Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’m grateful that my sobriety allows me to look within and take note of the things I still need to work on about myself. It keeps my ego quiet so I can then work on those things :pray:

15 Likes

Happy New Year! Once again I did not even try to make it to midnight and in that I was successful. The key to my recent years of health and happiness has been much improved care of myself. A big part of that is excellent sleep. So I was all tucked in and happily snoozing by my normal 9 pm. All snuggled up with my hubby and chihuahua and glad to be home.

We had a wonderfully relaxing vacation in Tybee and brought home some cute Tybee stuff for our beach house porch in Lake Mills. We ate so much seafood that I’m growing gills and we had so much fun walking on the beach that I can still hear the waves in the back of my mind.

We are at the start of the new year today and I’m grateful to be healthy and happy and have a loving and safe home. I’m grateful to have a lot less stress in my life than I did a few years ago and to have work that brings me challenge, a little frustration and a lot of reward. I’m grateful to have a loving mate and some old dogs and a cat to keep me company. One of my favorite parts of traveling at the holidays is to see more of the world and reach the determination that my home is best. And once again I get to start a new year with peace of mind that I am right where I should be. This morning I have a clear mind and a rested body and am ready to start 2023 with a quiet day at home with the pets and the hubby.

In a few weeks I have an important birthday and my personal reflection is that I’ve learned a helluva lot about how to make my own joy. And for that, I am grateful and humbled by all that I have experienced in my life.

I don’t make new year resolutions because I’m pretty occupied with taking care of myself and my people one day at a time. So far so good. I wish you all a peaceful and happy new year finding your way to your joy.
#lucky
#grateful

17 Likes

Happy New Year lovely humans :partying_face:
A lot has changed inside me this past year. I’ve never been afraid of change. Living all over the country or new jobs. I’ve had lots. I spent a lot of time changing things hoping I’d hit the magic combination. The one that would finally make me happy and whole. The missing puzzle piece. NYC/college student. San Fran/ manager of an artsy coffee shop. Denver/ manger of a really fun brunch place. These were my identifiers. This city, this job were the change I needed. Turns out none of that was the case. I drank lots filling the void and hurt that each new place, job, partner filled temporally.
September of 2021 was the last drink I had and finally I decided to change something. Not where I was geographically located or what my
job was. I decided to change my habits. Starting with just one. That was 461 days ago as of today :yellow_heart:
During that time I have changed lots of habits. I started doing things that showed myself love. I processed years and years of childhood trauma. Of my own mistakes. Then one by one, in my own time, I began to forgive them all. I’m still working on it but each time it feels like I am new. Lighter. On the first day of 2023 I do not feel stuck. Or lost. For the first time that I can remember in my adult life- I feel home.

I am grateful for this community and that it’s filled with people who share their lives and challenges. I’m grateful for the possibility and magic in every day. I am grateful for life, just as is, with all its imperfections and beauty. I am grateful for how far I’ve come. That right here is exactly where I belong. I am grateful :yellow_heart:
Happy 2023 :tada:

17 Likes

I’m grateful my 40 days of listing ten different gratitudes or whatever the hell I was doing is over. I think I nailed it! I’m grateful that exercise made me think so hard my waking hours about what I could list that I was grateful for and not repeat anything. I’m grateful I came up with so many different things to be grateful for and half of them probably didn’t make the list.
I’m grateful that exercise made me feel even more grateful and more ”Present,” during the day.

I don’t even think I mentioned how grateful I am for Insight Timer.
The size 16 Keen Clogs that showed up in the mail fit perfectly and so did my New Keen boats. I mean boots :blush:.
Im grateful I got happy feet. That’s almost better than going to a meeting.

Im really grateful and excited about my New Years devotional plan. Excited and grateful I finished my 2 daily readers and I get to pick a new daily reading devotional plan. And I’m grateful I got a really good exciting plan for 2023 mornings.

Im grateful I can go back to just being grateful for my coffee. My coffee that stays hot for 80 minutes :coffee: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Or a cat on my lap. Or the Ol Burner! Or like right now I can be grateful my lap is unencumbered.

Im grateful for the pelting rain on my kitchen skylight. We are suppose to get up to 20 inches of snow. But right now it could be flooding rain. The weather, just like alcohol and the people dearest to me in my life, I have no control over. None! Zero! Zip! Nada! And I’m gratefully learning it’s actually better that way.

I’m grateful for Al-Anon and I’m grateful for you :hugs: Ya you! :pray:t2::heart: If Brian isn’t gonna say it @I.cant.We.can Then I’m stealing it!

Happy 2023. Let’s be grateful for the good things that are coming!!

19 Likes

One year. One year ago I woke up with my last hangover. One year ago I woke up knowing I wasn’t drinking anymore. I knew I was going to stay sober so I’m not surprised to be here but I’m also really freaking surprised, and I think this group of people are the only ones who can actually understand that. Lol

I am grateful for this app and this thread. I stepped away after the first few months of my sobriety, not because I had a problem with it but because it’s going to take a much longer time for me to learn how to continue to do the things that are good for me on a regular basis.

I’m grateful for communities like this I have found. I think about many of you in this thread on at least a weekly basis and realize I probably should look for an in person thing because I’m wanting to expand my sober life with others who understand.

I’m grateful for my husband. We have had a hard year but we have managed to stay a team and he has been so amazingly supportive about my sobriety and introspective of his own.

I’m grateful for my Plant Shop. The financial stress has been incredible and nearly impossible to deal with at times but I think I may finally be at the point where I feel like it was worth it. I have worked so hard and learned so much, I truly feel like a different person than I did when I opened. My CC companies will never talk to me again but I am grateful that I don’t really care about that in light of everything else and I’m grateful that all the hard work seems to be paying off. I’m also grateful for all of the people I have met this year, it’s been amazing.

I’m grateful to have finally not broken a promise I made to myself.

I’m grateful for feeling like I can focus on other goals now that I’ve made it to one year. I’m also grateful for knowing that even if I go another year without any major goals accomplished, it’s ok.

I’m grateful for @Dazercat telling me about sober living and that I found a chip I like and I hope it gets back in stock soon so I can order it.

And finally I’m just grateful to be alive, remembering my moms one year sober party and knowing how proud she would be of me today. She was sober for almost 5 years when she died and was a wonderful example of what not to do and then what to do. I miss her a lot today. I should have seen that coming but it seems to be hitting me like a ton of bricks right now. I’m grateful for that too. Sometimes it’s such a gift to get gutted about someone who has been gone a long time because it reminds how much love you had in your life from them.

16 Likes

I love this @Dazercat i would heart it but ran out. I cant believe its already been 40 days of your 10 unique gratitudes. I look forward every morning to your checkins and gratitude. Have a happy and healthy new year my friend

10 Likes

Aw… thank you :pray:t2:
It was close enough to 40. I remember it was before thanksgiving and I was too lazy to do the math. January 1 seemed close enough.
Blessings to you in 2023 :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you for the kind words

7 Likes

Good morning sober fam and happy new year

Im so incredibly greatful for

All my blessings, seen and unseen
My sobriety, 8 months free from weed and alcohol
My husband and his love and support
Boscoe, my son who so badly needs a haircut
Not only surviving but enjoying my first new years eve sober in many moons
My full heart
My joyful mind
Insight timer meditations
Our upcoming guided meditation to set our intentions for the year - hubbys coming too!
Spiritual progress
My healthy family
Better mental health
Motivation to improve my health
Each and every one of you times a million
AA and the twelve steps
This community

All my love, light, and positive energy

15 Likes

Good morning and Happy New Year!
I’m grateful, like so many of us, that I found this place. Stumbled onto it by accident, although in hindsight I think I was guided here by my higher power because I needed you all. I’m grateful to have a place to look for help, answers, fellowship, support, and love. I’m grateful for making a life worth living. I’m grateful I don’t feel like I need to blur the strong feelings anymore. I’m grateful that gratitude has become so important in my life. I’m grateful that I can try to show to others how gratitude can help. I’m grateful I didn’t even try to stay up until midnight, I was able to sleep through the fireworks, and I woke up early feeling good. I’m grateful I got to do a little bit of jogging with my son. I’m grateful we both feel great now. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

P.S.
Ya you @I.cant.We.can!

16 Likes

Congratulations on your year of freedom Jessica.
Beautiful share :hugs:
I’m so happy for you and that you stopped by to celebrate.
Blessings for you in 2023
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

I’m extremely greatful I’m sober

I’m greatful for my amazing wife and the help she gives when I’m in my head

I’m greatful for this community of people and the awesome advice, experience and hope they give myself

I’m greatful I’m not in this alone

Happy new years day to everyone :two_hearts::tada:

15 Likes

Thank you so much, that means a lot. I’ll see you more in here!

6 Likes

Good morning beautiful souls. :sparkles:

I am so grateful for a brand new year. 2022 was an incredible year for me and I am just going to carry that positivity with me into 2023.

I am grateful for NA and the people who dedicate their service work to activities. I am grateful for the NYE party that we had last night, for the full room of miracles I was a part of ringing in the new year. I am grateful to have had three of my sponsees with me showing them we dont need dope to have a blast. I am grateful I can still party like a rockstar and it only takes one Monster energy drink instead of copious amounts of drugs.

I am grateful for my HP, and how it guides me. I am grateful that all it takes to boost someones confidence is a little gentle coaxing. I am grateful that I get to share all of my gifts with the world and that when I give myself I get back in ten fold.

I am grateful that I am learning how to protect my energy better and boundaries feel more comfortable. I am grateful for crystal grids, singing bowls, yoga and meditation.
I am grateful for the Gita.

I never used to make New Years resolutions for the same reason I have never had other goals. Fear of failure. I am not afraid anymore, so this year I am making a resolution. 2023 will be about more connection; connection with others, connection with the universe and connection with myself. I wish you all a blessed year. :heart:

17 Likes

I am grateful for knowing Jesus Christ and the gift of Faith.
I am grateful for all the pain and suffering because I have met true friends and how I need to change

9 Likes

Grateful for my first New Year’s celebration sober in a decade.

Grateful for meaningful conversations and comnections with my family.

Grateful I have hope that 2023 will be a year of change, growth, and facing challenges with a clear mind and a calm heart.

Much love to you all! :heart::heart::heart:

17 Likes

Congratulations on your 9 months :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Congrats on 9 months!! @desert_rose proud of you

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 9 months Anna. What a spectacular sunset pic. And what a spectacular accomplishment on your 9 months of freedom.
You are :point_down:
Happy NY
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

It’s the future. I work as a Radiologist at the hospital that is close enough to bike to. I live in a nice house near the beach with my family…My wife , daughter, and pit bulls. I’m part of a community that looks after each other. We have cookouts and holiday parties. I have a man cave that is a recording studio. I have a couple dirtbikes. I go on vacations with my family. Most importantly im sober and happy. I love and I’m loved. I have peace and contentment. What keeps me on track is church and meetings which I frequently go to as a outlet.

Im grateful this future is possible. I’m grateful this future is possible as long as I don’t forget. As long as I don’t forget how cunning baffling and powerful this disease is. I’m grateful thinking about this future makes me happy. I’m grateful this life could happen

15 Likes