Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Boom, there it is! This is the post I’ve been waiting for. Congratulations on 3 years, my friend!! I’m celebrating with you from afar. I still remember your very first post. Something about it made me say to myself… “this person is ready and I’m going to walk beside him on this journey.” So glad you stuck around with us crazies and I look forward to what’s ahead. :heart: :partying_face:
v5NFDWRwoyqMGfLlPG

9 Likes

Congratulations a really big congratulations :tada::clap:
3 years is huge :grinning:

6 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

I am greatful for this day.

9 Likes

I am grateful for your honesty
I am grateful for your loving heart and generous nature.
I am grateful for your willingness to try new things.
I am grateful for your growth and to witness your spiritual awakenings.
I am grateful youre a grandpa :older_man:
I am grateful that whenever I look out onto the ocean and all I see is blue I think if you.:blue_heart:
I am grateful that you go to meetings and that they help.
I am grateful for whats app chats.
I am grateful for finding soul family in an app.
I am grateful for your sobriety.
I am grateful for you twinnie, congrats on your 3 years of back to back fucking days through one of the hardest years for you. You did it and I am damn proud of you. :sparkles:

12 Likes

“Fat drunk and hungover is now way to go through my Sixties”

You were one of my very first with such a warm welcome. I can’t believe we are both still here.
Thank you for that. :hugs:

9 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

@Dazercat being a part of this community and sharing his journey and helping others along the way
My sobriety, 8 months and one day
My husband and how madly in love we are…its not always like this so im greatful for these good times
Boscoe even though he farted in my face this morning
Coffee
Taking action
AA fellowship
This forum
A final day off before i head back to the office
Not wanting to pick up during this downtime
Progress not perfection
All these aa phrases that seem so gimmicky but resonate so deeply
@Bluekoolaid checking in and being hopeful
Hope
Joy
Everyone here sharing their journies

Peace, light, and love as you walk thru your days

12 Likes

You always making me cry. :face_holding_back_tears:
It’s been a wonderful ride. I’m glad I didn’t miss out on it.
My pace car :oncoming_automobile: Twinnie. :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit @Its_me_Stella
:canada: Never to late hey? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :maple_leaf:

7 Likes

Congratulations Eric! You have and continue to work so hard on yourself, I hope you are proud and realize what an amazing thing you have done :heart:

6 Likes

That is amazing, Eric!! Massive respect and congratulations!!!

Thank you is not enough to express the gratitude I have for you for creating and dedicating your time to this thread - it really has become my cozy corner - and for inspiring me every day :heart: You are an absolute superstar! :star_struck:

8 Likes

3 years!! Thanks for showing us how it’s done. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I am grateful that I’m looking forward to things, like anticipating good things coming.

9 Likes

Congratulations on 3 years friend!! That’s amazing and I’m so happy for you :heart: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Today I am gratefull to realise my life is actually peaceful and calm, the only time it’s not is when I make it not.

I’m gratefull I’m managing the things that I can control in my life and to let go of those I can’t and really let them go.

13 Likes

Slow migration back to morning gratitude. Late afternoon gratitude today!

I’m grateful I put off my out-and-about errands today in favour of one last quiet morning with my coffee, journal, and yoga mat. Errands can wait until tomorrow, when the busy-ness starts again.
I’m grateful for another nice long walk this afternoon.
I’m grateful for my new winter boots. Those treads! New winter tires and boots. Look out, snow and ice. M’s coming and she’s armed and ready. I’m grateful there was no blister badness.
I’m grateful for new tools to use in setting and communicating boundaries with a few people in my world. This stuff is hard, but necessary, if I’m going to truly work my recovery. Otherwise, it’s kind of like trying to move ahead, ignoring that my car needs servicing. I imagine various parts of the car would just stop working, maybe fall off, until eventually the car just stalls out. You get the analogy. Gotta keep my recovery intact, and not turn a blind eye to the things that aren’t aligned with it.
I’m grateful for having multiple gadgets with alarms. This so-called morning person has had 10 days of snooze fest. Tomorrow morning might hurt. I’m super grateful it won’t be from a hangover. :wink:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

Aw, and I’m grateful to share this journey with you, too Billy!

I love this thread and all the Gratidudes too. She said it sooo good :point_down:

In big honour of one of our tribe, methinks…

Cat Cake GIFs | Tenor

Congrats @Dazercat!

Big love to all. :orange_heart:

10 Likes

Evening gratitude time dudes and dudettes

Im greatful…

Im still sober, survived my first christmas and new years sober with the help of aa and this place.
I got lunches cooked and put away for the week
Im committed to be a woman of action this year
Tomorrow i will lead my first in person AA mtg on step one
I had a lovely vacation
Im a lil stressed about going back to work but atleast i wont have a hangover
My family
My mom is available to babysit Boscoe this week while hubby and i are working.
Boscoe loves hanging with my folks 4 dogs
By the end of the day Boscoe is excited to see me and go home
Hubbys gonna do the dishes

Sweet dreams sweetpeas

14 Likes

I’m gratefull that my insomnia tonight with no sleep at 4am* is not from staying awake misusing anything and although il feel anxious and sleepy all day I will still be able to push through and manage.
I’m gratefull at 4am and no sleep only one of the cats thinks it’s time to get up for breakfast :upside_down_face: and the other two are purring away sleepy.
I’m gratefull i am not drunk and used substances and I can reflect to this time of night that’s what usually was happening at this time and id usually be anxiety ridden and feeling Shame and dreading the day ahead of me - I am so gratefull it’s just insomnia (it’s own battle) something I’m not doing too myself.
I’m gratefull at ,4am I am able to come here and share this with you all as always I’m gratefull for all of you :hugs:
I’m gratefull I’m not feeling Shame or dread and can still look forward to the day ahead.
I’m gratefull tonight after the day ahead I will be cosy and ready for an early night :blush:
I am gratefull I can see all the things that are going right and take the good from what doesn’t.

12 Likes

Good morning all :heart_eyes:

I was thinking this morning about how hard we are on ourselves and then I started to think how sad that is…We are here giving it our best shot, wherever we are on the journey, in a relapse, back from a relapse, living clean, it does not matter we are here TRYING to make changes and i thought that is something that should be celebrated , we can easily get caught up in the negative side of life - so today i wanted to say thank you for being here :heart:

I wanted to spread a little love and light so thought wouldnt it be nice if i could hear your gratitude, has I am aware that when you vibrate higher so do I, now I know we are grateful for sobriety, our families, our warm homes etc etc but no I want to go a little deeper than that, what are you grateful for about YOU -

So 3 things that you are grateful for about YOU -

Heres mine -

1. I am grateful for my kindness, my heart is good and I am grateful that I am no able to share this with others.

2. I am grateful for my resilience, god knows I’ve been knocked down, dragged through life like at whirlwind ant times, but still I stand, steady myself and walk on.

3. I am grateful for my new found sense of humour, it turns out I love to laugh and I am partial to a bit of quick wit :rofl: which is wonderful given that laughter is the best medicine.

Look forward to reading about you and getting to know YOU a little deeper.

Have the best day,
:yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:

12 Likes

I’m really struggling with my mental health this morning so forcing myself to find things to be grateful for.

My cat sitting in my lap
Decent “half-caf” coffee
Apple Music
Money in savings I can use for an IOP
Flexible work hours
Appt with my psychiatrist next Monday
The daily crossword puzzle
Distractions helping erase the memory of the nightmare
Fuzzy slippers
Working from home
Knowing I’m not alone in this
Seeing others with months and years of sobriety