Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

hellz yeah!!! congratulations on 7 months rock star!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations on the 7 months of ODAATs CJ
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for your brother and his service :pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Good morning, today I am and will be grateful for

Eric being a badass grandpa, thank you for the smile
Topic of gratitude at this mornings meeting
knee pain not as bad this morning
my husband taking care of himself and staying home today
My HP and the knowledge that I donā€™t have to try to fix things
Getting things recovered at work yesterday, the place is a mess.
My morning prayer and very short meditation time
surprise money from my brother with a note that said text latter to find out what itā€™s for. Canā€™t wait to find out what he wants to get my daughter for xmas. I love surprises lol
ā€œBig girl pantiesā€ Iā€™m exhausted and didnā€™t sleep well. Iā€™m gonna put my big girl panties on anyways and do whatā€™s in front of me to do today anyways. If those donā€™t work Iā€™ll pull out the grannyā€™s, granny always gotā€™er done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Watching a lady I work with ā€œget itā€ and come to life.

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful that productivity and exceeding others expectations does not define my worth.
One of my greatest fears since I was little was letting people down. Feeling like I held the world on my shoulders and that if I let it slip it was my fault, on me. My responsibility.
Iā€™m grateful that I can sit with that feeling now and be able to explain to myself how that is just not true.
That my worth is not defined by being able to keep everyone glued together. Something that I felt I had to do growing up.
Iā€™m grateful I can see this now and during a very stressful week I can keep reminding myself: I am enough, I am one person, breathe, eat, get sleep, take care of yourself. Iā€™m grateful I can soothe myself without alcohol. With gratitude. With writing. With crying. With music. With just being and breathing.
Iā€™m grateful that pain can teach me about me. That when I sit with it, itā€™s not as overwhelming. Itā€™s not as scary.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m old enough to tell myself everything is going to be ok.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m learning to slow down and rest.
Iā€™m grateful that when gratitude can feel hard, I know how important it is.
Iā€™m grateful for my big emotions, they will always be a part of me.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m learning to share them
Iā€™m grateful for my life

14 Likes

Morning,
Iā€™m grateful for not drinking yesterday or wanting to.
Iā€™m grateful to hear @KarenKW 's headache is improving with the new tablets and that youā€™ve reached a week. A tough week, you made it.
Iā€™m grateful to be out of the bonk cycle too @M-be-free49. I have kept all my old diaries and used to draw a picture of a wine glass with a zero beside it each day I didnā€™t drink. So grateful to be off the merry-go-round.
Iā€™m grateful to be fed up of the football now. It means I can retreat upstairs to the peace of my bedroom nice and early. Lovely.
Grateful so many posts resonate with me lately, it really helps knowing others are thinking or going through the same things.
:sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Good evening, popped on for some ā€œbefore bed gratitude.ā€
I am grateful for the spontaneous breakfast date I had with G. Grateful for our casual conversation and laughs.I am grateful that after a few deep, honest conversations where I spoke my truth we are now looking forward to Christmas together.

I am grateful that even though I think I may have over stretched my hamstring in yoga today I dont feel like I need to cancel tomorrows class. I trust myself today and I do listen to my body. If it feels bad I know I will stop.

Grateful that tomorrow is Friday which means its silver smithing daaaaaay!!! I am looking forward to setting the stone in a ring I am almost finished. Hoping the snow stays away tonight so the studio is open. :pray:

Grateful that my sponsee reached out, got herself to a meeting and is going to bed clean tonight after life rolled up on her. This loving unconditionally, without expectations and not attaching emotions to my sponsees lives is a real trip I will tell yah.

I am grateful to learn so much everyday and to have 24 hours in a day that I can practice everything I am learning. I am grateful to finally be alive.

:heart: :sparkles:

15 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to catch up slowly on this thread and find a post like thisā€¦fills my heart first thing in the morning. Big hugs to you, @erntedank I can picture your cozy, decorated home and the sense of peace settling in. Iā€™m putting the finishing touches on my decorations todayā€¦

@Dazercat grateful this thread exists. Grateful you created and are diligent about it. Grateful you didnā€™t step away from itā€¦I may not be able to do it daily, but this is where I refill my batteries. I think a lot of us feel the same way :heart:

Iā€™m grateful my life has been busy, full, and any stress is manageable now that I donā€™t drink. Every moment is appreciated.

Iā€™m grateful for the silliest, smallest things. For example, yesterday I was grateful to see the wooden gate for the backyard, and the fact that I had to move one of the planks down so my littlest one can fit his hand through and open it from the outside. Iā€™m grateful because it fills my heart with love to see that. To have a little one at home. To finally be present for him.

I was grateful because I held the door at the office for someone I work with. She was a bit far away, but I waited. She had her hands a bit full, but could probably have managed the door on her own. Since I was not in a hurry, I waited. I donā€™t know her name and we donā€™t work closely. Afterwards I thought to myself: ā€œSometimes doing a simple act of kindness makes us feel good. Maybe itā€™s selfish, in the end.ā€ Does it matter? I was looking for a cute video I saw a long time ago and wanted to share. Not sure if itā€™s possible to see, but here it is:

I digress. This post is all over the place. I think itā€™s the holidays. Or because my dad was in the hospital last week and is finally back home. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll see him in a few weeks. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll hug my mom. It hasnā€™t been easy for her.

Iā€™m grateful for so much today. I was surprised to see my next milestone show in the app as nine monthsā€¦wait - what? Itā€™s been 8 months of this journey and I didnā€™t even realizeā€¦So grateful for each day. Grateful to become myself again. No additives. Just me.

12 Likes

Good morning gratitude :blush:
Iā€™m happy we share so much here on the gratitude thread. Iā€™m with @desert_rose and @PinkyP , there is so much that resonates with me, thank you folks. And thanks @Bootz for the translation of this typical Austrian phrase :hugs: Makes me also smile in English.
Today Iā€™m grateful for the patience people show to me. Yes, I should have provided some proceedings already. I already started to work on it. Itā€™s not finished tough. A gentle reminder this morning helped me to a good mindset to finalize it. After shower, breakfast and catchores, Iā€™m still in bed.
Iā€™m grateful for toilet paper. I stocked up on it yesterday in the master bathroom so this morning, instead of running out of paper, there were new rolls.
I try to be grateful for bƤhhh sleep. I give it a thought like @Bootz mentioned, could be part of the healing process. Sometimes it feels like my soul and brain just vomit erratic crap during the night :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful my husband agreed to pay the energy bill of our farm. Hell yeah, I donā€™t live there anymore, he does, so what. Nevertheless Iā€™m grateful. And there are still resentments because I payed everything alone for the past 12 years ā€¦ MY problem, grateful I can work on letting go also my contribution to the situation. Thanks @Dazercat for your co-dependent sharings. I read a lot about it and take it to therapy. Babysteps.
Iā€™m not grateful that Iā€™m fat. I hate to be fat. Itā€™s my own responsibility to change it. On the couch with lots of yummi food no change will happen. Iā€™m grateful I know that. I would be more grateful if I found a way to move my ass that is NOT stressing me. Not today. Today is friday and fridays are good days.

16 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to have survived the first week sober.
Grateful I have therapy today.
Grateful for my cat Beans asleep in my lap.
Grateful itā€™s Friday.
Grateful I have plans to hang out with a friend tomorrow.
Grateful to see everyoneā€™s milestones, letting me know it IS possible.
Grateful for my favorite Christmas album relaxing and uplifting me.

14 Likes
  1. Iā€™m grateful the free lobby coffee is stronger than the room service coffee.
  2. Grateful I got my ass downstairs to get some and see it was better yesterday and today.
  3. Iā€™m grateful this short weekend in the middle of the week will be the best part of my Christmas. It is my Christmas :christmas_tree::heart:
  4. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s good enough for me.
  5. Iā€™m grateful for babyā€™s first laugh.
  6. Iā€™m grateful grandpa got her to laugh uncontrollably for her very first.
  7. Iā€™m grateful my wife got it on video.
  8. Iā€™m grateful to be part of Babyā€™s first dinner out. She was soooo good.
  9. Iā€™m grateful to be up early with plenty of time for breakfast and headed back home to my own babies. and we are done traveling for the year. God Willing. Keep cooking Gussy :blush:
  10. Iā€™m grateful for my Dallas family :heart: And the new love, different kind of love, between a Father and his Son. And his Sonā€™s new family. :face_holding_back_tears:
    :pray:t2::older_man::christmas_tree::heart:

Christmas is for everyone, adults and children alike. Allow this season to fill your heart, and let go of the things you dislike.
Julie Herbert

17 Likes

Iā€™m so grateful for all you guys on here, and grateful to be a part of a community that is centered on kindness, grace, and forgiveness for oneself and for others. There are times (particularly monthly-ish) when I find it difficult to maintain the level of graciousness and forbearance I strive for in thought and deed, and sometimes when those unkind thoughts pop up I think of you guys and remind myself to give everyone in the world a break and just settle down. Thanks everyone, seeing you exemplify these traits and practice kindness daily is making me a better person. Or at least itā€™s reminding me to try to be a better person. :heart:

13 Likes

Im not crying you are.
:heart:

4 Likes

Im grateful for my feelings and how freely they flow. I am grateful that I can embrace them today and that they dont give me discomfort. I understand that my feelings have been gifted to me to help me get through this crazy life, and I honor them.

I am grateful for visions and the ability to bring something to fruition if I stay focused and go slow. I am grateful that when ideas pop into my head these days I dont cast them away saying to myself ā€œthats an insane thoughtā€¦ā€ I am grateful that I believe in myself today. I am grateful that I dont believe in failure anymore. I am grateful that my best is good enough today.

I am grateful that I can feel my open heart and all the goodness that having it open brings to my life. It is like a magnetic energy that draws positivity and goodness my way. I am grateful to see the massive difference in being guarded and open. Being open is worth the chance of hurt.

I am grateful to see light snow falling. This is me practicing gratitude when I am feeling some other type of way. I am grateful that I didnt take the chance of the dangerous drive last night and I skipped homegroup. I am grateful to have had a second night cuddling my kiddo watching disney+. I am grateful that my dad salted our driveway last night and I am hopeful the municipality has taken care of the roads by the time I need to leave.

Grateful for strong coffee on chilly mornings, hot showers to loosen tight muscles and daily meditation readings.

I am grateful to be me.

15 Likes

I have not posted in awhile, good news is Iā€™m not drinking. This forum broke my cycle of daily drinking and for that, I will be forever grateful :heart:

Iā€™m grateful for the 1.5 years I was blessed with Max in my life. :dog:

Iā€™m grateful for his silliness, absolute sweetness and pure innocence he had.

He was a SR rescue, his blindness never stopped his love for people, sniffing outside and especially food!

His former life probably wasnā€™t ideal, but he was happy to have a warm home, a bed on the couch next to me, and my cat Riley who snuggled and adored him.

My heart is broken. Max crossed the :rainbow: bridge on Wednesday. He will forever be in my heart. Iā€™m sharing one of my favorite pics of him. Iā€™m so grateful we found each other. :blue_heart:

21 Likes

Aww. :cry: Maxie.
Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful picture of Max to remember him by and all his cuteness. What a great gift you gave freely for him. So sweet of you. I know itā€™s painful. So painful. Iā€™m grateful you posted and arenā€™t drinking like you use too. And grateful that pic will be my fave pic and memory of your boy.
Go easy on yourself.
Fellow Max dog owner.
:pray::pray::pray:
:heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

Aww @maxwell while im happy to see your name pop up and im so terribly sorry for your loss. Max is and will forever be a positive light in your life and on this forum. Hugs

8 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss @maxwell
My heart goes to you.

7 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for a nap. On the desk :woman_facepalming: I fell asleep while some software was updating. Seems the lack of restful sleep interferes with my ability to concentrate. Massively :grimacing:
Grateful for the christmas lights, they lighten my heart too.
Grateful Iā€™m aware of resentments against my husband. Iā€™m angry about his ignoring the need to talk. grrrrā€¦ Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not texting or calling or nagging. I have to put in more work to let go. Serenity prayer. Focus on me. Thatā€™s difficult when Iā€™m tired all day :angry: Iā€™m a bit grumpy right now. Need to go to bed.

Iā€™m grateful I enjoyed most of this friday and did things I like. Best: I finished them :pray: yeah.

13 Likes

So sorry to hear the sad news, what a great picture.
Nice to see you :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes