Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

I’m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you. I’m grateful for recovery, including mine. I’m grateful for All my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for emails from my Mom. I’m grateful it’s warmer outside today. I’m grateful for music and creativity. I’m grateful for humor and laughter. I’m grateful for my job. I’m grateful to see @Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella typing, Eric loved the deer photos and your yellow hat and shoes are great. @Its_me_Stella congrats on becoming a moderator thanks for your service and for my recovery. I’m grateful for the principles learned from my family, school and church early in life and that they are reinforced now through the twelve steps.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

19 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my cozy home. I love to be at home. Grateful for the delicious beetroot soup I cooked and shared with my mum today, we both love beetroots. Grateful my husband made it to his seminar week without being troubled by the heavy winds. Grateful for a long nap with the cats in the afternoon. Grateful I watched my favourite quizshow today, I miss it most days. It was fun. Grateful I soon will be in bed :blush:

16 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened, at a funeral, no less. Hurts me heart to hear of such vile behavior and sentiments. I’m grateful you can find space for yourself (and I’m grateful I do so for myself when I need to, too) and show yourself kindness and compassion. I’ll be thinking of you. :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Haha, yes, don’t want to wreck those brand new bearings I put in over the weekend…I’ll be flying today!
We skate on a walk/bike path that runs parallel to beach. It’s a busy track that takes us to one of Adelaide’s better known beaches ‘Glenelg’ and back again. 20km.
If ever you are in Australia, hit me up! The more the merrier I say! I’m off now though a bit cool this morning.
Happy 22/2/22!! :grinning:🛼

13 Likes

Thank you for your share. And a special thanks to the Scripture at the end.
I have a sweatshirt that has a light bulb and salt shaker on it and therefore and directly after reading your text I looked up Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Matthew 15:13
“SALT OF THE EARTH”
I. YOU ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH.
A. Salt in those days had two primary uses.

1. The primary use was as a preservative.
    a. They did not have refrigeration so salt was used as a preservative.
    b. When meat is butchered it will soon begin to putrefy because of the surface bacteria.
    c. Salt kills the bacteria and prevents a rapid putrification.
    d. The old prospector.
  2. The second use was for flavoring. Bringing out or enhancing the flavor of food.
    a. I grew up on whole grain cereals for breakfast. Usually wheat or oats. Sometimes my mother would forget to put the salt in the boiling water as she cooked the oats. The taste was flat and insipid.
    b. Have you ever tried eating potatoes without salt. They taste completely different.
    B. I believe that Jesus had both uses in mind when He said to His disciples you are the salt of the earth.

Thank you for my additional Word diving today. I appreciate it. :wink::heart::pray:

I’m grateful to have decided to continue WORDS FROM THE WORD FOR SOBER FOLLOWERS.

I must remember that I ought to remain faithful and steadfast even when no one else is looking or participating.
Amen

13 Likes

I’m grateful that I have not drank today as much as I have wanted to I haven’t, that’s a victory in itself for me

18 Likes

For having the assertiveness and confidence to make 3 important phonecalls today.

For getting through to each place fairly quickly.

For the calls actually being successful and getting each query resolved to a positive outcome.

For feeling accomplished and proud of myself today.

For a safe journey on the back roads to collect my medications today, I have always been too scared to drive on them but today I had no choice as there was a hold up on the main road and I wouldn’t have made it to the pharmacy before they closed.

For having a reliable car, especially after all the trouble and breakdowns I had with my previous one.

For the sunshine today, it never gets old, and always lifts my mood massively.

For 2 binge-free days despite some urges.

For my two cats, for being unapologetically themselves, for being able to care for them and to give them everything they need.

For the TS forum, for all the moderators for maintaining the safe space, and for every member for choosing a better life for themselves.

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

19 Likes

This is a real struggle for me. I have always been an enormous control freak. I’ve driven myself crazy for years trying to control everything, to fix everything for everybody. I know I only set myself up to fail over and over. I know it’s an illusion. I can’t really control shit for shit but I still WANT to be able to. ~ sigh ~

11 Likes

Salt was also used as money. The word “salary” derives from the Latin for salt, hence the expression “worth his salt” in describing someone who is a good worker. Then somebody figured out, “Hey, we can get this stuff by the ton by just boiling sea water” and just like that it was as worthless as NFT. Good to know, right? :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Thank you for this.
:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

7 Likes

Grateful for my daughter and the smiles that she brings me daily.

Grateful for my best friend jim who always supports me.

Grateful for my dad for his support and unconditional love for his kids

Grateful for the roof over my head which I take for granted often

Grateful for all of you
:four_leaf_clover::two_hearts:

17 Likes

Grateful not to be craving.
For being with Hunny
For wiilingness to effort and action
For present moment awareness practice
For health and abundance
For honesty and clarity and our fellowship
For HP’s love

16 Likes

I’m grateful I saw this on IG today and it took me to a link I want to share on this thread. The end of this short interview with the author tied it in to gratitude in a way that I wasn’t expecting and I found beautiful and expansive for my own thinking about gratitude.

“I’m telling you! To be like, “I love it when you just touched me on the arm and said, ‘Are you OK?’” Or, “I love it when you drop off seeds for the garden.” The experience or the understanding of one’s need, also puts us into this other thing, which is realizing, Oh, I’m grateful. You know, I think a lot of imaginations of freedom do not hold gratitude. But the fact is that we are constantly in profound need, which makes gratitude a deep and fundamental aspect of our lives.”

Edit to say, now I need to get this book! :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

:pray:

+Today I am thankful for spending time with dad and my brother and being a part of their birthday party.

+Today I am grateful for talking and connecting with my brother and motivating him with his studies, I am very happy about his convictions and the opportunity I have to make amends for the damage I caused to him.

+Today I am grateful that in the morning I had a great laugh, I laughed like I hadn’t done in a long time and I really needed it.

+Today I am grateful that I chose to take care of my eating habits and lift my butt to play sports. It is very important for my self-esteem.

+Today I am grateful for talking to my mom about my future, because I was able to stay calm and not feel controlled.

+Today I am thankful that I have a clean bed and a neat place to sleep.

+Today I am grateful because I feel useful and more positive in the circumstances I live.

+Today I am grateful that I am aware that a cleaner and more sober day is much more fun.

good night friends, just for today I have not consumed.

18 Likes

Today i am grateful for a normal day, no regretting drunken antics of the previous day
For having abit more confidence in me
For brighter mornings and evenings indicating spring is on its way
For pilates
For food in my belly and a warm home
For here and you
:purple_heart::heart::orange_heart:

18 Likes

I’m grateful I saw the sunrise this morning.
I’m grateful for nature.
I’m grateful for the positive space my mental health is in.
I’m grateful I’ve been doing work on not overthinking and letting go of things I can’t control.
Let go or be dragged :yellow_heart:
I’m grateful for the steady pace of my life these days.
I’m grateful I’m always aware that my addict lives in me and to not loose sight of that going through the daily motions.
I’m grateful for my feelings. I’m grateful I’m sensitive. I’m grateful I think how my words affect others. I’m grateful I do my best.
I’m grateful for pictures of birthday parties. :sparkling_heart:
I’m grateful that when you believe in miracles, you catch more of them :yellow_heart:
I’m grateful for another beautiful sober day

20 Likes

G’morning y’all :sunny::yellow_heart:

I’m grateful for kindness. Those little acts granted to me have saved me many times. I’m grateful for those who make the time to show they care.

I’m grateful for the snow! Lots and lots of beautiful snowflakes falling this morning. I’m grateful I made the choice to move here almost 15 years ago. Having snow in the winter helps me with the blues… the sheer beauty and serenity of it is so calming. I’m grateful I’m here.

I’m grateful for the virtual hugs and love I received yesterday. I genuinely felt it all, and today my emotions have taken a turn for the better. I feel much lighter and brighter today.

I’m grateful for books and music. I’m grateful for the soul friends I’ve found here. I’m grateful for compassion and sweetness. I’m happy to be alive today. :purple_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for something……….
I’m grateful for Stella. :pray:t2: I wish I could help with your sadness and give you peace during a really difficult time. You do so much for us here. Take care of you today. And tomorrow. God Bless you :pray:t2:
I’m grateful for Moxie I see you beat me here this morning. I got something to share with you too if I can figure it out. :pray:t2:
I’m grateful my day has been totally changed up again because of Alice. I think she has another UTI. :grimacing: The storm is brewing. I’m grateful I got through to the vet but their fucking system is down. So we’ll be on hold until they call us back sometime. I’m grateful I’m retired and can just plan or wait my day around what to do with Alice. And I’m so grateful I can be calm and clear headed about the whole situation. I’m grateful I’m not panicking. I’m grateful we still have antibiotics leftover from 2 weeks ago from the last UTI.
I’m grateful I canceled my chiropractor for tomorrow I don’t want to deal with going down there in the winter storm that’s brewing. Actually I just don’t want to think about should I go or not. I’m grateful they understood and rescheduled me for next Wednesday.
I’m grateful to be inside and warm and finally getting to my morning routine or ritual with devotionals, prayers, you guys :blush: etc……
I’m grateful I “battened down the hatches” on our deck yesterday for the storm that’s coming in.
I’m grateful we have plenty of food in the house.
Heat. Electricity. So far. Plumbing. Gas fireplace. All the everyday things we take for granted. I’m grateful I’m on the priority list for snow removal.
I’m grateful for Chewys deliveries. And all my other deliveries. I’m grateful I found our cat food at Target, that I can’t seem to find anywhere. It’s not even a special cat food. :grimacing: And grateful I can add them to my list of deliveries that I’m grateful for.
I’m grateful I’m sober and I still have bacon in the house from Saturday morning. :rofl:. Seriously, if I wasn’t sober there would be no such thing as leftover bacon. I find it a miracle that I have to plan to eat it before it gets too old sitting in the fridge.
I’m grateful it’s so much easier to watch my weight when I’m sober instead of the old out of control eating when I drank all day. Because more food would always sober me up for more drinking. Gosh I’m grateful I don’t miss that life.
I’m grateful for you all.
I’m grateful for where I am in my life with my sobriety.
:pray:t2::heart:

Not drinking makes me a lot happier.
Naomi Campbell

16 Likes

I’m grateful:

For managing to do my cleaning today, again , without cocaine. (The estate agents hired a professional photographer this time, she came this afternoon).

For the mini laugh I just did at the first sentence rhyming.

For laughter.

For a clean home. It feels so nice like this.

For the two iced coffees I had to help me do the cleaning.

For remembering to turn the boiler on earlier, so that I will have hot water for my shower before the CA meeting tonight.

For actually wanting to shower and go to the meeting.

For not feeling anxious, but excited to go.

For having time to do this list before it’s time to get ready. Which means I should be able to do my check-in, before I fall asleep, after getting home later tonight.

For my two cats, they are so sweet and I’m so lucky.

For the TS forum, I’d be completely lost without it. For every member showing up for themselves and each other.

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

17 Likes

I am grateful for second chances and the clarity of mind to notice when I am being offered one.

I am grateful for compassion and selflessness even though at times over this last week I had to remind myself " this is not about you… "

I am grateful that Annie still had a voracious appetite and gobbled up her whipped cream and Hersey chocolate pie.

I am grateful that she couldn’t eat the liver treats fast enough, she was so excited and that she thought today was the best day ever.

I am grateful for at home euthanasia and that Annie passed in her sleep without a care in the world, exactly how I hope to go.

I am grateful that after a week from hell going back and forth in my mind I feel at peace today with my decision.

I am grateful for all the love and support.

Thank you.
:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

17 Likes