Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Today I’m grateful for knowing I can’t do it alone. For me it’s the most important lesson I found in recovery so far. I’m also grateful for being an addict or I would never have gotten into recovery. I’m grateful for being alive. I’m grateful for being me. I’m grateful for my therapy group. I’m grateful for Talking Sober and to Robin, the guy whose brainchild TS is. Grateful to all of you, my friends and fellows. Grateful I’m not alone in all this. Grateful I can feel love, grateful I can give love, grateful for receiving it, and grateful for love in general. :heartbeat: :hugs: :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Well looknat us - we’ve got a new room! Thanks @Dazercat for kicking us off with such heartfelt and inspiring words. The coffee tastes even better here. Today I am grateful for a restful night of sleep and coffee, cats and dogs to start the day. My littlest kitty Michael doesn’t meow, he makes the cutest little noise almost like he is talking for lack of a better way to describe it and it brightens the day. I am grateful for my job and the groceries and bills it allows me to buy/pay for today. I am grateful my son comes home today for the week. I am grateful he also stopped by after school a few days this week after school to chat since he can drive now and has the independence to do so. I am grateful he chose to spend some of that time with me. As always, I am grateful for this forum, thread and all of you! Hope today is a great one for all!

13 Likes

I’m grateful for 12 days without getting drunk, being drunk, being hungover, then drunk again. Grateful I can admit I am powerless over alcohol. Grateful I can admit my life has become unmanageable. Grateful that I’m holding myself accountable for my actions, which sucks and I’m not really sure if I’m grateful because I’m really just pissed that I can’t drink without complete destruction. And for that I’m grateful at the anger cuz it proves that I’m a drunk that can’t drink. Grrrrrr.

18 Likes

Good afternoon, all. I hope you are all well.
Today I am grateful that the weekend is drifting in. Weekends are golden.
I’m grateful that work was pleasant enough today, and that I got a lot done - but I’ll be even more grateful on Monday when the students are back in. I love my job. I’m grateful for that.
Grateful that I don’t drink anymore. It has crossed my mind a couple of times this week, without me feeling in danger of drinking. I’m grateful for that.
My sleep has been a bit disrupted this week. I’m having to break the cycle and get to bed quite a bit earlier - which hasn’t really been working. I’m grateful that tomorrow is Saturday and that I can catch up a bit.
Grateful for Explained on Netflix. I sat down with the family last night and watched an episode about sugar. It was an important reminder for us all.
I’m grateful for all of your posts. I read every single one, and they always pick me up.
Have a great sober day.

18 Likes

Good morning friends - I woke up early today, sans hangover, and am ready for the day! I am grateful today for:

• my beautiful family - new granddaughter Jackie, super grandson David, daughters, their husbands, my wife and her large family, my father, sister and in-laws!
  • my job - puts good food on the table and good family vacations in our hearts!
  • our freedoms and opportunities
  • my sobriety - I hope I never forget how easily it can be gone!

Have an awesome day!

18 Likes

Bedtime gratitudes…

I am grateful to be going to bed sober and that i no longer come home from work and pound beers before bed.

I am grateful for Michael Sealey sleep hypnosis videos on youtube that send me off for a peaceful sleep.

I am grateful for the upcoming weekend and the time i can spend with my loved ones. :two_hearts:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for the God given strength to not drink.
I’m grateful I got a week without sugar.
I’m grateful to be relearning to Let Go And Let God.
I’m grateful a dear friend turned me on to Mark H. - AA Speaker - “Gratitude, Grace, Mediation, and Life” on You Tube.
I’m grateful my sober twin not twin has 600 days today :tada:
I’m grateful for @beachmouse I just love that username name. Always brings a smile to my face when I see it pop up. :blush:
I’m grateful for cool sunny days in the forecast.
I’m grateful to read and sometimes even visualize a little bit of everyone’s gratitude on here.
I’m grateful I think I have Brian’s new avatar down now so I’m not panicking and wondering where he went.
I’m grateful for Hulu. I signed up for the NFL Season Pass. And where they customize my package I picked The Bills. I don’t get shit for sports up here in the mountains. This is new and hopefully it will work and be worth it.
I’m grateful for my health and wife and children and home and pets.
I’m grateful I’m still learning a calmer slower pace of life. And that that’s ok. Chaos Sucks!
I’m grateful and God Bless all the healthcare workers, first responders, firefighters, and teachers. God bless you teachers. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful for the amount of time I spend on TS.
:pray:t2::heart:

I was successful because you believed in me
Ulysses S. Grant
Self-admiration is made possible by my sincere admiration of others.
Believing In Myself Aug. 20

19 Likes

Good morning family

I am grateful for my medication.
I am grateful to be in a place in my recovery that I could raise my hand at the meeting when asked " which females are able to sponsor right now"
I am grateful that the teenager that was coming back to the meeting on Tuesday, came to my homegroup meeting last night and sat beside me. :pray:
I am grateful to be apart of NA and have to opportunity to try to help stop this disease from taking anymore lives…God willing.
I am grateful that I get the opportunity to spend the day with my kiddo doing a little back to school shopping.
I am grateful for our Healthcare in :canada:
I am grateful for the amazing weather and all around summer we have had this year.
Grateful for all of the peeps in TS sharing their wins, and struggles.

Thanks for being a massive part of my recovery journey.
:orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for Eminem. I was so fucking angry I couldn’t drink like a normie. I was angry as hell for about 2 months or so. I’m so grateful I power walked my ass off twice a day listening to my angry pop Gangsta Rapping playlist. :grimacing: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :exploding_head: me and Eminem spent a lot of time together those months.
Oh, I was so pissed off. I’m grateful for the physical and mental release it gave me.

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free, heading into the weekend soon.

I am grateful that I can walk, talk, see, laugh, cry, hear and change things I don’t think serve me anymore.

I am grateful for all of the people who have shared their sober journies on TS, in literature and on podcasts/youtube… so helpful. :two_hearts:

16 Likes

I’m grateful to God for helping me become happy, joyous and free rather than restless, irritable and discontent. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for bike rides and music that get my spirit recharged. I’m grateful for my financial assistance that covered the costs of my dentures and that I can smile again without feeling embarrassed about my missing and horribly discoloured teeth. I’m grateful to have the clarity of mind and willingness to continue to work on things. I’m grateful I got another message from my counsellor about local doctors with availability and a peer support program I can apply too, next week will be busy. I’m grateful to pray for the courage to possibly join some of you soon on the no sugar or weight loss thread. I’m grateful that I already surpassed my fundraising goal for a walk-a-thon in October. I’m grateful that I read every post on this thread and all the strength and perspective it gives me. I’m grateful for each of you grati-dudes. I’m grateful that Eric @Dazercat has figured out my avatar and has a Buffallo Bills themed football package woooo bills mafia baby!!! I’m grateful for the AA meeting tonight, met a World War 2 veteran visiting from the east coast 1700 kms away and his share was very cool. I’m grateful to be home safe in bed clean and sober. I’m grateful for my fellow Canadians @Its_me_Stella @M-be-free49 Onatrio rocks :crazy_face:
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t ever forget I believe in you, you can do this. Ya you!!

16 Likes

Good morning, all.
I’m grateful it’s the weekend, and grateful that I have managed to catch up on a bit of sleep. I needed it.
Grateful to be hangover free on a Saturday. It has become the norm recently, but it is still unusual in the grand scheme of things.
Grateful that I was able to observe my cravings for what they were this week. Being back in work meant that I was tired because my sleep was affected, hungry because I can’t just graze wherever I want to and my meal times have to fit into a schedule, and thirsty because I am often too busy to think about drinking water. I was also back in work, and despite enjoying what I do, holidays with the family are better.
Grateful for my clarity of thought. I was chatting to a friend yesterday evening and the words just kept falling out of me in the right order and seemed to be making sense. It was a pleasant surprise.
Grateful for all of your shares. They matter.
Have a great day.

14 Likes

I’m grateful I made it to Friday! This has been a bit of a stretch, the last two weeks, but I can’t even begin to think what shape I’d be in (and my work and life) if I had tried to drink my way through it.

I’m grateful I’ve learned how to care for myself better, that I gave in a few times this week to tears, and all that did was create the space for more laughs and light. I’m grateful for the laughs at work, and that I don’t have to hold on to conflict unnecessarily. I’m grateful for the big ears and big hearts that my pals have, and that I’m learning to lean.

I’m grateful I have a weekend ahead of me - a saturday of puttering on chores and errands and bills and such, and sunday for yoga and books and cooking. Delish. I’ve declined a boozy gathering on saturday - not because of the booze, but because I haven’t had time to play with words (write) the last few weeks. So that is what me and my tea will do. :relieved:

I’m grateful for all of your posts, your lists, and your gratitude. This practice really feels like the bedrock of a life well-lived. A beautiful, sober life.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Bedtime gratitudes…

I am grateful to be going to bed sober and clear headed.

I am grateful for the book I started reading called, ‘Quitter: A Memoir of Drinking, Relapse, and Recovery’.

I am grateful for the netflix show All American because its an entertaining distraction that is much better than pounding beers. :two_hearts:

14 Likes

I am so grateful to be sober for 31 days. It is such a relief to know i will wake up to a new day with a clear head. For good meetings on an early weekend morning. For my home…for reconnecting with family…for my job. For my health and my dogs health as well. :pray::paw_prints::sunrise_over_mountains::cherry_blossom:

12 Likes

This morning I am grateful simply for it being Saturday and to feel more freedom in the day. Grateful to help my son prep for the picnic he is planning for his gf. Very glad to know that dating equals making an effort to show you care as that is lost on some.

I am grateful to work for a couple of hours at a nursery today and get my hands in the dirt so to speak.

Grateful to share a meal with one of my best friends and her kids tonight as they are like family to me. It is at a restaurant/brewery that apparently has a playground (I’m just gonna leave that alone for now as I know there are people that can manage that fine) and she knows I don’t drink and she is not really drinking lately either. She likes it because her kids can play there so it will be fun for them. I have no desire to drink and don’t feel uncomfortable or pressured. Just happy to hang out with them as they are moving soon.

Always grateful for gratidudes - enjoy the day!!

11 Likes

Grateful for these 13 days without wasting my energy on buying booze, hiding booze, eating peanut butter to hide that I’ve been drinking booze, eating carbs to “absorb” the booze, etc, etc, etc. So grateful for waking up sober. :sun_with_face::ocean:

13 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I’ve finally come to my senses that I can not ever have “just one.” It’s never happened before. Why would it happen now.
Truthfully, I grateful to know I wouldn’t want just one. And I don’t want to go through the misery shame and crushing hangover ever again.
I’m grateful I was gently woken up but my chonky cat purring on me. And then the 2 dogs made an appearance. Usually the dogs, Benson, wake up my wife.
I’m grateful I sleep so well these days I wake up thinking it’s fun to have a 40 pound dog girl and 20 pound dog boy getting up in my face early in the morning.
I’m grateful for my health and that I got my second workout in yesterday and it was a decent one but not too too much.
I’m grateful I’m going to try my 3 1/2 mile trail today for the first time in weeks.
I’m grateful Labor Day is coming and the golf clubs are cutting way back on their hours and most of the people in my neighborhood will get the fuck out of here. :blush: That how we roll :upside_down_face:
I’m grateful the restaurant last night had a nice prime rib.
I’m grateful the omelette I created yesterday turned out pretty fucking great!
I’m grateful for Brian’s fellow Canadians as well.
I’m grateful I figured out my sober twin not twin’s avatar right away. It’s important, for me in my recovery, to read what she has to say.
I’m grateful for good people. Ya, you guys! Mean people suck! :scream:
I’m grateful for healthcare workers, first responders, firefighters, and teachers. You guys rock :muscle:

Beautiful thoughts build a beautiful soul.
There’s always something beautiful to experience wherever you are.

Wayne Dyer

13 Likes

I’m grateful I’ve been sober for 18 days.
I’m grateful that I woke up at 6:30am and didn’t feel like I needed 6 more hours of ‘sleep’.
I’m grateful that my mind is clear.
I’m grateful I’m healthy enough to volunteer at the local museum today.
I’m grateful that I took a step back from dieting and exercise until my energy level is better.

11 Likes

Lmao I used to eat so much random stuff to “absorb” booze lol .hadn’t thought of that in a while ty…congrats on a bakers dozen worth of days.

7 Likes