Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Thank you, Mitch. I’m grateful for your kindness.

3 Likes

Thanks gratitude is a powerful emotion! Thanks for the reminder we can always find something to be grateful for even in the darkest times. I need to remember that! Today I’m grateful for my health my family the sunshine and all of you walking this journey with me!

12 Likes

I’m grateful for the sunny day outside. Cold, but sunny! Yesterday was all socked-in and sideways snow. Today the sky is blue. Both are beauty.

I’m grateful for the good solid sleeps I had the last few nights (maybe vaccine-related fatigue?). I’m grateful to wake up feeling rested and ready for the day ahead (she writes, awake for 6 hours now and 2 coffees in!)

I’m grateful for the little plaque on my desk. I’m not that into knickknacks, but this is small and says “one thing at a time”. That’s all I gotta do, here at my desk - and even in life, most of the time. I’m not a good multi-tasker. And that’s okay.

I’m grateful for groceries in my frig and the yummy dinner I’ll cook tonight.

M and D? Grateful for the chat with Mom last night. Grateful for all the chats before. Grateful for what still is.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

What happened to your arm? Back, arm… Head? Are you okay, Eric. Spring is coming soon :sunflower::blush:

4 Likes

I’m grateful I have a couch to crash on after a very busy and draining day at work, a couch that I am grateful to be sharing with my little cat, a cat to whom I’m equally grateful to for allowing me to share her live with me. Grateful to have my own affordable place right in the middle of the town I am grateful
to be born in, and grateful my sobriety gave me the willpower and incentive to finally do some serious home improvement this fall and winter. Grateful to all the gratidudes here. Grateful love.

16 Likes

Grateful to be alive, sober, and in class trying.

14 Likes

More gratitude today! Grateful that my doctor’s appointment went really well! I am on track for a better me. AND! I am grateful I was able to make an appointment for TOMORROW for my first shot of the vaccine! Hooray! That was a big surprise.

13 Likes

Noooo. I’m fine. I got my first vaccine shot in my left arm Monday. It hurt a little bit yesterday the day after the shot from the injection. Thanks. I’m fine.
:pray:t2::heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I am very grateful to be sober.

I am grateful that I was able to get 9 hours of sleep. That never happens during the work week.

I am grateful for the warmer weather and the extra little pep in my step. :two_hearts:

12 Likes

I’m grateful for a nice day in general, people who love dogs and time to just chill out and relax.

13 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful that the work day is done and I am home with my family.
I’m grateful fo a day off tomorrow!
I’m grateful @Dazercat and @RosaCanDo are moving forward with their vaccines.
I’m always grateful to read everyone’s posts on here- it really helps lift me up, and put the world into perspective a little.
Everyone have a wonderful night :heart:

10 Likes

Grateful for…
Everyone’s fantastic gratitude today
A little tug of war with the pup this morning to make us both happy. Until he lunged and bashed my nose…but I still love him
The great people I work with
The ability to help people at work who reach out to me
Perfectly toasted grilled cheese sandwiches
The sun…always the sun
All my clothes fitting comfortably which means I am eating right
A warm bed
A loving SO
No damage to my son’s car after he was rear ended the other day
My Pema Chodron audio tape and her wonderful teachings, humor, and soothing voice
The memory of my beloved older sister who left this world 35 years ago today. Rest in peace dear Lois. You will always be with me.
Youz guys

Good night…

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God for the wondrous people, places and things he puts in my life, if I just humble myself enough to get out of the way.
I’m grateful for my recovery and that it allows me to feel physically, mentally and spiritually fit even when I’m posting my gratitude at the end of the day rather than the beginning(its been on my mind and in my heart throughout the day as are all you)
I’m grateful that I got to visit my Sister today, I was so hyper to see her and her me, which is very nice since our relationship has had its up and downs, not surprisingly I am an addict.
I’m grateful that the weather was fantastic today which meant I got my bicycle out for the first time this year and got a nice ride in and that really helped my already good mood from the visit with my sister.
I’m grateful that the spaghetti I cooked for 20 of us at the treatment center today was good. I dont usually make that meal so that made me feel pretty accomplished.
I’m grateful that I officially finished the second of the twelve steps with my step do group tonight. We had a great discussion on the first two steps and listened to a speaker. We laughed and cried had some anger and resentments get hashed out without the group it was all very moving. Got some homework so that next week we can finish step three which I’m grateful and excited to do.
I’m grateful that it was a nice twenty minute bike ride home to end the day.
I’m grateful for TS and the grati-dudes.
I’m grateful that I had a short text session with Mom to make sure me and Sis had a nice visit. She is doing well and got to wish her Happy 26th Wedding Anniversary which made her day even though it was yesterday. oopps
I’m grateful that when I got home one of my housemates made a point of coming to say hi since he usually isn’t here and knew it was me, such a nice thing, wish he was here more but he has a front line job that keeps him away bless his heart.
I’m grateful to God thank you for this glorious day and please help rest well and recharge so I might be so lucky as to have another blessed day.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. you deserve a great great day too, keep striving to change a little for the good everyday and bring that gratitude. ya you!!

edit. p.p.s just read my own post that was a little long Lol good night friends.

10 Likes

Grateful I fall to sleep again at night.
Grateful I only have to give witness today.
Grateful for some work to do at work. (I was so bored that I printed the 12 working steps of NA :roll_eyes:) was thinking about a sponsor but lack of real people here to ask. :pensive:
Grateful for my hot chocolate.
Grateful being sober and not being disappointed that sober doesn’t mean all is shiny all days. (in contrast, I feel sometimes. But, hell, how did I do this hungover?)

11 Likes

Today I am grateful that I am starting to feel healthy again and therefore being more productive. I am grateful for the job interview I have next week. I am grateful for the people in my life that still care for me. I am grateful for the roof over my head and the food I have to eat. I am grateful that I have had the courage this week to take serious steps in improving my life.

12 Likes

Struggling with gratefulness today as my mood went from good to bad for no reason #day 5. But im grateful that i drove my son to school and sang songs with him (while i still felt happy) whats up with these mood swings tho :unamused:

12 Likes

@Foreverfree36…just what happens while your body is getting back to normal. And it may happen out of the blue for a while. It did for me. I still find myself asking “alcohol recovery related or not”? Just push through it…gets better. Hugs!

4 Likes

Hey, Gratidudes and dudettes!
Today I am grateful:

• For the vaccine and that I only signed up for the waitlist on Monday and already have an appointment today! It is so heartening to hear that the vaccine roll-out in the US is trucking along at a quicker pace than I would have expected.
  • For the renewable resources in the world, the most important of which being HOPE, in my opinion. I have experienced life without hope, and I don’t recommend it. The happy thing is that hope can be rediscovered and fueled, sometimes by the most unexpected sources. This community is a well spring of hope and it is inspiring to witness. So so grateful to be here.
  • For the human capacity for curiosity, and that it can be applied to oneself, as well! One of the best things I am learning in therapy is to get curious about my feelings, thoughts and emotions. It helps me to take a step away from them and become observant, consider their sources or what external and internal factors are contributing to them.

Always grateful for my TS amigos! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Today I’m grateful for God, my sobriety and my awesome grandchildren…even though I’ve said the Serenity Prayer more times today than I’d like to admit! :joy::joy:

12 Likes

Can’t have too much of The Serenity Prayer. It is the gift that keeps on giving. :laughing:

4 Likes