Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery from booze, drugs, cigs and surgeries. I’m grateful that its been 23 months since my back surgery and sure I still get some pain but all in all it and the rest of my recovery has allowed me to live a pretty active lifestyle. I’m grateful for my family, friends TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful to read @Irisees919 has raised a caring son and will get to enjoy time with friends before they move, good for you. I’m grateful @Dazercat has Canadian qualities and admits how he’s feeling good or bad, I see your Wayne Dyer quote today I really enjoy him, bonus effect, his voice helps me sleep, i think it’s cause he kinda sounds like my grandpa did. I’m grateful that I get to go be of service, make some pizza and attend a 12 step meeting at the treatment center. God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

13 Likes

Weird the things we’d do, and the justification for. :laughing::pizza::fries::bagel::pancakes::ramen::+1:

5 Likes

Today I’m grateful for allowing myself to feel stressed about a subject and an appointment next week. It’s ok to feel nervous, it’s an important issue and I will do my best. Grateful, I see some procrastination in my preparation work, I use to loiter with things I feel uncomfortable with but have to do them. Grateful I will try again tomorrow to continue and take it one hour at a time. Works not only for sobriety but also for dealing with tough issues for me :pray:

10 Likes

Lol, love this.

I also grateful for Eric’s Canadian qualities. Hahahah :rofl::orange_heart::rofl:

Grateful to be going to a potluck dinner tonight followed by a 7 year cake.

Grateful to have found the courage to ask to join others for the ride to the party. In my past life I would have just been full of anxiety arriving alone, completely loaded, loud, hiding behind a mask of false identity. Not anymore I can embrace my social anxiety and I understand that it just takes time, alcohol does not make it better it makes it WORSE.

I am grateful that as time goes by I am getting closer to being my authentic self. I can see her peeking out from behind the curtain of all the shit I still have to sift through. Time and patience… I will get there.

Grateful for the sense of peace that comes over me at times. Today I feel peaceful, it’s as if someone has swaddled me and rocked me for hours. That kind of inner quiet, it feels amazing.

Grateful for all the help I am getting with my recovery. My life has always been a difficult jigsaw puzzle to complete, now that I have found all these important pieces that were missing
I have a much better chance at getting it done.

10 Likes

I am grateful for the man of God who led me TO God, because that, in turn, led my son to God.

I’m grateful that I experienced everything I experienced because I can now help my son stay off that path.

I’m grateful for the fact that he still loves me.

And I’m grateful for God because he loved me when I couldn’t, never led me astray and knew when to kick my ass to pull me from the darkness.

10 Likes

I’m grateful that my sober day encouraged me to go to the gym.

Whilst that seems small, my addiction has caused a certain amount of weight loss that’s lead to body image issues and being in the gym really helps my mental state.

12 Likes

I’m sure the 18 days of sobriety was a huge reason for a clear mind as well. Congrats on your accomplishment!!

5 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for hair salons! I always feel like a new person coming out of there! I’m grateful for time with my daughter today, and a surprise visit to my sister’s house. I’m grateful for my nephew and the joy he brings my sister. I’m grateful that the laundry is almost done. Love having clean laundry, hate doing it. I’m grateful that sobriety has given me more peace, especially when life gets stressful, as life does. I’m grateful for TS, and especially this thread. Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

15 Likes

Thank you!! It has been a great day.

3 Likes

I’m grateful for the camera on my phone, as well as my awareness to want to capture the beautiful full moon. Dang my camera will not capture it, too much ambient light in the city for my little phone, I think. I’m grateful that the power of the moon holds way less sway over me now. The fiend in me see’s it and thinks we used to go play at times like this but no more, as long as I remember to remain vigalant
and be on guard for these unguarded moments. So many tools like that, that we seldom get to use but wonderful to notice when I do, full circle back to awareness.
I’m grateful for all of you grati-dudes . I’m grateful that I have had a very nice day, full of service, friendship and talks with family, messages with some of you, it warms my soul, truly. I’m grateful for today’s NA reading about friendship that reminds me to work on these relationships if I want them to flourish they need to be nurtured, it’s not gonna just happen. I’m grateful that I am home safe and sound, clean and sober, with some late night snacks and Disney+ waiting.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are soooooo AWESOME. Ya you!!!

13 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Good morning, all.
I’m grateful to have slept in again. That’s two days in a row with more than 8 hours of sleep. Today will be a good day.
Grateful that I will be teaching real human beings at work tomorrow. All of last week was meetings and preparation, which is the part of the job that I tolerate so that I can teach.
Grateful for the Sunday roast that we will have for lunch today. Sunday lunch with the family is absolutely my favourite time of the week/month/year. Previously, I would only get to see the first 20 minutes of it authentically and then it would be a fuzzy, hazy mess. It is SO much better now.
Grateful to be hangover free on a Sunday morning. I am starting to take that for granted and I need to remind myself not to.
Incredibly grateful for this thread. I’m going through a bit of an indifferent phase with TS. I’m still reading every day, but I’m not really feeling it, for some reason. This thread makes me stop and think and really reflect. It is invaluable to me.
Have a great day, all.

13 Likes

Oh man, such a good day, and then I read the 20 some posts since my post last night, and you Gratidudes are just the best company going! I take something from each of your posts, and I’m grateful for it.

I’m grateful that 418 days of sobriety has worked on me, worked hard. I’m more even-keeled, so much less blown about by the world around me - what if this? but not that? what then? and what she said! what he did! what they think of me! - you get the idea. M’s feet stand more firmly on M’s ground, and her gaze at the world and others and herself too is so much more gentle, soft. I’m grateful for it.

I’m dearly grateful for TS, for without it, I know I would not be sober. Yeah, my involvement on the forum ebbs and flows too sometimes, Singtone. I would love to offer as much to others, to newcomers, as I know was offered to me - but I trust that will return. (But congrats on 18 days, @No_more_C2H6O! and 13 days @beachmouse!, and into month 2 for you @Lucky1620!) I’m also gonna trust that the places in my life I’m giving myself and my energy right now are the right places. I’ve learned there’s a lot of M to give, but I gotta make sure she goes to bed each night with some gas left in the tank. All that said, this thread is non-negotiable! :wink:

I’m grateful for the day I had - mostly putting my wee home in order. These days were the worst, and pointless, when hungover. Or I’d start my chores with some motivational ciders. You can guess how that worked out! But sober? It’s a job well done that’s the reward. Motivational dance-able tunes! And cooking myself a lovely dinner and taking an evening dog walk with a neighbour. Delish.

Phew! I could go on, but I think I gotta share the floor here a bit!

I’m grateful I feel so much more like myself.
And I’m always grateful for another day.

Let’s see what kind of gratitude lurks tomorrow, hey friends? :orange_heart:

18 Likes

Your posts bring me to tears, Emm.
Whatever that gift is that allows some people to see things as they are, and then write about them in an insightful, interesting and clear way, using beautifully expressive language - you have it in spades, and I am very grateful for that. I get a little surge of gratitude when I see your icon followed by a lot of words.

12 Likes

Grateful for not being hungover at work tonight, which made me pull my head out of my ass and see the suffering of others and humbly give thanks for my blessings. I’m ashamed that I became such a victim to life and stumbled through it drunk and disengaged. For today I am grateful for the humility of being powerless over ETOH and 14 days sober. :sun_with_face::ocean:

15 Likes

This morning I’m grateful I did my bike ride yesterday, and grateful that here was room in the train to transport me and my bike to the east so I could do a 150km ride homeward through some of the most beautiful nature my country has on offer. Grateful that it didn’t rain, grateful for the bicycle route planner that helped me find my way, grateful my way took met over 80% of bicycle only roads and the rest on very quiet country roads.
I’m grateful to myself for allowing me to do this on my own, grateful I don’t feel guilt for not riding in a group, or strange or lonely or cast out for doing so. It’s part of who I am and I’m grateful to know and accept that. Grateful that I do know that I’m also looking for friends, for connection. Grateful to be able to be looking for that balance in my life. Grateful that I am sober and clean or none of this would happen. Grateful to you all for helping me in staying sober and clean. ODAAT. Love.
Pic is from the latter stage of my ride home, the bicycle path through the biggest polder in the Netherlands. Grateful for the 30km of tailwind there :sunglasses:

15 Likes

I am grateful to wake with no hangover today. To continue sobriety and be able to participate in this group. To be able to feel my faith and enjoy the relaxing morning as it unfolds. Have a womderful day everyone. :pray::heartbeat:

13 Likes

This morning I am grateful I woke myself up laughing from a hilarious dream and that waking up at 530a on a Sunday morning is both possible, because I am sober and favorable, because I have plans this morning and need to be prepared.

I am so very grateful for the time I spent with my friend and her kids last night. The place has several restaurants/ vendors and an area outside for bands and for kids to play. One thing I noticed was the amount of signage and emphasis on alcohol as though there was nothing else in the world except beer to feast on. Fortunately, we went straight to the food vendors, ordered food and water and focused on talking and playing. No temptations and happy to be there. Grateful I went.

I am grateful for the podcast I listened to yesterday dealing with addiction. There was a lot of discussion of dopamine and the pleasure/pain balance addicted individuals having a hard time finding pleasure in the the simple pleasures (for lack of a better term) of life when actively using. I believe this gratitude practice is one that helps us strengthen that muscle, so to speak, to restore the equilibrium as opposed to living at one extreme or the other.

As always, I am grateful for TS and for all of you. Wishing a peaceful day (or night) ahead for all.

17 Likes

Which podcast was that? If you don’t mind me asking :slightly_smiling_face: sounds like something I should download!

2 Likes

Grateful for a super sober Sunday!
Grateful to have watched a movie last night cuddled up with significant other…and remembering it
Grateful to have already finished a kicka$$ Pilates class
Grateful to be heading to my fav grocery to get salad veggies for the week
Grateful for TS and you guyz

16 Likes