Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Right back atcha, my friend! Your posts always seem like such a great example of grace, kindness and gratitude even when things are tough. I want to bonsai my growth into something like that someday.

5 Likes

Day 15.
Today I am simply grateful for getting through yesterday without a drink. As tempted as I was, I did not pick up.
Today is a new day :heart::roller_skate:

13 Likes

I’m grateful for contact from one of my family members so someone finally let me know about the passing of another family member.
I’m grateful I am getting to know myself.
I’m grateful I can recognize and sort out emotions before I let them get to carried away today as opposed to when I was drinking or even the first few months of sobriety.
I’m grateful my family trusts me enough to let me know when they feel I am falling short so I can do better.
I’m grateful for my job.
I’m grateful for my sponsor, the 12 steps, my therapist and everyone in my support system.
I’m grateful to know I will lay my head down tonight sober and sleep well or not, I will open my eyes hangover free tomorrow.

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I danced last night.
I am grateful internet can help me solve problems I didn’t have faced before.
Sudo apt-get fuck it :exploding_head:
I am grateful there is a manual or tutorial for almost everything.
I am grateful that despite I barely slept I am not hungover.
I am grateful I don’t drink. I wish I could help people. But they are ready when they are ready.
I am grateful I don’t have to form alliances like I did in early sobriety. I am grateful it’s not us against them anymore.
I am grateful for coffee.
I am grateful for so many people here.

13 Likes

I am grateful today for my cozy apartment, nourishing meals and a restful sleep. I am grateful I have friends I can call when I need someone to talk to and who will also call me, when they need support. I am grateful I could let go of some of my overall bitterness and resentment. For the longest time I felt it was other people who had to do something about it. Really it was me, holding on to it. I am grateful I can let go. Now, the Sun ist coming up, coffee is ready - have a wonderful new and sober day, fellow gratidudes. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

What a beautiful post! I’m grateful for you and your sharing here :heart:

Grateful for the cold weather today. For my delicious pumpkin spice coffee in the morning.

Grateful my family is safe under my roof. Grateful I still have a few years with both my kids at home. I’m grateful I intend to spend these years present and sober.

I’m grateful when my son came home super late last night he apologized. I’m grateful he is a teen who is pushing boundaries but also acknowledging the consequences of his acts. I’m grateful I’m more level-headed now to deal with his mistakes.

I’m grateful we are blessed to have enough.

I’m grateful to be planning Thanksgiving dinner :heart:

12 Likes

Struggling to see the positives, so here I am.

I’m grateful for:
Therapy today
Health insurance to pay for it
A day off tomorrow for Thanksgiving
Coffee
My cats :cat:
A cozy place to live
Leftovers making dinner easy
Flexible job and understanding boss
My coworker who has eased my work load
This community
This thread

10 Likes

Hi all im soo grateful i made 90 days yesterday
Its been a hard and long road for 30 years

12 Likes

Show off! Love that quote. Wishing you and your wife a peaceful and easy Thanksgiving D-cat. Quick gratitude cuz I am hungry. Grateful for:
Refuge Recovery online meeting this morning
Alobar and Indigo
Meditation
My family
How “plugged in” I am in my beautiful recovery
Friendships old and new
THIS COMMUNITY
Sage Biscuit heading there n o w
I love you all Namaste

God guru and Self are One

9 Likes

congratulations on your 90 day milestone!

3 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for a long break from work for Thanksgiving . I’m grateful we are able to host, even if it’s not my choice. I’m grateful that instead of being a martyr and doing everything, then getting angry about it- now I share the responsibilities of bringing the meal together. It makes it much more enjoyable. I’m grateful for family. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day❤️

12 Likes

I’m grateful my first reading was exactly what I needed this morning. It almost always is :blush::grimacing:
I don’t know whether to do a happy face or frowning face :joy: but I’m grateful I’ll keep my sense of humor. Even if it’s just to myself. Anyway…. The reading.
I’m grateful for in ODAAT in AlAnon is. “What happened yesterday need not trouble me today.”
I do wish I could read that. Snap my fingers :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: and then completely forget about what happened yesterday. But it’s just not that easy. I am grateful that maybe it is getting easier.

I’m grateful I’m powerless over alcohol.
I’m grateful I’m powerless over other peoples drinking.
I’m grateful my timing isn’t always the best timing. It “should” be. :roll_eyes: But it’s not :grimacing:

I’m grateful I’m not fretting about the immediate future. I’m grateful I’m sober and I already played out what’s the worst that can happen scenario. I’m grateful the worst that can happen is I’ll still be sober and I can do anything, and if I have to do everything for Thanksgiving, then I can do that too. And only because I’m sober.

I’m grateful my back feels a bit less hurt this morning.
I’m grateful for my really good ice packs.
I’m grateful I’ve gone over a week without fried food and Advil. Great combination for whatever ails ya :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m grateful I haven’t started a new counter for that one. :thinking: yet :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:.

I’m grateful for baby Norma gifs.
I’m grateful for cuteness over load.
Grateful I’m not moving to Dallas. No we’re not!!
I’m grateful I get to and love shopping for baby stuff.
I’m grateful for Christmas onesies :blush:
I’m grateful for what’s in those Christmas onesies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m grateful I got one more lousy fucking doctors appointment to knock out today at the urologist :roll_eyes: grateful there’s no peeing Emoji :rofl: No I didn’t look for one.

I’m grateful my quiet time is over and I’m calm and collected. I’m grateful for my hot coffee. I’m grateful for all the support I get here. :heart:, and comments, replies, and @. I’m grateful it makes me feel good.

I’m grateful to God and my higher powers. Especially this “home thread.”
:pray:t2: :turkey: :black_heart:

Dear past, thank you for your lessons.
Dear future, I’m ready.
Dear God, I’m ready for another day.

Family share .com

12 Likes

Grateful for another sober morning. Grateful for my family, for my mom, for my friends, for my late stepdad. His wake/memorial was last night at a whiskey focused speakeasy, which is perfect for him and for the gathering he would have liked. I didn’t want to drink necessarily (it was a situation in which my anxiety flourishes) but it was still a bit uncomfortable at times to sit with the knowledge that I COULD drink if I chose to, that people would excuse it as a “special circumstance”. It was a smallish space, loud and crowded. One of the things that mark my stepdad and their group of friends is their often garrulous and straightforward love of life and fun, their warmth and openness, so there were drinks and food and memories and tears and hugs and laughter.

I have a lot of reasons to be grateful for my stepdad, and a lot of good memories of him. He and my mom only married in July, but he’s pretty much been a part of the family since I was 15 (I’m almost 40). At their wedding, we all squished and squished together for a family picture, and he leaned in to my mom’s ear and said “I never realized how much it would mean to me to become a part of the family until just now,” and I loved him and I was happy.

I have a lot of anxiety, and it sometimes manifests as insecurity in relationships, like i always have to be careful because people might not like me all of a sudden. I have a lot of anxiety around my mom’s grief as a matter of fact, because I feel at a loss and unable to find the perfect thing that will provide comfort to her and not being able to find it she will notice I’m not a great person and resent me or be disappointed or whatever. I know that’s my dumb brain, I’m working on it ok guys? The point is anyway, I never ever felt that way about my stepdad. He cared about me, genuinely liked me, and was glad and proud to see me grow up and to become my official stepdad. I feel so proud and grateful for that.

12 Likes

I’m grateful you danced last night too Franzi.
That brought a big much needed smile to my face. Always grateful for your gratitude. :pray:t2::heart:

I’m grateful I’ve lost my “martyr hat.” And pray I don’t stumble across it @Sunflower1

Grateful to see @Deon1 hit 90 days. That’s HUGE!!

8 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 206 days free from weed and alcohol
Todays Boscoes birthday! 3yo
Hubby and his love
A flexible schedule
Online shopping
Coffee
My mom, she is amazing
The support here
AA fellowship
Sparkling water
Leftovers
A comfy bed
Gratitude
Music
Christmas lights
Im not going to drink today and that is enough

12 Likes

That is beautiful Jenny. So glad you shared all of that. Perfect? Only God. “Come down off the cross we could use the wood”. Tom Waits. Just sayin’ maybe lighten up on yourself.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Boscoe. You rock!

4 Likes

I am grateful my eyes are still okay after 25 years of diabetes. I am grateful the atropine is wearing off. Fucking difficult to see.
I am grateful I calmed down a lot compared to yesterday. It is what it is.
I am grateful to be tired. I think I will sleep much better tonight. I am grateful I have another and another and yet another bike to go to work with. :see_no_evil:
I am grateful someone from the group here shared his 100 days with me. It’s good to know someone around who is celebrating.
I am grateful for you.

11 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my neat home. The wood fired stove that makes such a cozy warm ambience on a grey day, the big and clean kitchen/livingroom that allows me to talk with guests while cooking. I’m grateful for friends coming over for lunch and a nice chat. I’m grateful I love to cook :blush:
Of course and every day I’m grateful for the dishwasher.
I’m grateful that the cats sniffed and inspected the guests, even let them pet them.
Grateful for coming here and venting in the morning. It helped.
Today I’m grateful for my life, love, cats, friends and TS :pray:

13 Likes

This morning I am grateful for classical music from the radio with my strong coffee. I had a restful sleep and my house is warm. Yesterday I received the letter with the forecast for next years electricity bill - it stopped my heart for a second. But after some thinking and putting things in perspective I realize, I can still make a sustainable choice.
I am grateful I enjoy my job and can see value in it. I love my colleagues - I learned a lot from some of them over the years. I am grateful we all work together in making our time together as enjoyable as possible.
I am grateful I have enough and the christmas season is about to start (or maybe already started?). I just love all the coziness around that time. May you have a joyful day everyone :orange_heart:

12 Likes