Daily Gratitude List

No pressure, but I’d never complain if I were ever tagged (on another thread, probs) on posts with pics of dresser do-overs or knitting projects in progress! :smile:

3 Likes

You’ve got it! :smiley:

1 Like

Grateful I’m going on a date holiday tomorrow for a week then grateful I start uni after that. Grateful that 10 years ago I had a criminal record and was in such a bad space that I certainly never imagined myself coming this far.

7 Likes

Thanks for that little outpouring of love, Emm! I sincerely appreciate your presence here too!
I’ve been here for awhile. The unconditional love and support is amazing here. I’ve had some success and hard lessons and straight up obstinance and selfishness. I suppose there’s a testament to all of those things in the corners of this place if you wanted to dig through it all.
It got me started on my path and I am glad to trudge alongside all of you!

3 Likes

Thank you for that. Such a lovely quote.

4 Likes

Grateful for today
I made an appointment with myself tonight. I was reminded today in AA that my sobriety needs to be my #1 priority. That relapsing is a game of russian roulette as we may never come back after even just one time. So tonight I am checking out early. Like my winter spirit animal this cold is settling in and I need to slow down. Time for some reading by the fire cozied up with a fluffy blanket.

Love to you all♥️
e52da0c2d8b18189aac02d85e8e3a066

7 Likes

Yikes. I hadn’t ever heard that. I need to think strongly about that statement. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Grateful for my last day of work in a pub today.

7 Likes

I’m grateful to God, thank you for another clean and sober day and please help me to rest well tonight.
I’m grateful that I got my one year AA coin tonight I can’t deny I have been wanting one.
I’m grateful to feel the pain of life and know pain goes away and helps us grow.
I’m grateful for understand that numbing that pain doesn’t work.
I’m grateful for recovery teaching me these things.
I’m grateful for my parents and sisters.
I’m grateful to God.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You can be happy, healthy and strong. Ya you.

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful I’m sober and I don’t want to drink.
I’m grateful for coffee and the sunrise.
I’m grateful that my Dads room at the hospital has a window to the courtyard and that I can go visit him through the window today.
I’m grateful for my family.
I’m grateful for my husband.
Everyone have a great day❤️

7 Likes

Wonderful list!! Great job on the coin. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

I’m grateful I’m not a drinker.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze anymore for anything for any reason.
I’m grateful I’m not hungover.
I’m grateful I’m sober.
I’m grateful to God.
I’m grateful for all the support and encouragement here at TS.
I’m grateful I got most if not all of the Christmas decorations put away yesterday.
I’m grateful it’s going to reach 50 F today.
I’m grateful the sun is out.
I’m grateful for a sober snack less Super Bowl Sunday.
Grateful I got ribs to cook.
I’m grateful for my wife, still not drinking gin, and kids, and their spouses, and my sister.
Grateful for the love of my mom and dad and wonderful older sister RIP :pray:t2:
Grateful for my pets. Especially Mavy who just jumped up onto the top of the back of my chair and his tail is smacking me in the face as I write this :joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat:
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Today I’m grateful for:

1. Bacon from the local farmer - I’m pretty sure it was the best bacon I’ve ever tasted.
  2. Sober Sunday mornings with a bright and sunny kitchen and cheating on my intermittent fasting plan for a day.
  3. My houseplants, who are getting some tending to today. I love them so much! It’s hard to explain how much they mean to me. My husband says one day we’ll have a conservatory or greenhouse and it will be full before he knows it.

Today’s about simple pleasures and everyday joys. I’m grateful for my TS amigos, too. :green_heart:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday.
I’m grateful for my recovery day 387
I’m grateful for my family
I’m grateful for my friends
I’m grateful for TS
I’m grateful for my morning routine
I’m grateful I slept well
I’m grateful to God

P.s. I believe in you. Ya you!!

7 Likes

Today I’m grateful for the cold, sunny day, that it’s been such a good and full busy day - all by myself puttering in my own wee home - that I only realize now my morning gratitude list is mid-afternoon gratitude!

I’m grateful for my motor vehicles membership (cheap, and I’ve never needed to use it until this winter!), and for the cheerful buddy who just showed up - hours early, even - and gave my battery a boost. Poor little putt putt, she got cold!

I’m grateful that my car not starting just reinforced how much I have (good food in my frig and freezer already, for example), and how many options I have if I actually need anything. I’m grateful for all the gifts of sobriety - the ability to see my glass half-full (no, running over) being one of those gifts.

I’m grateful to see so many new Grati-dudes! Welcome @mejorando! I’m grateful for all the fellow grati-dudes, and for this community of TS.

M and D? Today would be a Sunday call, and I’m already smiling imagining our conversation. Grateful for all the calls we had, even when it seemed there wasn’t much to say there always was, you know?

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful for this new audio book I started listening to. I’m grateful for the person who recommended it. I’m grateful for the author for writing it. I’m grateful I’m sober today.

7 Likes

I am grateful that I am sober, not hungover, and not contemplating the next time I can get drunk because i don’t drink.

I am grateful to be working tonight so that a friend can enjoy the superbowl.

I am grateful that I have tomorrow off and plans with my sister (which is possible because i get covid tested at work). My sister has expressed a desire to stop drinking so we have some sober lunch plans tomorrow. :heart:

7 Likes

I’m grateful for my recovery and that I value it greatly and put it first tonight and choose to try and relax now
I’m grateful to God please help me relax and sleep well and thank you for getting me into a safe clean and sober bed tonight
I’m grateful for Wayside
I’m grateful for the 12 steps
I’m grateful for my friend Kevin giving me verbal support when I need it
I’m grateful for my family
I’m grateful for a good day and the opportunity to make the next day better
I’m grateful to God

8 Likes

Grateful I can’t stop time.
Grateful I am still sober.
Grateful I found this new apartment which I already like.

8 Likes

Grateful to be sober
To have sucked it up and gone to a therapist
To be saving money
To have parents who are alive and care (I’m 44…parents are getting old)
My kids

9 Likes