Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

What a blessing Pica! I’m so happy for you. I would give anything to have a meeting available to me like yours. Edit: I mean kind and thoughtful not all men.

7 Likes

I am grateful I made it through the boozy banquets sober. Last nights was much harder than the previous weeks. People tried to give me drinks and encouraged me to drink and laughed at me for not drinking. I am grateful I did NOT respond in anger or let it beat me down.
I am grateful I turned off the news a couple days ago and I am now in a more positive frame of mind.
I am grateful for feeling able to engage a bit more on here again without feeling overwhelmed. I love this community but I have a hard time with feeling like I need to help everyone and be there for everyone. It’s a flaw in my makeup that I’m working on. Im grateful I’m learning to disengage when I’m overwhelmed instead of drinking.

18 Likes

Well done getting through those banquets. Such an achievement you should be proud of yourself. Learning to switch off sometimes is hard but with practice you will reap the benefits . It’s OK to look after yourself too!

I’m grateful the sun is out today. I can smell spring round the corner. It’s a great feeling :relieved:

11 Likes

I’m grateful I stayed up too late last night and enjoyed my movie even though wifey hated it and fell asleep through most of it. I’m most grateful I formed my own opinion of the movie. I’ve had a lot of trouble forming “my own” opinion over the years. I’m grateful I’m still learning stupid shit like I can like and enjoy a movie everyone else hates. What’s the big deal? And I don’t even have to defend my opinion. By the way. I Love :heart: Lady Ga Ga. And I loved her in the role she played last night. And that’s my opinion and I’m grateful for it.

I’m grateful I am sober and very in tune to the needs of my 2 old pets. Especially Minnie. I’m grateful I notice and jump up when she wants to go out as her bladder is getting older I guess and she’s going more frequently. But last night I was grateful I wasn’t drunk and passed out on the couch with the movie on and Minnie needing to go out. I’m always grateful I go to bed at night and don’t pass out on the couch anymore. I’m grateful tonight I’m going to bed early. I’m also grateful I wasn’t the only one up late last night :wink:. Thanks for the brief little bit of company Callie.

I’m grateful I’ve kicked up my guided meditation game. Presently. I am falling asleep sometimes during it, but I know subconsciously, there are still many benefits to it. I’m grateful I listened to my body yesterday. Another thing I’m sick and tired of doing. :grimacing:. But better to take a day off if there’s something not quite right, than to be forced to take a week off when something definitely gets hurt.

I’m grateful for tail wagging.
I’m grateful for purring and tamping

I’m grateful for Alison tagging me in on her thread and the way God works through my life.
@PaigeTurner
I’m grateful I thought and thought about what to write on your thread and will eventually get to it. Unless I go on here too long about it. :blush: I’m grateful your thread got me to think about Hope and how I’ve pretty much given up on Hope. I’m grateful I thought and thought how I would approach prayers for Hope. I’m grateful, I guess, I’ve given up Hope as a defense mechanism because, who wants to get hurt when Hope is dashed? Not me. I’m grateful I started a brand new book this morning Codependent No More by Melody Beattie. I’m already in love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: with it. The last paragraph of the 25th anniversary preface (I never read the preface)
Right there in print. “Don’t Give Up Hope.” And I looked up and thought God? You done it again. I’ve already welled up with tears after only ready 3 prefaces and the introduction. Looks like God is going to teach me some more lessons. :grimacing::pray:t2: I’m grateful the way God works in my life. If I just let him. And not look to hard for Him.
He’s right there :pray:t2:
He’s right here :pray:t2:

I’m grateful for you all and how much I learn from you all and the strength you all give me to stay sober. Every :man_facepalming: fucken day!
I’m grateful I’m good. I’m not drinking today. And I’m probably not drinking tomorrow.
:pray:t2::heart:

Todays reminder
from One Day At A Time In Al-Anon.
The alcoholic is not my problem.
My problem is Me.

17 Likes

G’morning y’all :sunny::yellow_heart:

I’m grateful for soft, fresh-smelling sheets on my bed. I’m grateful I make my own laundry detergent. It smells so good and it’s free of harmful chemicals and fragrances. It feels good to do the little things to keep my husband, my family, and myself more healthy.

I’m grateful to recognize a flow among several of us regarding things we’re learning right now. It definitely lets me know there’s a power working in our lives. I’m grateful to be learning about heart-brain coherence. It’s about being in a state of flow, where are our hearts, minds, and bodies are at one, and we can enjoy a deep connection with ourselves, with others, and with nature. This is coherence and that flow state is something I strive for. I’m grateful for meditation, because it brings me there.

I’m grateful for this day. Grateful to smell the delicious aroma of my husband’s coffee. I don’t drink coffee, but dang does it smell amazing. I’m grateful that I’m going right now to make myself a mug of hot cocoa. :blush:

Y’all have a beautiful day. :purple_heart:

14 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for the calmness that sobriety brings to me. Not always, I still have a lot to work on, but I can even face challenging things with more calmness than before. I’m grateful for inspirational quotes. I’m grateful for nice evenings, and that I haven’t felt the old anxiety that I used to get in the evenings knowing I was going to drink to much and feel like crap, but doing it anyways. I’m grateful for the ebb and flow on here- people joining in more when they need to and stepping back when they are doing ok. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness and hope.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful that I stayed sober last night even though I didn’t want to.

I’m grateful that every morning I wake up with my cat sleeping on top of me and my dog in my arms. I am going to have back problems soon but it’s worth it haha

I’m grateful for all the comforts I get to enjoy every day: good coffee, books, t.v., a soft bed, and all my cozy blankets.

And I’m grateful for sobriety and all the people I have met on this journey.

18 Likes

I’m grateful to God for guiding me through today. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for All my family, friends,TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful I made it to work early and opened the restaurant for the first time, all by myself. I’m grateful I took a nap this afternoon. I’m grateful I got to attend my NA homegroup tonight. I’m grateful that I shared last and was able to listen to everyone. I’m grateful for keytags and watching people receive them, particularly for example watching a homegroup member get a nine month keytag tonight compared to when he showed up for a day one white keytag, unbelievable. I’m grateful for meditation, daily readings and prayer.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are amazing. Ya you

16 Likes

Grateful for effort, 10 000 steps, meditation and yoga.
For my lovely Hunny and a calm weekend.
Grateful to let go of my demands and cravings and be more gentle.
For coffee and tea and a healthy meal.
For getting along with people in general and for you guys sharing here on TS.
Just this present moment together :pray:🧘‍♂:hugs::four_leaf_clover:

15 Likes

Hi Hi

Today I am grateful for the rest of my Sunday, calm sober and without a hangover, breathing life.

Today I am grateful that my family trusts me, and they let me know that they love me.

Today I am grateful for the new job opportunity that I am about to undertake, although I am a little scared, I feel that it is an opportunity that I cannot miss.

Today I am grateful for lying down in a clean bed, being able to take a shower, and tidy up the place where I live.

Today I am grateful for learning to be disciplined in my goals, especially with my sports routine and eating habits. working a lot on my anxiety urges and procrastination.

today I am grateful that I feel responsible with myself and maturing by living independently and learning to grow.

today I am grateful for giving me time to understand the traditions, working on a traditions workshop with fellow NA members.

today I am grateful that even though there are negative thoughts I give them less room in my life, I don’t visit that old corner of self-pity.

Today I am grateful for telling my mom that I love her and my dad seeing him off on his trip home with my brother.

Today I am thankful for me not consuming just for today.
good night.

12 Likes

I’m grateful:

For my sponsor making time for me yesterday afternoon to start the book work.

For not acting out while my mental health was a bit unstable last night, for eventually realising I hadn’t taken my medications and for falling asleep shortly after I did.

For the other newcomers that are phoning me regularly and to hear that they have as much hope and belief in the program as I do.

For connection.

For the miracle of being alive and 32 days clean from cocaine.

For Zoom meetings and the powerful shares and consistent messages I’m hearing.

For my cats, for their unconditional love and companionship, they really are my entire world.

For the iced coffee that I’m going to get from Starbucks after this.

For how good it felt to pray when I first woke up this morning. I tried to meditate too but ended up falling back to sleep. Will try again after the coffee.

For my family and their health.

That I’m not longer insane with the obsession and compulsion to buy and use cocaine call day every day.

That I’m no longer trying to end my life.

That I’m not lying to anyone anymore.

That I’m not living with crippling shame anymore.

That I am taking better care of my hygeine since being clean.

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

@PaigeTurner I am grateful that you shared that video on FB and that I watched the whole thing before I managed to fall asleep last night, it really spoke to me, I will work on trusting the power and ignoring the fear. Thank you. :pray:t2:

15 Likes

I’m grateful for this new fresh perspective morning.
I’m grateful that I trust God and I can entrust my children over to HIM.
I’m grateful that I can be joyful in hope, patience in affliction and persistent in prayer as Romans 12:12 says.
I’m grateful to be able to come home to a house full of women and hear laughter, stories of goal-setting, hope, children, tears and real raw stuff. I’m more blessed to be in this home. I feel safe here. Praise God.
I’m grateful that even though I had my very first huge verbal argument with my bff last night… I know that today we’ll be just fine. Maybe in 7 days… But either way I know we’ll be OK. We can adult our way through this one.
I’m grateful that I get to be present in my life today.
I’m grateful I’m not trying to perform to show off or gain accolades. I’m simply desiring to stay sober and be the best version of me, authentic and all as I possibly can in this dark world.
I’m grateful for the gift of desperation. It’s what brought back in.
I’m grateful for forgiveness and acceptance.
I’m grateful for my weight gain. Woot woot!
I’m SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOU ON TS.

AMEN AND BE BLESSED BELOVEDS.

17 Likes

I’m grateful it’s Monday, start fresh
I’m grateful that i fought through my default settings to finally plan my week
I’m grateful that i’m not on a bunch of medication to get through my day
i’m thankful my boys are babies, I cried looking at them watching TV, I try to see life through Future Me’s eyes, willing me to appreciate every moment with these boys.
I’m thankful for my beautiful wife, loyal BFF/Teammate/wife for 22 years now, aging gracefully as i knew she would
I’m thankful to my god Jehovah for pointing me in the right direction, daily
I’m thankful for the TS community, helping me rid my life of addiction, 103 days and counting.

14 Likes

Good morning :sun_with_face:

I am grateful that my pain isn’t as awful today.
I am grateful for the tears that my sponsee shed at our step group yesterday. Her tears cleansed our meeting it was amazing.
I am grateful for hugs and the symbolism behind them. The direct exchange of energy from one source to another, chest to chest. They say we need hugs to survive, and I believe it, they recharge our heart.
I am grateful to feel included today alot of my life I didn’t.
I am grateful that the higher dose of my medication felt wrong and I stopped it after two days. Just another confirmation that my addict is not control of this choice. :pray:
I am grateful that I have been free from meth for close to 17 years and that I never abused prescription drugs. (Hmmmm, well I misused prescription drugs but they were never my DOC)
I am grateful my Dr trusts me.
I am grateful that today is Monday, it’s a brand new week, of a band new life and I am excited to be living it.

:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

14 Likes

I see a BIG difference in you and your posts Cam that make me smile. You are making HUGE strides in personal growth and recovery. It’s a great joy to watch. :blue_heart:

9 Likes

I am grateful for the more positive outlook that has returned to me. I need to be more on guard to protect my personal energy. Without alcohol to numb me I feel the energy other others and the world around me more potently.
I am grateful the days are getting longer. Spring is joyously arriving. In my area the sap bags are being hung on the sugar maple trees to gather sap for maple syrup making. The day of seeing sap bags hanging is always one of my favorite days of the year. It means Spring is arriving to me. I am grateful that the old fashioned process of syrup making is still a tradition in my area.

13 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I remembered about “muting and ignoring” on here instead of engaging in something that would be unproductive and cause the moderators unnecessary work.
I’m grateful maybe I’ll remember to use this feature sooner next time instead of trying to figure out if I should engage or not.
NOT!

I’m grateful Alice won’t leave me alone. I guess sometimes she just needs her daddy. I’m grateful she seems ok. I’ll be more grateful when we finally get that urine culture back hopefully today :grimacing:.
I’m grateful I don’t try to rush things. Most of the time. I’m getting so much better at it.

I’m grateful we had fun watching the SAG Awards last night. Bring on the Oscars. I’m grateful CODA won a few awards. I’m grateful for my hearing. I’m grateful I can appreciate how hard it must be for a deaf cast to win an award.
I’m grateful for the handicaps my family had when I was growing up, it’s made me more aware and emphatic to other peoples struggles, especially the ones that are not so obvious to the eye. I’m grateful for my sister who had MS and I learned a lot from her struggles. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful I did all I could to help her. She was my favorite person in the world. 🥲🤗 Love you Susan.

I’m grateful I still have no idea where I’m going with gratitude when I do my list. I’m grateful I just know if I start it with a few basic things my heart and my God will take over and I will be filled with a treasure of unexpected gratitude and that will keep me sober. I got and have had so much in life that I am grateful for. I’m grateful for unexpected tears of gratitude and the way they fill my heart and soul.
Fucking Susan! Get out of my head! She would appreciate that. :rofl: I grateful she was an artist in profanity. :joy: I’m grateful for all the road trips to the mountains we use to take. And all the last minute unplanned camping we use to do. Shit. I’m stuck.

I’m grateful for you all.
I’m grateful for love.
I’m grateful I know what love is.
I’m grateful I can still love someone when they’re gone.
:pray:t2::heart:

I smile because your my brother.
I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.

An embroidered pillow she got me that I’ll never give up.

17 Likes

That’s awesome! What a smart idea. I’m glad you found a way to work with the situation.

8 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful work was kinda productive today.

Grateful sun was shining today.

I am grateful for information as it is calming me.

I am grateful I barely use the heating. It’s warm enough here in my apartment.

I am grateful that many institutions react on what’s happening and cut money cash flow. Everyone has to suffer, sure. I am praying.

17 Likes

I’m grateful for your avatar. Do you mind if I join you?

6 Likes