Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

Grateful for three years of sobriety. Life is so much better. Thank you

16 Likes

I’m grateful I’m home on my couch with Luna, and we can watch this doc about the last years of Freddie Mercury, which is actually more a doc about aids and how it devastated lives and still does and cry my eyes out thinking how it effected me but still grateful I’m alive and I never caught it which easily could have happened, but I was spared by luck. For which I’m grateful.

Grateful I feel no need or want to drown my tears in boozing or drugging, for I feel what I feel and I am grateful I can feel and am grateful for learning to deal with what I feel. Grateful I choose sobriety over numbness, grateful I choose live over death, grateful to be sober, grateful to be alive.

Grateful I got choices to make, grateful I am learning how to make my choices. January 1 is just another day but 2022 is going to be quite a year. A year full of scary shit. A year that I will be up to deal with scary shit. And I’m grateful for that. And also grateful for the love I feel from all of you.

@Hotic Love to see that friend. Huge congrats.

18 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful today was a good day. We all kind went our own ways and did our own things. I’m grateful my kids are old enough, and trustworthy enough that they can do things without me now. I’m grateful that sometimes they still want to hang out with me😊. I’m grateful I texted my older brother and chatted a bit. If I never face the discomfort around that relationship it’ll never change. I’m grateful that the rainy morning turned into a beautiful, cold, windy day. I’m grateful I got to enjoy the cold weather from the comfort of my living room, and was pretty entertained by a group of hummingbirds that were fighting over the feeder for most of the day. I’m grateful to have read @Dazercat’s addition to his thread. I’m grateful he shares with us because I learn so much. I’m grateful we have this place to share our struggles and victories, and people who understand them.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for lovingly guiding me through today, clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for All my family, friends,TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful that I just got home from enjoying some of the benifits of being clean and sober and working, went and had dinner with friends then to the theatre to watch the new spiderman, dinner and the movie were both good. I’m grateful that I acheived the goal of staying clean and sober an entire calendar year. I’m grateful for lots of accomplishments in 2021. I’m grateful to have goals for 2022 on top of ODAAT clean and sober, like moving, applying to school, finding another job once I move. I’m grateful for a nice walk home during a little snow fall, I have always enjoyed walking while its snowing. I’m grateful to be Canadian. I’m grateful for music and exercise. I’m grateful for daily readings, gratitude, prayer and meditation.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are totally Awesome. Ya you!!

16 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 year Hotic. Great job.

6 Likes

Checking in here and have no chance of catching up with all the wonderful posts :hugs:
I’m grateful to wake up sober. Grateful I see the stars from my bed, that’s beautiful. Grateful I made some memes on new years day, maybe I post them later. Grateful for my three overwhelming funny cats. Them conquering the new home is laughter and fun from dusk til dawn, sometimes also during night (NOT so funny) :rofl:
Grateful I enjoy myself very much these days.
Sending good vibes to you all :pray::sparkling_heart: ODAAT

18 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful Paula let Dora get a bit nearer next to me for cuddles.
I am grateful that today is not Monday. I am glad we have a holiday next week. Some Kings came to do what? I am grateful they did what they did and I have a day off. Balthasar, Melchior and?

I am grateful for TS and that I developed the habit of sharing. During the pandemic it became my major sobriety community.
I am happy that the women’s meeting is scheduled for Jan. (surprisingly, as they cancelled it when numbers were declining and now the are rising. Might be a tactic to signal not losing hope) but I am grateful.

Actually I find it difficult this morning.
I am very grateful I stepped into sobriety and could focus on myself without needing to explain it to anyone. God I am very grateful bc every time I needed support of my ex I wouldn’t get it. Now, I am very grateful!

20 Likes

I am grateful for my twins and for being a mom. I’m grateful that my parents are still healthy in their mid-80s. I’m grateful for my condo and my cats. I’m grateful for my sponsor and my Sunday women’s meeting. I’m grateful to have been sober another New Year’s day and to have baked cookies.

People talk all the time about gratitude lists and this is actually the first time I’ve done one!

20 Likes

Grateful for a warm house on a winter’s day.
Grateful to have lost 30 lbs.
Grateful for some self discipline and restraint.
Thank you all for the honest and some funny shares and memes.
Grateful to build the courage to post in the roll call thread and be more open and further join in.
Grateful to spiritual gurus sharing timeless wisdom
Grateful for positive emotions and inclusivity
Grateful to be honest open and willing.
Grateful to be clean and sober today and waiting on more will be revealed
I hope we can enjoy just being sometimes during our days and shift from the doing mode

15 Likes

I’m grateful that @J2021 found his way back home. I relapsed with quite a bit of time too. It was way harder to come back than I ever imagined it could be. I’m glad you’re here.
Im grateful to come here and celebrate milestones! Congrats @Hotic 3 years! :muscle:!
Im grateful to be home safe and sound from another successful trip.
I’m grateful that a drink feels far away today.
Im grateful for Mother Ocean and all of her beauty.
Im grateful for her delicious crab I’m cooking for a 4AM snack.
Weather is turning shitty for a few days. I’m grateful for a break!

16 Likes

I’m grateful to have time to read and respond on TS. I’m grateful for 799 days sober. I’m grateful for my wife and kids. I’m grateful for you all.

17 Likes

Today I’m grateful for books.
I’ve always loved to read. I’ve read hundreds of books and need to practice this more. This morning I spent time in bed reading to my 5 and 7 year old. We read every night before bed and now my daughter is starting to read too. I’m grateful for the love kindness and compassion my children have for me.

16 Likes

Whelp,

I’m grateful for Talking Sober and all the love and support from each and every one of you.
I grateful apparently there’s a party going on on the check in thread that started before I got up this morning. I’m so grateful so many people could care about my sobriety. Y’all 🥲
I’m so grateful to receive a chip this year from a beautiful soul :kissing_heart: It will be treasured. Especially since it’s my first coin :wink::blush: Best. Gift. Evah!!
I’m grateful I haven’t been hungover in 2 years. I never………., the number of hangovers and blistering headaches I got from drinking at all hours of the day night early morning, especially
the 3 am’ers in the shower, can gratefully fuck right off. And then fuck off again.
I’m grateful my wife said she is proud of me yesterday.
I’m grateful for my late afternoon sunset walks here in Santa Monica.
I’m grateful for the 728 days of posting gratitude. I guess I missed a couple :grimacing:
I’m grateful for my gratitude practice and my children’s addict, which gave me the knowledge to get and stay sober. I’m grateful for Al-Anon.
I’m grateful the Ol Burner is crushing my right thigh with 25 pounds of warmth.
I’m grateful for my mornings of prayer. Oh I forgot this morning :joy: I reckon God will forgive me. Devotionals and gratitude that lays my foundation for a sober day ahead.
I’m grateful for music.
Looks like it’s another “Like A Virgin” Madonna day again Brian. :notes: :rofl:
I might make Cloudbursting, Kate Bush my 2 year song, with a side of Madonna.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful for the Gratidudes.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Gratitude is the key in recovery.
Recovery Elevator :man_shrugging:

24 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years, and what a beautiful chip!

6 Likes

I am grateful for 105 days sober.
I am grateful for a sober NYE celebration, despite hosting in my own home, pouring drinks behind my own bar. I watched as my friends became more “loose” throughout the night and had no desire to join them.
I am grateful that I can enjoy socializing without booze. I enjoy it MORE sober.
I am grateful that my choice to be sober allowed me to drive my son to his friend’s house for a last minute hang out opportunity.
I am grateful that, because of my clear head, I was able to be present for my daughter when she had a bit of a panic when we lost power just after midnight. And then at bedtime, I wasn’t reading to her with one eye closed to keep the words from blurring.
I am grateful that I start a new job tomorrow. I have wanted to transition to this position for a couple of years now, but COVID derailed my ability to transfer. I don’t remember the last time I was this excited to go to work.
I am grateful to read about some major milestones from the folx here- @Dazercat @Its_me_Stella , y’all are so inspiring and supportive.
I am grateful for exercise!!! I have been benched for 6 weeks following a surgery and yesterday was my first day breaking a sweat. It was awesome :raised_hands:

17 Likes

Well done on 2 years sir. :clap:

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to remain clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for ALL my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful to be mentioned by @Dazercat and huge congratulations on your two years sober my friend, awesome. I’m grateful to have my NA homegroup this evening. I’m grateful for music by Madonna and many others. I’m grateful for humor and laughter. I’m grateful the Bills play soon and I have time to watch some of the game. I’m grateful for my sponsor. I’m grateful that I slept well. I’m grateful for freshly cleaned clothes to put on after a warm shower. I’m grateful for this coffee. I’m grateful I can call around and try to find a ride to the meeting later, not really feeling like walking it’s -6°C. I’m grateful for the serenity prayer and the courage to put it into action.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good. Ya you!!

12 Likes

Congratulations Eric!!! :boom::boom::boom:

6 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years @Dazercat :hugs::grin::+1::bouquet::tulip::rose::tada::balloon::star_struck:

To add some gratitude to this post: I’m grateful for my dishwasher, a clean kitchen, TV (watching Darts WM), for a nice talk with my mum when I brought her lunch, grateful we throwed away another piece of furniture today, grateful for the lots of laughter my cats give me :pray::hugs::orange_heart:
And for coffee! I had a delicious cup of coffee today!

11 Likes

Congratulations, Eric. Two years is huge. Grateful for all of your support - not just for me, but for EVERYBODY on TS.
Love the chip. :blue_heart:

10 Likes