Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude is the air of recovery

Grateful being sober and still alive.
Grateful for the fresh air. I used to love summers, I prefer spring and autumn now.
Grateful for a quiet Sunday.
Grateful I can leave my sorrows somewhere and some friends will read.
Grateful only one week to go. Then vacation.
Grateful for this thread.

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful Franzi just did her gratitude list so the thread is right at the top. Good morning, afternoon, evening Franzi. :coffee:
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m sober.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m hangover free.
Iā€™m grateful for inspiring AA Speakers. Could be my second best tool in my tool box after gratitude.
Iā€™m still listening to Mark Houston and I feel like the woman in the parable of the woman and the lost coin. Luke 15:8-9
Iā€™m grateful for Earnie Larson my favorite AA Speaker and John McAndrew, the musician that played with him, that I met at family week a long time ago at my kids rehab. His message still helps me today.
Iā€™m grateful Benson is on my lap even though he is crushing my femoral vein.
Iā€™m grateful for the rhythmic snoring of Minnie to the left of me and Daisy is caterwauling to the right of me about something.
Iā€™m grateful I hear a disturbance in the force which means I hear my wife waking up. (Not that she wakes up like a bear or anything but my chair is right next to our bedroom. I can hear everything)
Where was I :thinking:. Which means we can get this beautiful day going. Itā€™s the only one God has given us today.
Iā€™m very grateful at how I look at things now that Iā€™m sober with a good chunk of days under my belt. Sometimes. Actually a lot of times Iā€™m terrified at whatā€™s going on in the US still :grimacing: and in the world. But what can I do? Iā€™m just one dot out of a bizillion. I got to let Go and let God. And do my best. I donā€™t have to do better than that.
Iā€™m grateful I can ramble on here.
I grateful for yā€™all.
Teachers are getting first billing today, firefighters, first responders and healthcare workers Iā€™m so grateful for yā€™all.
Iā€™m grateful for everyone in this fight for our lives.
:pray:t2::heart:

When I reach to help others, I cannot help feeling better about myself.
Believing In Myself

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful we got a new writer here @Bootz
M :wave: you gonna have to kick up your game here. This gratitude thread is really getting interesting. And fun.
But I got to be honest Bootz This wine snob misses those pretentious wine tasting notes. They were a huge part of my life. But I am happy to have finally broke up with them. And so grateful I donā€™t have the crushing hangover :exploding_head: those notes beat in my head and the stained teeth :scream:
And congratulations to Jules on your 2 weeks. Keep up the great work. @beachmouse
Nice win last night Margaret :v:
:pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m feeling really sick today, but Iā€™m grateful I do not have Covid.
:pray:

15 Likes

Amen! About to take my dog on a long walk before playing a bit of basketball later. Something on my non-sober days is something that absolutely doesnā€™t happen.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Make every day a sober day. Your pup will approve. :grinning:

5 Likes

Good evening all,
Iā€™m grateful for a day at home getting chores done. Iā€™m grateful that I donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve ā€œearnedā€ a beer ( or 12 letā€™s be honest) after getting all the stuff done. Iā€™m grateful for my kids, I really adore those little humans. Iā€™m grateful for sunshine and flowers, and trees blowing in the breeze. Iā€™m grateful that my Dads last scan showed that his cancerous tumors have shrunk in response to the medication he is on. Iā€™m grateful for the phone call from him and my mom to tell me this, and for tears of happiness on both sides. Iā€™m grateful for the love I have for my family, and that they have for me. Iā€™m grateful that I finally realized that I am worthy of their love.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God please help me rest well tonight. Iā€™m grateful that I had a nice sober Sunday.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are the best. Ya you!!

11 Likes

Iā€™m so grateful for your generous wordsā€¦ I wore a big smile all day that barely fit in my wee abode, never mind on my face! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s early on a sunday night and Iā€™m one post away from tucking in! Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t try to make the weekends last longer by uncorking another bottle. Never worked, but - gak - did I tryā€¦

Iā€™m grateful for in-class yoga today. Cases are on the rise here, so that may change, but Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m better at catching myself when I time travel too far into the future. At least Iā€™m thinking about yoga and not trying to calculate how much wine I should stockpile for another lockdownā€¦ (Again, gak.)

Iā€™m grateful @Sunflowerā€™s Dad has healthier days ahead! And that @SoberWalker isnā€™t sick with covid (get better soon, friend!). Iā€™m grateful for all the gratitroops. Iā€™m grateful I had a chance to read other threads and see @Charlie_C 's beauty granddaughter. Thatā€™s one grateful looking set of grandparentsā€¦!

Iā€™m grateful today for the basics: my home, the food in my frig, clothing and shoes, the smiles from strangers (making the most while our masks are off!), even grateful for my first world problems - most of which arenā€™t problems at allā€¦

Iā€™m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

Iā€™m grateful my kitty seems to be doing good to great after the veterinarian said she would only live another two to two and a half months. She said this about six weeks ago.
Iā€™m grateful we are spending precious times together as always.
Iā€™m grateful for the sky, the stars, the moon and the sun.
Iā€™m grateful that it stopped raining places it was raining too much.
Iā€™m grateful for all of you.

14 Likes

Thank you Emm and @Dazercat I feel much better today! Got a foodpoisoning :woozy_face: So lost a lot of weight in one day :relaxed: Grateful for that :see_no_evil::sunglasses:

9 Likes

Grateful to be sober this morning and hangover free. It feels so go to not be sick and shaking first thing in the am. I have some mild anxiety to go back to work but a good meeting yesterday had some helpful tips and reminders on how to cope without alcohol. Grateful for work to go to tho as well as having weekends off that allowed me to actually get back to doing some painting on a couple cabinets at home. All in all a good weekend and grateful to be starting a new week. Happy Monday everyone! :sunrise_over_mountains::cherry_blossom::pray::heartbeat:

14 Likes

Good afternoon, all.
Iā€™m grateful to be clear headed today. I teach in a great school, but teaching is a full on job - particularly on the first day back after a long summer break. I donā€™t know how I managed back in the day because I never had a clear head.
Grateful that my classes are full of nice people and that I can still remember how to do it all.
Grateful for the brief sleep that I managed to grab last night. Hoping to be a bit more grateful tomorrow.
Grateful that my kids all enjoy school and werenā€™t too troubled by going back today - although my eldest daughter was starting Sixth Form and I havenā€™t seen her yet, so letā€™s see. Hopefully she enjoyed it all.
Grateful to be back home with the family. Looking forward to a cup of coffee and a little chunk of chocolate - just to keep my spirits up.
Grateful that I no longer hate catching sight of myself in any kind of reflective surface. Iā€™m not going to say that I love it, but I no longer hate it - which is a huge step forward for me. A combination of looking healthier and being more emotionally settled has worked that little miracle.
Grateful for all of your posts. I know I singled Emmā€™s out, but they all help me so much.
Have a great day, all.

14 Likes

Absolutely!! The podcast is The Hubernam Lab and the guest he interviewed was Dr. Anna Lembke. The episode was named Undertanding and Treating Addiction. Dr. Huberman is a neurobiologist and professor at Stanford and in his podcasts are incredible and packed with lots of science-based tools and explains how and why our bodies work they way they do. Pretty great!

9 Likes

Today I am grateful for a fresh week without a hangover and without regret. I am grateful I was able to drive a boat full of teenagers and my friend undergoing cancer treatment around a lake yesterday and everyone had smiles on their faces. Could not of safely done that while drinking fore sure. I am grateful to read @Sunflower1 's news about her Dad and that we have some incredible writers in this thread. You know we will be the first in line to buy your books when they come out :smiley: I am grateful (although it is a little bittersweet) that my son takes himself to school now and I simply wave goodbye. I am also grateful for the huge bag of clothes he gathered to donate after he went shopping with grandparents and now has some fresh clothes for school. That helps me out so much and also those recovering the donated clothes! Always grateful for gratidudes and this forum. Wishing you a peaceful day or night!!

14 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Iā€™m going to check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Home from work and tired but always know that is exactly when I need to do inventory and today Iā€™m grateful for 15 days sober. At the hight of insanity last night I said to a co-worker ā€œand this is why I drinkā€; then laughed and said, ā€œactually, I drink cuz Iā€™m a drunkā€. Iā€™m grateful for being able to say those words and honestly know nothing made me drink other than being a deplorable drunk, powerless over ETOH.

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to be sober and hangover free with the Ol Burner on my lap and my coffee and enjoying my time in the morning praying, reading devotionals and coming here to do my gratitude.
Iā€™m grateful itā€™s going to be another beautiful day. And the weather is going to be beautiful too.
Iā€™m grateful I didnā€™t get to my Pilates workout yesterday after my walk because I was listening to the end of Mark Houstonā€™s podcast and I prioritize my mental health over my physical health and Iā€™m ok with that.
Iā€™m grateful for the strength that AA speakers give me and their thought provoking message.
Iā€™m grateful this is the real me.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m trying to grasp the message that drinking isnā€™t the problem. :thinking: The problem is fear and self. Thanks a lot Stella :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful for my wife and kids and their supportive spouses and my pets and house and home.
Iā€™m grateful my son and his wife have acclimated their new boxer puppy Dash to be with the old man Bogey without incidents. Theyā€™ve worked really hard all week and Iā€™ve loved all the pics and videos.
Iā€™m grateful to be here on this gratitude thread with each and everyone of you. :hugs:
Healthcare workers and first responders and teachers :+1: :muscle: :star2:
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

I got 99 Blessings
And my recovery is #1.

Paul French?

12 Likes