Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Awesome mate that’s absolutely FANTASTICLY AWESOME! Legend!

6 Likes

I’m grateful you spurred my memories of teaching my two kiddos how to drive,pretty long time ago. My son learned but living in Boston while attending Tufts and now in Brooklyn he walks or uses public transportation or Uber. That dude can truck I can"t keep up.This morning I’m extremely grateful that Hurricane Ian was a non-event for me and my catpals. Never lost power or wi-fi. Played lp’s all afternoon ignoring tv coverage until my fried Carolyn texted. She lost power at 9 a.m. wanted to know if I had any info. I watched local b.s. long enough to garner some info to pass on. Oc my morning meditation has me centered and the coffee is dee lish. Everything is everything. Alobar draped over my leg Indigo in her condo. Stood on my deck for a bit. Still breezy but no rain. Later on I’ll check on my friends and family it’s early 5a.m. i have RDO at 9 and teleheath w/Gen my therapist at 10. And maybe Walgreens will finally fill my script for my :eye:. It looks waay better but still has fluid in it. No worries I’m grateful to have found a smaller pharmacy and I will surely be happier with them. Always grateful for all of you. Hope everyone has a loving day. Namaste

10 Likes

Good morning sober fam

Im so very greatful for

My sobriety, 151 days free today…5 months saturday!
My hubby
Boscoe
Safety
Family
Coffee
Leftovers for lunch
A busy day which will hopefully fly by
A ladies aa mtg tonight
Everyone here sharing their sober journies.

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

12 Likes

I’m grateful for my 1000th morning hangover free.
And 1001 days alcohol free.
I’m grateful I told my wife yesterday. I’m grateful I realized my stinking thinking about not telling her and putting on my martyr beanie and how much fun that would be. Not fun at all. I’m grateful She was happy for me and we went out to a new pizza place. New to us. And we had fun. Again :blush:.

I’m grateful for all the accolades here and affirmations. I really like that and I’m grateful for that.
I’m grateful I shared a tweet about it on Twitter and my daughter saw it and liked it. And I’m grateful I texted my son. He actually texted back :grinning: My son was proud of his dad :smiling_face_with_tear: And we got to have a few more private text back and forth, which I’m very grateful for.

I’m grateful I shared with my Pilates trainer. She gave me a high five and a great big pregnant hug that caught me off guard. :blush: :smiling_face_with_tear:
I’m grateful for my accomplishment and I want to tell the world. It’s a big fucking deal!
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:
WHEN WE RECOVER LOUDLY WE KEEP OTHERS FROM dying quietly.

17 Likes

Dude, you kick ass!

6 Likes

Im grateful for my job, and that I managed to quit drinking before I really put it in jeopardy. The people here are great, and I enjoy the work and I’m grateful to be able to pay my bills and feel secure.

10 Likes

Today I’m grateful for Miss Marple and Tiglatpileser. They slept on me all day on and off. That’s so cute, I love my three furballs. Grateful Schimanski loves to snuggle around my legs when I’m trying to work in the kitchen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Grateful for my cozy bed, my house, the fridge, the dishwasher, the vacuum cleaner and leftovers :pray:
Grateful for friends and nice chats on whatsapp. I’m grateful I allow myself to hang around doing pretty nothing because I don’t feel good today. A mixture of sadness, grief, anger, resentment, insecurity and loneliness. This too shall pass.

13 Likes

I got to sleep for 12 hours with a short wakeful period in there at 4 am, a nice meditation got me back to sleep. I am grateful for insight timer.
My sponors cake was amazing and when I got home I felt like a deflated balloon. Somedays I forget I have chronic illness that can be exasperated by crowds, functions, having to be ‘on’ mentally… and four hours of tattooing. :roll_eyes: I am grateful that I dont try to push through the exhaustion anymore by using, that I listen to my body and my wisdom when she says, “Enough”.
I am grateful that the silversmithing workshop will be open tomorrow for drop in and that I will get to spend all day being creative. I am grateful for the feelings of anticipation, excitement and longing I have for metal art. I am grateful that I have other ways to be creative today that fill my spirit in different ways. I have been making knotted malas and have found the process the perfect way to meditate. So grateful for meditation, mindfulness and the ability to be… just be.
I am grateful that the plumber who just left was able to unplug my kitchen sink without much hassle and I am grateful for my man-friend who refered the plumber to me.
When I was in active addiction my life was full of scam artists, liars and people who would do anything because they were just trying to survive. My life looks a lot different today and so do the people that surround me. Instead of doom and gloom I am surrounded with light and love. I am grateful for choices.

13 Likes

Day 100
I’m grateful for my journey to self development. Journaling, working out, eating healthy, reading, vision board, meditation. My self growth and focusing on myself, to be mindful and clear minded has saved my life literally. I am so grateful for this peace I have found.

13 Likes

Day 613. Today I am grateful for my children who show have shown me unconditional love, regardless of my state of mind, or previously, my state of intoxication. Tonight is the first speaker meeting/potluck for my fairly new AA home group. My wife and kids are coming with me tonight, which is very awesome, as I’ve kind of kept my meetings and home life separated up to this point. I am excited.

13 Likes

Today I am grateful I have made it 90 days without alcohol in my life! I haven’t gone this long (without being in a treatment facility) since I was 13. 35 years of drinking. It’s mind blowing to me. I am VERY grateful to be sober today!!
Grateful for a successful surgery yesterday.
Grateful to have almost zero pain.
Grateful to have a few days off and anticipating perfect Fall weather.
Grateful to have this forum to check into and get support and inspiration from!

13 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Grateful for food , shelter and electricity
Grateful we weren’t effected to badly from the storm . But I did break a window in the Florida room because I wanted to see what was going on outside and lost grip of the door and it slammed into the window. That’s not Mother Nature … that’s on me and my curiosity got the better of me . My heart goes out to all the families and people effected down south. I hope all the animals are safe also . I was thinking last night about this family of rabbits I always see on my walk to the store . I will check on them tomorrow. I always see them living and just being . I’m grateful animals can teach me a lot about life .
I’m grateful for my room and taking things easy tonight.
Grateful for my connection with God
Grateful for my medication and psychiatrist

14 Likes

Boom! Congratulations on 90 days!

6 Likes

Im grateful im off of work. Its ridiculous there with the amount of product they are bringing in. We legit can harldy walk through fhe clothing section.

Im grateful i have the sense about me NOT to freak out on my daughter when she self harms. Shes been doing it a lot recently. She finally has an amazimg therapist. I finally asked her tonight if she even wanted to stop cutting, she replied with not really for various little reasons. I asked even if it hurts me. My daughter said sadly, yes, even if it hurts you. So i dropped it. No point in pushing the issue any farther tonight. She isnt suicidal and she doesmt always do it over emotional turmoil and its not something i understand. Im grateful i can step back restrain my emotions on this one becauee inside i want to over react and force her to stop. But i know i cant and my over reaction would just make it worse.

Im grateful we still have phoebe for now and im grateful we have a washer and dryer to clean the bedding. She is loosing her bladder more and more during the night. Ill be happy to replace the bed later. I can clean the pee but i cant replace her. She still seems happy and having some good days and im grateful for that.

Im grateful calypso isnt mean to phoebe and doesnt really mess with her much at all.

Im grateful for the history of Alcoholics Anonymous. I value what it is the more i learn about how it came to be and the struggles the pioneers went through.

12 Likes

Im glad you shared Shaunda.
I hear you.
It sounds like you are doing a good job handling these difficult situations. Especially by not overreacting or trying to force anything.
Hang in there :pray:t2:
I’ll have you and your daughter and Phoebe in my prayers.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Thank you Eric, im grateful for that also. She and i are very close and for a 16 year old shes very adult in processing things. So, im giving her soace and time to process this through. It wouldnt do any good to try it any other way with her.
Im so grateful for her. She has kept me going in this life more times than i can count. She is nothinf but joy to me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Coming in late with some massive gratitude.

I am so grateful to have survived my very dangerous lifestyle, because now I get to share hope with suffering addicts who cant see much hope at all.

I am grateful for hope, without hope we have nothing.

91B00D81-B70C-410E-A287-C53F9D06A005

15 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful that I went to the meeting last night. It’s called circle of friends and has no program. So many interesting and welcoming people. And the average age is also good.
I am grateful my mother found my grandma on the street walking home. She ran away after only 2 hours in a short time nursing home. They already wanted to look for her with a police dog. She walked more than 6 km but in the right direction heading home. She has dementia in a bad stadium.
I am grateful I slept so good this night.
I am my tongue is healing. I had a huge blood bubble under the tongue on the side which I opened of course right before my chilli dinner 2 days ago. :exploding_head::scream:
I am grateful for community and my yoga session which is about to start now.

I am happy I finally understood what a Florida room ist after I googled it. :see_no_evil: It’s Wintergarten in German.

15 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful that the work week is nearing an end and I will be abme to see my family.

I am grateful to have heat, electricity, food, water and shelter.

I am grateful for my sister and for our close friendship since we were born.

I am grateful to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

10 Likes