Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

I am grateful I started the new year with a clear head and slept until half past 6. Then Dora and Paula began to bite my feet. They seem yummy.

I am grateful I have a warm bed, enough food, electricity, some good friends.

I am grateful I have found sobriety, even when it’s hard some days, weeks or even months but drinking wouldn’t help shit with that. I would make it worse.

I am so grateful that the cats are fine.
I am grateful I am fine.

I am grateful we are here fighting the good fight.

17 Likes

I am grateful I made it through 2021.
I am grateful for the friends who didn’t make it through 2021.
I’m not grateful that they didn’t make it … but very grateful for them and the time that they were in my life.
I’m grateful that I didn’t have super challenges to get through 2021. Some seemed overwhelming at the time, yes, I guess that is just Life.
I’m grateful to be able to look forward to 2022, it seems like a very big number, going forward in the 2020’s!
I’m grateful that I am going to look for it to be a good year, that is my wish and my hope, for all of us. For our world.
I’m grateful that my kitty cat’s blood work came back today and it was all perfect, including her urinalysis, which the vet said was remarkably clear! Yay! She’s just slightly overweight.

Grateful for all of you and the trust, companionship, help and camaraderie that is shared.
Grateful that we will all be together to go through the challenges that will be in front of us, no matter what they are.
There will be challenges.
Grateful that we are not alone.
Grateful that @anon74766472 has Paula and Dora, a whole new world opened up to her.
Grateful it’s 2022.

17 Likes

starting the year sober.

17 Likes

Grateful for having Made a sober new year’s eve. To start 2022 sober and fresh.

16 Likes

Grateful to be starting 2022 the same way that I finished 2021 - sober! Grateful to be clear headed and hangover free on New Year’s Day for the first time in well over 30 years.
Grateful to have spent a lovely evening yesterday with my wife, my kids and my wife’s parents. I genuinely love my wife’s parents. They are humble, generous and caring people. Grateful that we were able to entertain them for a change. They usually decline and insist upon having us over at their place. It was nice to reciprocate. Grateful that we will go to their place today.
Grateful to be able to compare how I feel this January 1st to last January 1st. The difference is staggering. I will not bore you with my list here, but I will consider it more fully once I am done with my gratitude.
Grateful to feel like this is a beginning rather than an end. I can feel things coming together in my head. I know that there is more to come from sobriety and I am so grateful for that. Now that I’m over the two biggest holiday dates of Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve, I feel like I can relax into my one year anniversary on the 3rd. I will be grateful to be beyond that so that I can just concentrate on the job of being sober and learning.
So grateful to have stumbled upon TS when I was just using the app to count my days and how much money I have saved. It could go down as the greatest slice of good fortune I have ever had. Without this forum, you great people, your honest shares and your insightful advice, there is no way I would be sober now. I need connection and to be understood, and I have never felt as understood as I do here. So incredibly grateful for that.
Have a fantastic 2022, friends. I am cautiously optimistic about it all…

22 Likes

I’m grateful to wake up feeling awesome this New Years day! I fell asleep before midnight. I ended the year with a day of self care. Good food and rest.

Today the weather is calm. We are going crabbing. It’s cold this morning. I’m grateful for thick, wool socks.

The weather turns bad tomorrow. It’s time to start working on my boat. I’m going to change all the fluids and start her up during this weather break, make a list of parts I need and order them. I’m excited, and grateful!

Its going to be a beautiful New Years day on the water. Im grateful to start out this year feeling good, focused, ambitious and confidant.

Happy New Year!

20 Likes

I’m grateful thus morning to wake up next to my two beautiful kids giggling and laughing. I’m grateful that the sun is shining today. I’m grateful to have a warm home on this cold day. I’m grateful for my physical health. I’m grateful for this community which is helping me get through every difficult day. I’m grateful I feel a little less alone because of the people here who’ve taken the time to talk to me, comment and offer advice. thank you

19 Likes

I am grateful for another sober wake up, hangover, regret and anxiety free.

I am grateful for my husband, who continues to share this journey by my side.

I am grateful there is a roof over my head and food in my tummy.

I am grateful for this community.

I am grateful for this new day and the opportunity to continue the work of healing.

17 Likes

Hello everyone and happy New Year.
I was thinking this morning during my morning meditation about 2021 I had told some people yesterday that I was so glad to get away from 2021. Today I feel different.
I am grateful that in 2021 I quit drinking, I ended a relationship with the only addict I have ever had a romantic relationship with, wow was that eye opening. I am grateful I quit smoking. I am grateful I have a psychiatrist that didn’t give up trying to find a combination of medications that would help with anxiety for the first time since trying medications years ago. I am grateful to have started to heal with my children. I am grateful 2021 sent me on a path back to Christ. I am grateful that even at the heaviest I have been, 230 lbs, I feel good physically. I am grateful that like @Singtone I stumbled apon TS just looking to track my sober date and how much I “saved”. After a few weeks I saw the icon on the top of the page typed something about my 30 day mark and Eric and Carolyn @Dazercat @ShesGotMoxie responded to me before I even closed the app and I have leaned on you brothers and sisters every since. BTW I never did get the money tracker to work. I also found this program Life Rebuilders that has provided a safe sober home and a job to allow school to be my priority. I am grateful that my mom accidentally (God) found her cancer while looking into an unrelated medical condition and with surgery kicked cancer butt. I end the gratitude post each time saying I’m grateful for you and it may be cheesy but it is the truest statement of my day. I really do love you guys and am so grateful to be able to share it can be so cathartic or to read and say nothing when that’s what I need
Happy New Year from Trip

16 Likes

We love you right back, Trip. I’m so glad you’re here and doing so well. Good change comes when we choose sobriety. Your entire post makes my heart happy. :blush::heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful I’m sitting here quietly without a hangover for the second New Years Day in a row.
I’m grateful to be listening to the Kate Bush song. Cloudbursting. As I write this.

“ Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen
I don’t know when
But just saying it could even make it happen.”

I’m grateful for my new daily devotional to start reading. One Day At A Time In Al-Anon. I don’t think I’ve ever read this one. I’m grateful for its first message of my New Year.
“If I allow myself to be influenced by what the alcoholic says and does, it will make blots and smears on the pages of my year. This I will try to avoid at all cost.”
I’m grateful Carolyn is starting a new daily devotional from Al-Anon. And Stella is doing Courage To Change. It gives me a very grateful connection that we might be on the “same page.” And that I always know We All are not alone. No we are not!
I’m grateful for the serenity prayer. I think someone mentioned that the other day. I’m going to be grateful for the things I cannot change. I’ve always thought I do pretty good with this, especially with things I know I cannot change, but I’m going to go even deeper his year. I am going to apply this to my loved ones and to the person that means the most to me in my life. I’m grateful I know I can’t change someone’s alcoholism or change them or get them to stop drinking. Or get them to feel how I want them to feel towards me.
I’m grateful I have to accept the way anyone feels towards me.
Fuck. Just sent this and I wasn’t done. :grimacing: I’m grateful I got it back. Copied. Deleted. And pasted. I’m so grateful for copy and paste. :wink:
I’m grateful I needed to lighten up anyway. :joy:
I’m grateful for my sober life.
I’m grateful for my wife.
I’m grateful for the quality time and the team we make together.
I’m grateful we loved our New Year’s Eve movie together last night. Don’t Look Up. Check the movie thread for the trailer I posted. It was really good.
I’m grateful we both, kinda, made it to midnight here last night and toasted the Times Square dropping of the ball on tape delay. I’m grateful I toasted with non alcoholic champagne. I guess watching the Times Square ball drop is a tradition we have. I’m grateful neither one of us like to watch all the happy fuckers for hours before the ball drop. We watched Seinfeld after the movie and quickly changed it at 11:58.
I’m grateful for all the relationships I’ve made on TS.
I’m grateful for my children.
I’m grateful for all my blessings.
I’m grateful for a new start to a new year. :thinking: “Who is this fucking guy?” I’m sure I’ve never said those words before.
I’m grateful for my pets.
I’m grateful for everyone else’s pets and the pet thread.
I’m grateful I didn’t drink last year and I’m probably not drinking this year. And that I’ll be doing it ODAAT again. That’s the only way I can do it.
:pray:t2::heart:
“………reminding myself constantly that I have authority over no life but my own.
One Day At A Time In Al-Anon

17 Likes

Digging a little deeper to find gratitude today. I promised myself to make it a part of my daily routine.

I’m grateful for Rues wet nose. She keeps nudging it into me to make sure I’m ok or to take her outside. Not sure which one, but she scored a second walk out of it. I’m grateful for the warmth and sunshine. I’m grateful how Rues giant ears blow in the breeze. They look like little bird wings flying through the air and it makes me laugh. I’m grateful that queer eye is set in Texas this season. I’m grateful that I’m going to put it on and snack on guacamole while I watch. You can take the girl out of Texas but you can’t take away her love of Tex-mex. I’m grateful that I have 96 days sober. I’m grateful that I come and check in when I need to. I’m grateful it’s a new year. Love you guys :heart:

18 Likes

I love Queer Eye… Jonathan is adorable! I’m glad you’re resting as much as Rue will let you, and I’m happy she’s there to take care of you. In their own ways, they do. :dog::heart:

7 Likes

I do believe I’ve cried watching Queer Eye more then any other tv show or Movie. I love Jonathan too. :heart: She is not one for resting, me either. We are giving it a try today. :blush: She knows how to take care of me, definitely in her own way :dog:

8 Likes

@Its_me_Stella that made me cry, thank you so much for sharing! :heart::heart:

4 Likes

I had 5 years sober relapsed and drank for the last year and half and I’m so grateful to be back in the program. I was worried about the time I lost and an old timer came up to me and said normal is a dishwasher setting and time is just a f***ing Magizine we don’t shoot the wounded. I’m so grateful to be back in a good home group and have a great sponsor. I’m grateful that relapse happen because it had given me a whole new perspective in aa!

12 Likes

I am gratefull that I stayed sober the first day of 2022

I am gratefull for that I have the chance and oppertunity to start over again.

I am gratefull tor rising up again everytime I fall.

I am gratefull for this Forum :pray::blue_heart:

16 Likes

It’s my pleasure to share.

I am very grateful for her and that things have turned out the way they have. It could have been very different. In a very self centered addict way of thinking 16.5 years ago I used a pregnancy to stop me from putting drugs into my body. It worked for a short period of time then I relapsed and dragged that little girl through active addiction with me.
I am grateful I was able to stay clean through my pregnancy.
I am grateful we are both still alive.
I am grateful for her resilient, caring and forgiving nature.
I am grateful for the look in her eyes when she tells me she loves me.
I am grateful that she is the spitting image of her father. There is a part of me that will never stop loving him and I am grateful to be reminded of him multiple times a day.
In a fit of rage when I was 9 months pregnant and he was leaving me I told him I would haunt him for the rest of his life, it seems those words rebounded and its me who’s being haunted. I am grateful that I am strong enough to handle it.
I am grateful to be in a place where I am ready to heal from that relationship.
I am grateful for this new year and new beginings.
I am grateful to be starting the new year with a fresh new set of steps tomorrow. BRING ON THE RECOVERY!!!

:orange_heart::seedling:

19 Likes

Omg… tears are flowing :cry: This is absolutely beautiful!!! What an amazing gift!

5 Likes

I’m grateful the holiday season is over, it was absolutely brutal for my family. I’m grateful my wife is crying a little less today. I’m grateful the funeral is on a few days, we need to get through it so we can start a new normal.

As always, I’m grateful for you all

18 Likes