Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Me too that’s why I always ordered a bottle!!!

Grateful my restaurant bills are much less expensive now.

Today is Saturday and I have nothing on my calendar, I am so grateful for that. I have choices today because my life is not conducted by drinking and drugging. I am grateful that humility has become one of my most practiced spiritual principles, it keeps me on even playing field with the rest of you. I am grateful for love and the power to give that away. I read that if we think of happiness as a spiritual principle we will feel happier. I heard something at a meeting " I made a decision to stop using and I haven’t picked up in over 30 years, why can’t I make a decision to be happy?" Grateful for people’s shares, I get so much from them. Grateful that I managed to clean up when I did, and I have hope that I can find some strength.

:pray::orange_heart::pray:

15 Likes

Frankly you all.
I don’t think addicts want our advice. That’s the last thing my son and daughter wanted when they were in recovery. I think we just want to be heard.
:pray:t2::heart:
Edit: and acknowledged :heart:

8 Likes

I really wanted to order a mocktail when I went to the play the other day. I wanted a virgin Bloodymary. I was so paranoid that they would accidentally make it with booze that I stuck with tonic water. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 34 and I’m grateful for my dream of being in a house on the first level, each room congested, cramped, cluttered but then I walk up a sturdy wooden staircase and there are rooms with lots of windows, sunlight, sweet smells and safety. All my dreams of houses prior were of rusted spiral staircases, dark descent, anxiety, dread to a basement with no windows. Grateful to now be awake, hopeful and sober.

17 Likes

That reminds me when I accidentally got real coke instead of diet coke. Many many years ago when nobody cared. The next time I ordered I was so paranoid that I tested it with a glucose test stripe and was only calm when it said low :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

I essentially meant offer “support”, but it seems that some jumped on the word “advice” and ran with it. A few days ago, a newly sober person posted how they were feeling and what they were dealing with that day, and my empathy for them overwhelmed me. I had been working through the same feelings. I told them that and relayed to them the things that were helping me. They came back later that day to say that they had taken my “advice” and it carried them through the day. I immediately felt like I’d been punched in the gut, because I’m in no position to offer advice. On the other hand, showing that empathy and support helped someone get through their day. I’m trying.

9 Likes

Thanks so much, Stella. I sincerely appreciate your kindness and presence. I will check this out right now. :blush::purple_heart:

4 Likes

Grateful for this and the willingness and determination to keep going. I appreciate you all. :purple_heart::slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

3 Likes

On your 30 days
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Way to go, congratulations on your thirty days and a thousand nights. Keep on moving forward.

Grateful that you shared your thoughts on advice because its a very normal feeling that myself and as you’ve heard many others share.

7 Likes

Grateful today for another sober Saturday. Love it…love it. :heart: Staying around the house…puttering around the kitchen…hanging with the doggie.:paw_prints: So grateful for my life and the peacefulness of it. :pray: Glad that i stopped drinking and that my weekends dont consist of wall to wall vodka from am to pm. That i can and choose to enjoy life sober as I head into day 53 in the early morming hours tomorrow :sunrise_over_mountains:.
:cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

15 Likes

I’m grateful for my life. I am grateful to be alive and to have a loving husband, a beautiful step daughter, a wonderful family, and my kitties.

And I am grateful for all of you.

14 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful that even though I worked today, it wasn’t to bad. I’m grateful that I came home to a clean house and dinner thanks to my wonderful family. I’m grateful to have time to relax and unwind. I’m grateful that I have tomorrow to do what I want. I’m grateful for books and documentaries.
@ShesGotMoxie congrats on 30 days!!
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

15 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober today

15 Likes

Thank you for sharing that passage. It is EXACTLY what I needed to read today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wooohoo!! What a big deal!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

Thanks so much! :kissing_heart::relaxed:

1 Like

Today I’m grateful for- my marriage, the chance to explore change, ability to live a new way, having options, being able to recognize when I’m in a state of “want” instead of grateful, feeling good, being healthy, my amazing body and all it can do, last but not least clear air!!! Walks and bike rides in clean air, I’m so grateful.

16 Likes

Thanks so much, Brian. I appreciate you. :slightly_smiling_face::purple_heart:

2 Likes