. I’m grateful for TS, and all the gratidudes.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

13 Likes