Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Aww I’m so sorry for your loss​:broken_heart:. What a sweet little guy. I’m grateful this forum helped you. I’m grateful for everyone on this thread. I just read 10 beautiful shares. This thread is central to my well-being. I’m grateful that I will miss Gen my therapist because that means she and I agree that my monthly meetings with her are finito. We healed me. Grateful she called me “monk brain” one last time. Grateful she asked me to stay in touch. Grateful af for the affection I feel for her. I FEEL that’s a miracle. All y’all have a joyous evening. Namaste :pray:t3:

God guru and Self are One

12 Likes

Im so grateful you decided to post here and share with all of us. Grief is a tough one. You gave him so much love the last 1.5 years! He knew he was safe and loved.
I love you and my heart goes out to you and riley. Healing and loss takes time.
I love that picture of Max. Thank you for sharing it with us. :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Late gratitude…

Im greatful for my sobriety, 215 days!
Im greatful i was productive on my day off.
Im greatful i got a nap in
Im greatful for Boscoe
Im greatful for family
Im greatful to feel a sense of purpose.
Im greatful we found a fast and cheap hibatchi spot today…yum
Im greatful i have my christmas shopping done…now to just wrap them…
Im greatful for bubles and so many non alcoholic drinks.
Im greatful for AA, the message, the program, the steps, and the people who came before me
Im greatful for everyone here. I love you all.

Sending light and love

13 Likes

Thank you Shaunda and to everyone that reached out with condolences. :heart: :hugs:

Early in my sobriety, I often talked about and posted pics of Max. In a way, I know he helped me as well. He had some challenges in his life, yet he was always so happy and did not let anything get in his way. I’d like to think his positive attitude helped me understand that I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, but beating myself up over them is just a time suck. That’s why when I did slip up, I refused to do that. I felt some couldn’t understand why I stayed positive, but hopefully it helped just one person try it. It’s much easier to stay on a sober path when you’re not hating yourself. Every day you’re sober IS a win.

I’m grateful for all of you. I’m grateful for Max :dog: and I’m grateful for Riley :smiley_cat:.

I will probably rescue again, and good chance it will be another senior. I have faith, and will let God decide who I can help, and at the same time, will probably help me more. :innocent:

14 Likes

I’m grateful this day is over. It was not my favourite kinda day by a longshot. Meetings and calls crammed into every nook and cranny of the day, jammed together like sardines. (Not all of it was my doing, though I say that without blame to anyone else. Was just the day.) Glitchy wifi and a server down in the middle of it all, and trying to sound like Tinkerbell when I say “I can’t join your fucking meeting because it’s 1990 at my desk right now, ok? No email, no mtg link, no zoom, no teams. You might think this means I’m lounging around eating bonbons and not working. You’re wrong.” There, glad I got that out.

I’m grateful for those colleagues and clients to laugh with when this kind of day comes along. There were a few good laughs today.

Though yesterday was long, getting ready for today, I’m grateful I went to my Sangha. (I didn’t make it here, but here I am now.) I’m grateful I didn’t work too late (sooo not good for me) trying to finish something that, it turns out, the client with the broken server wouldn’t have even received. A nice affirmation from the work gods. :wink:

I’m grateful I don’t blow off rage-y steam anymore having a Friday drink (or two, or eleven). I’m grateful I had a nap, then put my desk back together from the day, cooked a nice dinner late, and indulged in getting caught up here. Super grateful. And will be super grateful tomorrow morning.

I’m grateful for @Soberbilly’s kind words to me. I’m also grateful for christmas spices, @Pandita - I have a candle that smells like tea my Mom used to have at christmas. Yes to blooming peace lilies, @KrispyMac! I’m grateful for the little video from @desert_rose. It was like a bedtime story for me last night. Grateful for small things that make me smile, like learning that @KarenKW (with one week sober!) has a cat called Beans.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

18 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about Max’s passing. I can’t agree more about what you’ve written here :point_up_2:. I think my good dog girl was the first to take my hand and lead me to recovery, and start over with me again every time I slipped. Just as she has never really lost faith that she may one day catch a squirrel.

I wanted to share this poem with you that has helped me with all kinds of grief. The author has even written a whole collection of poems about dogs. I hope it resonates with you.
Its good to see you. :orange_heart:

The World I Live In

I have refused to live
locked in the orderly house of
reasons and proofs.
The world I live in and believe in
is wider than that. And anyway,
what’s wrong with Maybe?

You wouldn’t believe what once or
twice I have seen. I’ll just
tell you this:
only if there are angels in your head will you
ever, possibly, see one.

• Mary Oliver
14 Likes

Oh, I am really sorry to read about Max’s passing. He looks like such a cute fluff in this picture. Sending hugs. :orange_heart:

8 Likes

I’m so sorry to read about Max’s passing, Maxine…and very grateful for your beautiful words about how he helped you and how you feel like you’ll rescue again…beautiful sentiments :heart: Sending you warm hugs.

11 Likes

Checking in extra grateful today for 1 year and 1 day sober. I am grateful I granted myself this gift. I am grateful for the sound of happiness that has come back into my life. I am grateful for all of you, who helped me evolve it into a beautiful tune. I am genuinely grateful for my life today and the possibilities it holds. Thank you all :orange_heart: :pray:

16 Likes

I am sorry for your loss @maxwell . I always love the pics of both of them. :upside_down_face:

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for candles.
I am grateful I can walk.
I am grateful Yoga came into my life.
I am grateful I found TS.
I am grateful I realized some things yesterday. They sounded like excuses. They probably are. They are also a reality for me and I have to handle them. In some time. It’s me who is responsible for it every fucking time. Yet, there is time to put the hammer back and stop beating me down for being down already.
I am grateful it’s the weekend.
I am grateful that in less than 3 weeks the days are getting longer again :grimacing::tada::partying_face:

16 Likes

Oh friend! So happy for you! So grateful for you! So grateful you are sharing this beautiful tune with us, and for letting us share in your joy!
I’m grateful for the sound of happiness in your life, in all of our lives. :orange_heart:
Congratulations!

Birthday GIFs – Mochimochi Land

11 Likes

Good morning,
I’m grateful my sister is recovering well from Covid
I’m grateful I didn’t drink yesterday
I’m grateful to go volunteer this morning
I’m grateful I get to spend time with a good friend this afternoon
I’m grateful I can be there for him while he’s struggling
I’m grateful for my cats snuggling with me
I’m grateful for headache medicine
I’m grateful my nightmare wasn’t real
I’m grateful to start my day feeling grateful

15 Likes

Lunchtime check-in: I’m grateful for delicious food. I’m grateful for masks, I always wear a mask when I go shopping, I want to protect myself as good as I can.

I’m grateful the cats were roughhousing after lunch. It was so funny.
I’m grateful I realize that I’m still grumpy and angry at my husband. I’m grateful I practice pause and the serenity prayer.
I’m grateful my afternoon will be filled with cuddling cats, a nap, watching series and drinking tea.

13 Likes

Congratulations Pandita. One year one day one joyous soul. Very grateful for your peace and for you. Rock on my friend. Grateful early morning. Grateful for the honking geese flying overhead for the dawning of this day. Grateful to be present. Grateful for hot coffe and warm thoughts. Grateful for Jimi Hendrix playin in the background. Y’all have a grateful grateful day. Namaste :pray:t3:

God guru and Self are One

11 Likes

Grateful er afternoon my friend.

5 Likes

Im grateful 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. :point_up:
I’m grateful 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. :point_down:

:pray::heart::pray::heart::point_up::heart:

Grandparents are like stars. You don’t always see them but you know they’re there.
Unknown

20 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year sober Pandita and 1 day. Every ODAAT matters.
I’m so happy for you.
I hope you got cake.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for:

My beautiful boys
Wonderful parents
My strength
Healthy (Tumor/Cancer free)

I live to fight another day.

16 Likes

I am grateful it’s Saturday, and I can stay home. I’m grateful to get to spend time with some people I care about today. I’m grateful I was invited to a nice dinner with a vendors sales rep with a new team at work last night, because it was super delicious. I’m grateful that even though I don’t know people well and I was anxious, and even though the table was small enough for me to smell the $200 bottle of wine others shared, I didn’t want to drink. It did give me an uneasy feeling that I didn’t much care for, like when you look over the edge of a cliff and get the feeling of falling or slipping even though you’re not. But it was free, I got to know some people on the team a bit better, and I made relatively ok dietary choices, so that’s definitely a win in my book.

16 Likes

Saturday gratitude,

Im greatful for my sobriety, 216 days free from weed and alcohol
My hubby
Boscoe and his cuteness
Meeting a newly sober sister at a mtg this morning
AA fellowship
This forum and everyones contributions
Im not too nervous and prepared for this evenings dual recovery topic
Its sunny
Leftovers
Microwaves