Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

I’m grateful :innocent:
I’m grateful I am finding some of the music from Insight Timer on Apple iTunes. And I can make my own playlist. I’m grateful I’m all devotional, readings, and meditated up and ready for gratitude.

I’m grateful my wife got her hair done and the winter weather cooperated with her drive back and forth yesterday.

I’m grateful there’s no snow in the forecast today or tomorrow and plenty of sunshine. Cold but sunny.

I’m grateful I’m getting the house cleaned up a little at a time ODAAT.

I’m grateful for crawling grand baby videos.
I’m grateful for another good nights sleep.
I’m grateful for my hot tea and coffee.
I’m grateful for indictments :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
I’m grateful we got a few errands to do, a little more house cleaning and an appointment tomorrow morning and then we are the fuck outta here. :cactus::desert:
I’m grateful to look forward to smelling my Jasmine when I get to the desert :wink: And all the spring flowers, especially Daisy Mountain :heart_eyes_cat: if I can get in close to see it. I’m grateful I changed Dodger to Daisy after Daisy Mountain and hence we got Dazercat :crazy_face::smiley_cat:
I’m grateful she just wasn’t a Dodger.

I’m grateful for you all :pray:t2::heart::hugs:

“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
Cynthia Ozick

15 Likes

I’m grateful Christopher Walken is 80 years old today. I cannot believe he’s 80. That makes me pretty old too :scream:
@JB.5280

I’m grateful to share this video with anyone willing to watch it. If you’ve never seen it. You’ll be grateful you watched finally.
He’s amazing.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

12 Likes

Love walken! Watched the whole thing lol @Dazercat

6 Likes

I’ll be effed. 80 doesn’t seem all that old. Oh shit did I think that out loud. Well I am glad my next trip around the sun is almost completed. I’m grateful every day when He shakes me awake. I’m grateful for being useful to others. I’m grateful for cafe con oatmilk. And Vegan chocolate chunk :cookie: cookies. I am so grateful for my mom. Got some time with her today,drove her to her doctor’s appointment. Another B-12 shot. She’s great for 93. Grateful for late,for me,60 minute exercise. Grateful I got to watch Chris one of the maintenance guys fish a turle out of the pool while I exercised. Grateful for all of y’all . We’re doin this together ODAAT. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

11 Likes

Grateful for making it into day 52 sober. Grateful im eating better. Eating raw garlic and onion and radish and carrot to hopefully get a respectable blood pressure reading

14 Likes

Early morning gratitude. I’m grateful I fell asleep yesterday, without sleeping meds. I’m grateful a friend helped me to clear the greenhouse and put the stuff on my pick up truck. I’m grateful for her shoulder to cry on as I had two emotional episodes remembering good times with my ex we had with the greenhouse. I’m grateful I don’t want the bad times back just for him to be there. I’m grateful I’m working on my codependency and realize codependent behaviour.

I’m grateful for my cats. For this lovely purring furballs with so much personality. For Missi purring and acupuncturing me awake, she needs love.

I’m grateful @HoofHearted is ok. I’m grateful @Dazercat will be in the dessert soon. I’m grateful for lovely cow pics from @Roadrunner2 :heart_eyes:

I’m grateful my body is aching. My fitness is lousy and we did a lot of work yesterday. Nonetheless I cooked dinner yesterday and have leftovers today.

I’m grateful I work at my pace, it feels so much better than all the stress with my ex. And I get things done, slowly, step by step, but I get them done. I’m grateful I get things done in time by taking my time :pray:

I’m a very lucky person living such a good life. And I’m deeply grateful for it :pray:

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I was awake in the middle of the night and am grateful I could fall asleep again after some hours.
I am my neighbours take care of my apartment and mail while I am away.
I am grateful it’s not raining at the moment.
It’s difficult to find gratitude right now. I am grateful I can handle my life. I am grateful I can walk and most of my senses work. Sensing shit and saying no is something I have to work on, though :roll_eyes:
I am grateful I have enough.

13 Likes

Firstly I’d like to say I’m especially grateful @cjp for her 11 months, huge congratulations to you :fireworks:

Grateful today is Saturday, I get to do what I enjoy, today I will be planting seeds :grin:

Grateful I had a lye in until 8am.
Grateful when I woke up feeling foggy I knew to just wait 10 mins, it’s a feeling, it will pass as nd sure it did.
I’m grateful to have acknowledged this and will try telling myself this before I ever feel I’m engaging with my panick button.

I’m grateful today I will put a meal in the slow cooker while I do some enjoyable bits around the home.
I’m grateful if I decide to give my body a break from the daily fitness classes and swimming I can do a home workout to help aid my insomnia - as it works to minimise this.

Grateful it’s time for breakfast :fried_egg:

11 Likes

I’m grateful for the dance I just did getting out of bed to everybody dance now song - so grateful to have style getting out of bed this morning :joy:

7 Likes

I am literally sitting here in tears so full of gratitude that it’s overwhelming. I’ve mentioned before that I’m an early riser and I enjoy the quiet of the morning with my cup of coffee listening to the birds welcoming the new day. I had no idea. No idea at all. Today I am once again a part of the world. The bird singing is surrounding me with sounds of glory and I praise my higher power along with them. I thought something had riled the birds up to make them more vocal. No. I got my hearing aids yesterday. I just turned the volume to zero and heard what I’m used to. A dull, grey world with little bird song. Turned them back up and a beautiful chorus was there. I can hear the water in the canal behind my house. I can hear the wind dancing in the trees. Such a small thing to change in my life but it’s making my heart feel like it’s going to burst with happiness. Ooohh, the cat just jumped on the back of the sofa and I can hear her purring!! I had no idea I was this deaf!! I’m even grateful to hear the traffic in the distance!

What a glorious blessed day. I hope your day is as wonderful!

19 Likes

Wow, thank you for sharing this. We tend to take our senses for granted. :upside_down_face: Enjoy listening.

9 Likes

It’s Saturday morning and I’m grateful to be sober.

I’m grateful to be able to celebrate my son’s 31st birthday today. His birth story was dramatic and we nearly lost him several times. His birth story was an important experience in my formation as a person. He’s healthy and happy and most of all he is a kind man.

I’m grateful that even though there were multiple tornadoes in our area last night, we were safe and it appears our property did fine as well. It’s nights like that when I appreciate my 133 year old house and it’s deep midwestern basement with thick fieldstone walls.

I’m grateful that I got to enjoy the week away from work. Our mini vacation trip was nice. We visited with various friends. Everyone was supportive of our sobriety, and some of our friends are on their sober journey as well! It is more peaceful to vacation sober. Nevertheless I was happy to get home to my own bed.

I’m grateful to still be learning a lot about the world and about relationships and about myself. I recently listened to some podcasts by Brene Brown that were focused on how to avoid resentment by maintaining healthy boundaries and expressing your actual needs. I did a lot of thinking about this and then articulated some second thoughts I’m having about the giant bike ride in Iowa this summer. I need to decide again if this is what I really want to do as it will be a very time-consuming project. I talked to the hubby about this in line with the idea of expressing my needs. That’s a big deal as expressing my own needs is a newer skill for me at age 58. Why? Well in my family of origin, this was absolutely not allowed. And if one tried to do so, the response was swift and violent. I’m grateful to be beyond that.

I’m grateful for a quiet weekend before I head back to the classroom on Monday.

I wish you all the best.

12 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :heart:

Today I’m grateful for tears too…finished reading a book in the sunshine in my garden. It was such a beautiful story, in its simplicity about love. Cried and cried. I’m grateful these tears were brought from beauty, sadness, connection with universal feelings. No substances added. Grateful I can have genuine feelings again.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :heart:

12 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for a wonderful day spent with my sister and her 2 babies. I’m grateful we got to meet our Dad for lunch, and had so much fun at this restaurant with cool lawn games, and fun stuff to play with. I’m grateful to be able to give my sister a bit of a rest from the babies- I had a blast playing with them! I’m grateful I wasn’t one of the people downing mimosas and getting louder and louder. I’m grateful today will be an easy day- not much planned but some gardening and bread baking. I’m grateful I found a pristine bread machine at my local thrift shop for only $15! I’ll be even more grateful to see that it actually works :joy:.
Everyone have a wonderful day❤️

12 Likes

I’m so happy for you @SassyBoomer
What a boost in quality of life :hugs::notes:

7 Likes

I’m grateful :innocent:

I’m grateful my wife didn’t fall down last night out at dinner. I’m grateful I was a wreck most of the night. I’m grateful it’s because I didn’t enforce my boundary of not going out at night if she drinks at lunch. I’m grateful sometimes it’s just so fucking hard. I’m grateful for Al-Anon. I’m grateful I know I need Al-Anon. I’m grateful this will pass. I’m grateful to be able to let that out here and maybe get on with some other gratitude.

I’m grateful the sun is shining.
I’m grateful it’s the 4th month and I plan to work the 4th step as long as it takes. I’m grateful I got my Blue Print For Progress.
I’m grateful I got a pretty good start on the morning for this travel day.
I’m grateful we don’t have to give Alice subcutaneous fluids or give Minnie an Adequan shot.

I’m grateful it’s only a 2 hour drive.
I’m grateful we’ll be walking in to new carpet down there. Anyone want to start a pool on when Benson will christen the new carpet? Talk about a fucker. I’m grateful every time Benson gives me a look he’s going out! I’m grateful the new carpet has a backing that prevents liquid from going through it to the carpet pad. About time!

I’m grateful picturing Twizzle waking up to Everybody Dance Now!! :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m grateful to look for CJ and her 11 months today. That’s pretty fucking awesome :star_struck:

I’m grateful for meditation. I’m grateful I’m doing it a lot.
I’m grateful I got the house as clean as I could before we leave. ODAAT, a little at a time, without hurting my back.

I’m grateful for YOU! Ya YOU! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:pray:t2::cactus::cold_face::heart::desert::snowflake:

“Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.”
Gabrielle Bernstein

16 Likes

I’m grateful for this. Grateful I’m not alone in this. I hope this podcast is easy to find. I’ve been putting off Brené Brown in my recovery. No reason. There’s just so much recovery out there. I’ll give this a look. Thanks. And a nudge to make it easier for me to find would be grateful. At 63 I still can’t seem to get my needs met either.

Side note. For what it’s worth. We committed to a trip to Machu Picchu with our best friends a few years ago. I really wanted to go with them. The hiking sounded unbelievable. Well a few months before the trip we back out. I felt terrible doing that to my best friends. We don’t have many friends. But it was the right decision for us. We are still best friends. They even sent pics. We enjoyed them. To this day I know that was the right decision and I’m so happy I made that decision.

Grateful to see you Lab.
:pray:t2::heart:

11 Likes

@Cjp
Must of been a good date night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ll catch your 11 later.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

8 Likes

I am grateful for this second chance at life my husband and i have been given, for redemption. Am grateful Jesus died for me . Am grateful to see my husband be reunified with his children and us being able to viset them and extended family. I am grateful for the storms in life because it gives us opportunity go strengthen and grow and makes the good times all the sweeter.

10 Likes
5 Likes