I’m grateful for my recovery
I’m grateful for my family
I’m grateful for my friends
I’m grateful for music
I’m grateful that it’s sunny
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

P.s. you are wonderful. ya you!!

6 Likes

Uf! What a week! The timing of getting back to a gratitude practice is no coincidence, let me tell ya.
Today I’m grateful for:

1. My husband, who when he heard me in the other room breaking down quietly from exhaustion, pain, frustration, and sadness, came quietly over, sat next to me and just said, “Hey. I’m here.” Gosh did I get lucky in my partner.
  2. My Mami, who’s extra scary dental procedure went okay this morning and the call she gave me to let me know. We usually do a group call with her sister, my Tia, and she was there, too. We even had a few laughs! As always. Always room for laughs.
  3. The fact that through all of this that’s been going on, I have not had a headache or migraine. Thank the gods! And I’m leaning toward sobriety being the root cause of that blessing.

Grateful for my fellow grati-dudes, yeah! :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Four more nights in old home.
Grateful for you all. Strange to say for me. But so so so true.
Grateful that apparently we have a good new Teammanager.

8 Likes

I am grateful that I am sober and well hydrated with H2O

I am grateful to be pushing through the work week well and working with a friend tonight which always helps the night go by :hugs:

I am grateful that I have AA, TS, and INT… having support is key :key: :heart:

7 Likes

grateful I am no longer a drinker
grateful I can post that
grateful for my emotions even when they swing wildly

Goodnight all

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God
I’m grateful that even though I’m not feeling good I have chicken noodle cup of soup just like mama used to make :smile:
I’m grateful for all the extra sleep I got today
I’m grateful that I can still stay connected to my family and friends even when I don’t leave my room
I’m grateful that the store is close I need to get some Tylenol
I’m grateful to understand that even though I dont like it they require me to get another covid test
I’m grateful for my recovery it does get challenged when things seem to keep coming as life tends to do, its all a form of stress, friends relapsing , family passing away, getting personally sick
I’m grateful that I listened to the grief and addiction counsellor when I first came to Wayside nine months ago. He made it known in his opinion that anyone attending the ninety day program who focused on learning all the different stress management techniques and practice would come out way ahead. I did try to do that and absolutely helps, sometimes for me even just be aware of these things help.
I’m grateful for my grief counsellor
I’m gratefulfor TS
I’m grateful to God
P.s. Did you know your special. Ya you !!

6 Likes

Hope you feel better soon, Brian. Seems like you’ve had a lot to handle, and being sick is not easy. Hugs your way.

3 Likes

Thanks Rosa :smiley: hugs back

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re not feeling good, @I.cant.We.can - you do indeed have a lot of stuff on the go, and I hope tomorrow is better all the way around…

But hey, if you and @RosaCanDo are swapping hugs, and anyone else for that matter, I’m just gonna throw it out there that I’d be super grateful to have one come my way too… :orange_heart: :wink:

4 Likes

Group grati-dudes hug time!!!

4 Likes

anytime M thanks for the hugs and big hugs back

1 Like

Feeling better already. Thanks grati-dudes :orange_heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful for you Jenna! And how you reached out to someone this morning and took the time to talk through it. Proud of you. And I want to say thank you for putting words to how I feel about those “appointments” as you described it. I can’t tell you how many of the dates I made with friends that I’ve canceled out of anxiety. Your strategy sounds like a really good one! Cheers and enjoy your toast!

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God
I’m grateful for my recovery
I’m grateful for my family
I’m grateful for my friends
I’m grateful for music

P.s. May this day be great for you. Ya you!!

7 Likes

Happy Friday!
Today I’m grateful for:

1. Electric blanket “hugs.” My zen den is the coldest room in the house and I don’t mind so much, but I discovered if I lay my electric blanket across my armchair and sit on it my morning is so much more cozy. Like a big warm hug!
  2. Breakthrough days that show evidence of progress, like the day I had yesterday. Sometimes you have to be tested before you know your work is working.
  3. The beautiful commemorative candle that my mom sent me to honor Chucho. I sent her a wreath of local flowers made by a flower farm nearby and she said it makes her smile when she sees it because it reminds her of me. So she wanted to send me something that would make me smile, too. And it does. It has a lovely clean citrus scent that I love, it wafts in my zen den even when it isn’t lit, and has pressed wildflowers all around it. She’s such a sweetie.

And grateful for for my gratiDUDERS hahahaha! Couldn’t help myself. :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Your mama sounds like a good egg!

This morning I am grateful for the crisp quiet right out my front door.
I’m thankful for fresh eggs and good eggs.
I’m thankful that I have somehow always managed to stay employed.
I grateful that I have people to reach out to to share failures and victories.
I’m grateful for my french press and the dog warming my toes.
I am thankful for a place to write all of this out each day.

Have a happy, joyous, and free day y’all.

7 Likes

Grateful to see friends in Sober Time growing in sobriety. They are my heroes

6 Likes

Yup - big penguin huddle above is open to any and all who need a hug! Though lol, I kind of picture the one on the edge as @Dazercat, just making his way over here from other threads, saying “hey, guys, what’s going on? got any room for me in there?”

Always room in the huddle for more gratiDUDERS, (thank you, @RosaCanDo)! :orange_heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful I don’t drink.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze anymore to control my life and feelings.
I’m grateful I’m sober and not hungover.
I’m grateful I had Daisy and Benson on my lap together in restful peace during my devotionals and Bible reading.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful for my Yaktrax.
Even though it wasn’t a fast angry power walk, I’m grateful I was able to get a walk in yesterday.
I’m grateful even though I’ve fallen twice on the ice this week I didn’t get really hurt.
So I’m grateful for my health again.
I’m grateful for God and all his blessings, especially the ones I don’t deserve.
:pray:t2::heart:

** When gratitude becomes your default setting, life changes.**
Nancy Leigh Demoss*

6 Likes

This morning I am grateful to have woken up hangover free. I know I won’t drink today, I won’t be anxiously looking forward to my apres-work drink and nervously hoping I don’t drink too much. I am grateful I will go to bed sober.

I’m grateful to wake up and log on and have this safe space to post and share my gratitude. I’m really quite a private person, but sharing this list (and the sobriety/recovery journey on the whole) is such a rich experience for me. I’m so grateful for this community.

I’m grateful I can learn to accept change that is inevitable, and to be patient for change that I want right now. To all around, just make better friends with change. I am grateful for the support of this community and those in my world to help me with this.

I’m grateful I’m getting better at saying “no” and “no thank you” - and learning to do so with kindness and compassion (hopefully!). Long ways to go here :wink:

I’m grateful for the weekend ahead and the delish things I have planned to do (and not do) to fill my bucket full of energy for next week.

M and D? Remember the odd time when I was in high school when Dad would say he and I were going to skip a day of work and school and go skiing instead? I could really use that day today. I’m gonna take you both with me on the trails on my lunchtime walk, and tomorrow when I have my skis on, and sprinkle my gratitude everywhere in the forest…

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

7 Likes